Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
68 posts

Re: thanks for nothing home mansion

Feb 17, 2011

Short answer would be, it would be a loading nightmare.

Imagine, loading all those rooms at once, with extra items people stuff into them, plus extra people. Yeah, crashes and forzen periods will essure for systems and possible servers.

Not to mention as said, it did state they would all be there own spaces. The concept is nice, the house nice, just wasn't to my full fancy and this was one reason. Do your homework next time, but just becareful what you say, as the 'mistake' could have been easily advoided. They did a fantistic job with the space and I'm sure will learn from this. The best thing to do is porivde feedback in a way they can use to improve the next attempt (if there will be one).

Proud PS3 User! Beta Testing: Soduim Two
I use female avatar when possible, deal with it.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 37 (14 Views)
Sackboy
432 posts

Feb 17, 2011

Regarless of whether or not I personally agree with the base point you're trying to make, I feel that if you want your concerns to be seriously considered you may need to re-evaluate your approach when voicing your input. A mature & well thought out response is much more likely to be taken seriously than all-out flaming.

just a suggestion..

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 37 (14 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I'm with you. It would be a loading, freezing, generally buggy disaster. One that would not be fixed, an incrementally so at best, for a long time.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 37 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2262 posts

Feb 17, 2011

The mansion would be more fun, if it was connected, free roaming..I hope we can soon..it's only right.. price of this place is to much..and a small television, come on Sony..Please Think..Think about your customers, the ones that spend hard earn cash, and making the community happy and proud of this space more..

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 37 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5309 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I'm not sure if the size of that TV is because of all the other stuff in the space.

And you're right, Fly-boi. It would be a lot more fun if it was connected. I'm sure that someone, somewhere thought of this, but it doesn't hurt for people to speak up and say that this is something they'd like to see.

Just keep it respectful and focused on the features. We don't all need to scream "fail" when something doesn't work right, because there are a lot of reasons why something might not work right.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 37 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
502 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I don't think it would actually be possible to have a situation where you are in one of your mansion spaces and a friend is in another. And that's not what really would be necessary to fulfill the implied promise that this is all one space. What's really the issue is that when you leave a space your friends get booted to their Harbor Studios and you have to reinvite them to the new space. It's very clumsy. It would only take a minor tweak to this scenario to fix this. I'm going to say it yet again because I just really like this idea lol. Make it so that when a host leaves a space the guests are not booted to their Harbor Studio but rather they just go to the navigator, much like when Home first starts up. Also, make a setting so that if you are in any of your personal spaces your friends can just walk in if and when they like if your are there. That way instead of it being- host leaves, guests get booted, each guest must be reinvited, it would be- host leaves, guest looks at friends list and presses x, *boom* he or she is there. Of course this would have to come with a core client update but I just can't imagine it would be too hard for them to do this or something like this. I'm also fairly confident that they will since sales for personal spaces would increase if usability increases.

Screw you guys. I'm going Home.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 37 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5309 posts

Feb 18, 2011

I like your Navigator solution, and I could see that working.

Not so sure I like the idea of friends just walking into Private Spaces, tho. They are Private spaces for a reason, after all.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 37 (14 Views)