Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 16 2012
By: WWERaw526 Sackboy 564 posts

An idea for a NYC Central Park Space,

11 replies 376 views Edited Jan 16, 2012

having it as a personal space would be too big and cause too much lag or unless you cut down the park into a small size, that would be good.

centralparkmap.jpgcpark.jpg

Give what this park has which would give you new stuff to do like:

Baseball - they have like 26 baseball fields in here, but that might have to be adjusted and have like 4 or 5 fields on there.

Checking out a Museum or a Zoo thats full of wild active animals and info about them lol, when viewing the Museum, put real history info next to each statue or sculpture thats in there not something about the XI nuseum and having a staute of the stapler or something fake and uninteresting lol. If your not able to do that then you might as well do the history of playstation home in there, like the past things and ya thats when you can put stapler in there lol.

I bet there's more to do, but I dont expect you guys to make the entire park, that would take for ever, I would just cut down the park size and put all the interesting fun things in one area. you should do it near the Bethesda Fountain area, that would be cool. The background for the space should look like your in the midde of NYC, seeing all the nice buildings that surround the park, no fake background like having a few buildings and the sun lol. 

1_1281485384_central-park---bethesda-fountain.jpgPark2.jpg

Feel free to leave a comment, let me know if this would be a great idea and if you got more ideas, then you may share them on here.

Message 1 of 12 (376 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Re: An idea for a NYC Central Park Space,

Jan 17, 2012

having such space may help users 2 4get the CP :smileytongue:

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 2 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jan 17, 2012

what do you mean by that??

Message 3 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jan 17, 2012

I think he means if we got a cool space like this that is an outdoor park setting with lots of space people would get over losing Central Plaza. I agree completely, it doesn't have to be filled with games but an event once in a while would be nice. It's pretty obvious that the Hub could not do something like the AXE angels event because of the size, we have gotten smaller common spaces since the makeover and people want something big like Central Plaza.

Message 4 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
406 posts

Jan 17, 2012

I think this is a great idea.I wonder if it would be easier for Sony to recreate Tokyo's Yoyogi park?Aparently its a huge gathering place for artists of all kinds,cosplayers ect....and events are held there regularly.

yoyogi-park-event.png

Message 5 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jan 18, 2012

thanks for the comment, ya i think it would look cool if they made this

Message 6 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
561 posts

Jan 18, 2012

A central park idea would be a good alternative to the current HUB. I have stayed away from the big hub haters rants because I spend so much time in the other areas, (I think that was the goal, leave the HUB small so people travel around) but in so doing they killed off a central meeting area that people really enjoyed. If as many people I saw in CP at times tryed to cram into the HUB... well moving would be an issue.

As far as a FULL central park space (with zoo, Museum, cafes, water ways, etc...) I think that would dig into the good part of the rebuild. I like the idea of areas (sports walk, the Pier) for genre areas. The central Park idea would more smoothly fit into the current model if it had lots of space, a one or two interesting games, 3 or 4 dancing areas each with its own music, and links out to other areas. Move the Zoo to the Pier, the Museum to adventure land, the fields to sports wolk, so on and so forth. The most important aspect would be the sence of a large space. Open sky, long view angles, a few secluded corners, and directly linked to the other spaces. You could even add a few easter egg locations that link to developer spaces.

Alacrity

AlacrityFitz Trophy Card
Message 7 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jan 19, 2012

ya i agree with that

Message 8 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2123 posts

Jan 19, 2012

WWERaw526 wrote:

what do you mean by that??

many users were asking 2 bring the central plaza & they simply cant accept the fact that it wont come back again. so i suggested 2 have a new space instead of bringing back old spaces. the idea of ur space is awesome & i think it might help them 4get the CP .

AM GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST
http://about.me/Rage_kmj

PSN Gamercards
Message 9 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Jan 19, 2012

I'm glad that you think the idea is awesome and ya, I'm sure it will help them forget about Central Plaza. Maybe they should change the name to Central City Park or something cool, so that way it doesn't make ppl complain about why they made a central park but not a whole new central plaza.  

Message 10 of 12 (376 Views)
0 Likes