Dec 02 2011
By: Instigator1199 Lombax Warrior 196 posts

Add a vote kick feature to the Home Poker Tables

10 replies 35 views Edited Dec 2, 2011

Myself and 4 other players were playing poker today and noticed something a little strange.    We had been playing at the same table for about 2 hours and then noticed something a little fishy.    

Some random person joined our table and mysteriously won 5 hands in a row.       I brought this to the attention of the other players who had been sitting at this table with me for a couple hours and we all agreed this was very unusual.  

We agreed on this because we had been sitting  at the table for over 2 hours and none of us had won 5 hands in a row.      So how is it that this one person can join our table and just magically win 5 hands in a row.    

Home developers, add a vote kick feature to your tables.   Psn is supposed to be a level playing field.  So why is this allowed to go on ?     I play the game legit, so why are these other people allowed to play differently ?    

This is pretty much EA sports poker room all over again.   It's ridiculous.  

LOOK AT MY SPEED TEST RESULTS. WHY IS MY PSN CONNECTION SO SLOW ?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1388782093.png
Message 1 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Re: Add a vote kick feature to the Home Poker Tables

Dec 2, 2011

Instigator1199 wrote:

Myself and 4 other players were playing poker today and noticed something a little strange.    We had been playing at the same table for about 2 hours and then noticed something a little fishy.    

Some random person joined our table and mysteriously won 5 hands in a row.       I brought this to the attention of the other players who had been sitting at this table with me for a couple hours and we all agreed this was very unusual.  

We agreed on this because we had been sitting  at the table for over 2 hours and none of us had won 5 hands in a row.      So how is it that this one person can join our table and just magically win 5 hands in a row.    

Home developers, add a vote kick feature to your tables.   Psn is supposed to be a level playing field.  So why is this allowed to go on ?     I play the game legit, so why are these other people allowed to play differently ?    

This is pretty much EA sports poker room all over again.   It's ridiculous.  

LOOK AT MY SPEED TEST RESULTS. WHY IS MY PSN CONNECTION SO SLOW ? http://www.speedtest.net/result/1388782093.png

Five hands in a row?  I've played in live tournaments and home games where someone goes on a roll with more than five winning hands in a row.  Luck plays a big roll... and an experienced player can get better hands to fold thus increasing their odds of winning as well.

If you have proof of cheating that's one thing, but all this is basic confirmation of odds, and that it's possible to flip a coin ten times in a row, and for it to come up heads each time.  Probable, no, but definitely possible - and certainly possible to win five hands in a row in poker especially - as it isn't just luck that determines the outcome.

As for a feature to kick a player off a table based on a majjority vote of the players in the game, I think that's a great idea - not because I'm worried someoen is cheating, but because some people puprosefully disrupt games by stalling each time its their turn, and then betting/raising the min so they can stall the game even more.  Ive seen some hands last over 10 minutes! 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 2 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1453 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I really like the idea of kicking someone from the table, but when I read the title, what immediately came to mind was the idiot that just joined your table that you've been at for some time, and goes all in on 2 of hearts and 4 of spades while you just got dealt a pair of aces.  Then they luck out and win, which just reinforces them to continue their shenanigans.  But the time factor is another major issue.  Taking 29 seconds to check, repeatedly, IS game disruption as far as I am concerned and should be penalized, but lets make it fun for those who have suffered through this moron's nonsense.

Once the majority at the table vote to "kick" the offending party, have a swinging boot, just like the Slap Happy Sam's swinging boot, forcefully eject that player off the table, and make it such that once this action is taken, that player can't rejoin that table for, say, an hour.    DG

Posted Image
Message 3 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Dec 3, 2011

I dislike this idea with people who will abuse it by having their fams or clans kick who ever they choose not the play with or if someone who keeps winning other players who gets a little upset and decided to kick you out of the table. I've got an idea a lot of people will abuse this option because ive seen a lot of players who either don't like me or jealous because i keep winning. They would either send me a bounch of nasty messages or continously folding their cards waiting for me to leave or they'll leave themseleves. Talk about childish. lol i know who they are too.

Message 4 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1453 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Yea, I considered the abuse part of it too, but since this will never happen, I thought I'd vent a little and have a bit of fun at the same time.    DG

Posted Image
Message 5 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Dec 3, 2011

There certainly are disruptive players in poker and I like the idea, but I'm not sure how it could be implemented fairly. I'd like to see the idea fleshed out more.

As others have said here I don't think we can assume that someone is cheating just because they win a lot. That's how poker luck goes, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Message 6 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27002 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Just because someone wins five hands in a row is not reason enough to kick them from the game. Maybe they were lucky.

If you suspect that something fishy is going on, just say so. If it continues, simply type in, "Reporting this person for cheating in game" and then submit a report for disrupting the game.

The option for kicking people from games has been abused. If there is proof of inappropriate behavior or cheating, I'm all for it. But if there isn't...

Right now, simply report the person, continue the game or move to another table. I'm sure none of us would want to be kicked just because there are three or four players who may not like us or are voting for kicks (pun intended). I'm sure you wouldn't want to see "There s a vote in progress to kick 'your name' from the game" pop up every two minutes.

By the way, if someone votes every two minutes to kick another, they can be reported. So abusing such an option in itself will be considered disruptive to the game.

Lastly, why is it that many people are not using the monthly suggestion thread? You do know that most of these threads will disappear due to the number of discussions created everyday? The monthly suggestion thread is stickied and the Managers do look at it as it is an offical thread. Many of the things we have in Home came from that thread. If you are serious about your ideas and suggestions, why not post there? When I have a suggestion, I definitely want it read and eventually make it's way into Home.

November Suggestions (Updated)

The way I look at it, post a suggestion in the monthly suggestion thread and then discuss and elaborate on it in the suggestion forum.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Conrad_Max wrote:

Lastly, why is it that many people are not using the monthly suggestion thread? You do know that most of these threads will disappear due to the number of discussions created everyday? The monthly suggestion thread is stickied and the Managers do look at it as it is an offical thread. Many of the things we have in Home came from that thread. If you are serious about your ideas and suggestions, why not post there? When I have a suggestion, I definitely want it read and eventually make it's way into Home.

November Suggestions (Updated)

The way I look at it, post a suggestion in the monthly suggestion thread and then discuss and elaborate on it in the suggestion forum.

Get your Portable ID! http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

Um it's december I didn't think they would even look or count the ideas of the old suggestion thread. I was waiting for the december one

Message 8 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27002 posts

Dec 3, 2011

M151_ALPHA_UNIT wrote:

Get your Portable ID! http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3883302

Um it's december I didn't think they would even look or count the ideas of the old suggestion thread. I was waiting for the december one

When the new suggestion thread is up, the old one will be locked and looked into. The Managers and Developers will look at the previous month's suggestion thread before looking at the current one; November before December.

Message 9 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Dec 5, 2011

Wow 5 hands in a row someone was lucky.

Message 10 of 11 (35 Views)
0 Likes