Aug 08 2012
By: bfear333 I Only Post Everything 1231 posts

A real guide!

12 replies 418 views Edited Aug 8, 2012

ok this is a suggestion!  Id also believe its a discussion and can also be put in the discussion ps home forum section.  I will state the topic first.... then the suggestion.

We have people who try to do good on home.  They are not guides, they might have groups to help people (wannabe guides 0.o lol).  Guides are pretty useful too.  I like the guides who are real cause even they dont know everything.  the discussion would be i think we should have a better team and that can be disscussed but now comes the suggestion for what this whole topic is really all about...

If you look at any team you just dont have one person do everything... its broken down to areas or duties.  I would like to see on the activity board cause its source for people to view on home all the names of whos a guide.  So when people need hellp or want a tour they can see all the names and mgs the one they like.  now guides are busy people,  not always...lol.  So another suggestion WHICH I FEEL IS A GREAT IDEA is.....    have live guides.  we can call them that or something else.  a guilde is all talk... but what if your having trouble making friends.... then the live guide can be your shadow and help guide you in making friends.   hands on!!!!!!!!   or....  lets say you dont understand something... the live guide goes with you and shows you step by step how something works.   many ppl wanna help so this give chances for those people to help out.  I hear that a lot of guilde left?  So having more guides might not be a bad idea....  ppl like to see good people around.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 1 of 13 (418 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: A real guide!

Aug 8, 2012

Guides are on Home to help users who are new to Home, need to know about new places, events, or even check out mini games.

Even showcase items, that aren't released yet.

Don't think it's in the contract where a guide needs to help users make friends, they're already busy enough as it is.

Guides already do help people, and show them step by step how things work. Just ask, and if you never ask.

You'll never know.

Message 2 of 13 (411 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Aug 9, 2012
What a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 3 of 13 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5095 posts

Aug 9, 2012

If anyone needing any help from us Home Guides, feel free to contact us,

check our listing at http://us.playstation.com/hcv-faq

Message 4 of 13 (376 Views)
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Aug 9, 2012
There should be a HVC area in the HUB like an information kiosk that tells people about the program and how to contact them as well as the Home forums info. The Hub is supposed to be the first landing point for a new user to give them direction and I don't see any direction at all there just ad's, stores and jump spots for games. If it wasn't for Julie and David's efforts in helping the community every week then the Hub would be just another random space. Obviously you can't post a guide at all hours in a space so an info kiosk would be an excellent solution. 😊
Message 5 of 13 (358 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 10, 2012

How can I contact a guide ?   

Message 6 of 13 (345 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27110 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 10, 2012

Y2David posted a link in his message. Click on the link to see the list of current Home Community Volunteers. Send any of them a message via the XMB of your PS3.

Click on Home Community Volunteer FAQ.

I suggest that anyone else who might want to contact the HCVs to click on the link and then Topic Options located on the top left of the thread. Then click on Float this Topic to the Top.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 13 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Aug 10, 2012
agree steve

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 8 of 13 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

I would like to be a guide but I'm not yet. But anyone that needs or would like help I'm more than happy to help. I'm usually on mon-Fri from 11pm central to 3am. And sat-sun most of the day.

Edit: removed personal info

Message 9 of 13 (294 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27110 posts

Aug 20, 2012

You might want to remove your email address as it is against the Rules and you have no idea who is looking at it. Some not so nice person(s) may decide to scam, spam, hack or infect your computer. You never know.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 10 of 13 (289 Views)
0 Likes