Highlighted
Splicer
28 posts

Re: x7 rope crossing prompt blockers

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

msx293 wrote:

quick word of advice for avoiding the x7 problem, go into x7 or wherever then exit again to your personal space. once there hit start, navigator then go to recently visited & favorite the other x7 or whatever room ( this works for almost every room & space ) you now have access to x7 or wherever without having to deal with the masses at the x7 entrance. this also allows faster downloads of spaces & rooms & you have ease of access while the underprivileged & trolls at places like the x7 entrance are stuck there by themselves while you go on your merry way. so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone, you pass up the little trolls who obviously don't have parents who care & you get to actually laugh at them because they are now the joke looking like idiots & peasants unable to cross the rope. you're welcome, have a nice day  Smiley Happy

While I agree in theory with most of what you said, x7 is one of the only places in ps home that will not allow you to nav directly upstairs. You have to go through the entrance space to get there.

Aaaaaaand YES my pointing out blatent abuse of the T.O.S. has inadvertently baited a lot of people into attempting to troll me, verbally attack me in a passive-aggressive manner and a not so passive, aggressive manner in this thread. I have not only proven my point about breaking the T.O.S.   I have also shown everyone involved, who in this thread has a compassionate attitude towards other ps home goers and who will go out of their way to belittle people for pointing out abuse.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, too many choose to voice an opinion of distaste for other people expressing one.

Message 151 of 162 (240 Views)
Sackboy
297 posts

Re: X7 Rope Tips

Sep 17, 2013
  myalana wrote:

So you wanted pity and were baiting us all because you really didn't have a problem getting behind the rope? Ok, we get it....you just wanted to complain about people who you really didn't have a problem avoiding. Happy reporting and best of luck to you. We're all really sorry that it takes upwards of 2 extra seconds to get behind the rope and stuff and hope that you aren't further inconvenienced or something. :smileyhappy:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

chosek777 wrote:

The purpose of this thread is to point out the blatent T.O.S. violation of deliberately creating not just one, but two copies of the same eyesore (since one didn't take up enough space) in this attempt to interfere with passage.

The point is you have the tools to ignore them. YOU CHOOSE to not do so and as such they are a problem for you. The point of your thread is a mute one given it's your choice. You can report and ignore/block.

It's really pretty simple. 

It's nice to see how welcome you make people feel to use the forums. (Sarcasm) Especially when they are relatively new to posting.

Message 152 of 162 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Sep 17, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
Someone else's wellbeing shouldn't dictate how well others feel in their being.

MY isn't THAT profound!

SO, with that SO profound quote before you, riddle me this:

WHY should YOU or ANYONE bother worrying about anyone else's "well being?"

The ROPE is ALWAYS accessible.

REGARDLESS who, or HOW MANY ppl are in front of that bouncer or in front of the rope, or on the stairs....

SEVERAL OPTIONS ARE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO ALL WHINERS AND COMPLAINERS:

1. If you walk up towards the rope directly facing the Bouncer on your Left, where the twin avis are dancing, you can see the prompt.
  2. If you walk up towards the rope in the center of the carpet, you will see the prompt between the 3rd and 4th step heading up.
  3. If you approach the twin avis in front of the bouncer on the left, and press x, you will see the option to IGNORE. When this option is selected, their dancing stops, and the prompt to enter x7 becomes OH SO OBVIOUS...
  4. If ALL ELSE FAILS, the poor downtrodden and angry whiners can ALWAYS simply walk to the bouncer on the left and hit 'x'. They then SIMPLY need to use the left or right buttons on their controller to scroll left or right to see the prompt. I often find the enter prompt positioned just left of the twin avis, somewhat facing the paparazzi  area.

But OF COURSE, it is SO much easier to post a sad, rage filled little rant about it here, replete with all the little complaints and snarky insults that several of you are SO well known here for...lol.

And, just as a point of order for the Whiny Baby crowd, unlike the trolls and miscreants SO often complained about, I have never been banned or suspended, and am extremely proud that I have no alt IDs, as I'm still standing with my original avi. There is no need to create dozens of alts when your original avi follows TOS and doesn't get banned, even after countless protests and reports...lolol.

And the fact that some of us have been at that rope since x7 opened, and people have always managed to get past the rope is testiment to the poor navigational skill set of the OP and others who cannot seem to operate their controllers with the effectiveness of everyone else...I do not think that should be Sony's concern. After all, some basic abilities are a given requirement to operate within home. I don't think the inability to find a prompt should require a space redesign after all this time, when OBVIOUS work arounds exist...lolol!

And if you MERELY use the entrance as a PASS through to the x7 portal, rather than a gathering spot, then you shouldn't really have ANY problems with anyone else, similar to ANY other space on Home...

But of course, it's FAR easier to complain rather than to USE the tools available to you to prevent your complaint in the first place, yes?

My POV: Enjoy YOUR Home experience, without forcing it on those around you.
RESPECT is FREE. You will get what you give.
Message 153 of 162 (212 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

Sep 17, 2013

chosek777 wrote:

Your personal desire to pick up the torch on their behalf does not refute the fact that they are parked on the promt to cause controversy and obstruct the prompt. Which IS a violation of the T.O.S. by way of GAME INTERFERENCE. Being an effective means of such obstruction is moot.

OH REALLY?

Then WHY don't you, and EVERYONE so bothered REPORT them?
It most certainly IS a report option...

Do you think you will accomplish more HERE with a whiny thread, when ALL your issue seems to be, is that you DON"T LIKE it?????

LOLOL

Too funny.

If it were meant as an obstruction, it would be MOOT, by YOUR OWN admission.

Yet you post this thread to rant and rage...Tsk. THAT is attacking, regardless HOW you try to disguise it...

And that is also against TOS...so...Do as YOU say, not as YOU DO...aha. Thank you  for the clarification here. lol

I doubt anyone will EVER move when people whine at that rope. I know I never HAVE, and never WILL.

SONY has coded the space so that like it or not, NO ONE has to MOVE to please YOU....

Enjoy!

Message 154 of 162 (206 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28377 posts

Sep 17, 2013

It appears for some, the easiest solution is often the hardest to digest.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 155 of 162 (202 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: X7 Rope Tips

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

Lissa_Fett wrote:
It's nice to see how welcome you make people feel to use the forums. (Sarcasm) Especially when they are relatively new to posting.

Sorry Lissa but this is a discussion forum and people are entitled to express their opinions. Expressing an opinion that is different from that of the OP doesn't make them a troll or have anything to do with making them welcome here on the fourm. 

You've been around long enough to know that ignore/block can easily deal with the issue yet choosing not to use that option is a personal choice. The OP or anyone else there who is upset with the trolls has the option to report them. No one is defending their behavior but it's certainly an easy thing to get around. 

Message 156 of 162 (194 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Sep 17, 2013

chosek777 wrote:

msx293 wrote:

quick word of advice for avoiding the x7 problem, go into x7 or wherever then exit again to your personal space. once there hit start, navigator then go to recently visited & favorite the other x7 or whatever room ( this works for almost every room & space ) you now have access to x7 or wherever without having to deal with the masses at the x7 entrance. this also allows faster downloads of spaces & rooms & you have ease of access while the underprivileged & trolls at places like the x7 entrance are stuck there by themselves while you go on your merry way. so you kill 2 birds with 1 stone, you pass up the little trolls who obviously don't have parents who care & you get to actually laugh at them because they are now the joke looking like idiots & peasants unable to cross the rope. you're welcome, have a nice day  Smiley Happy

While I agree in theory with most of what you said, x7 is one of the only places in ps home that will not allow you to nav directly upstairs. You have to go through the entrance space to get there.

Aaaaaaand YES my pointing out blatent abuse of the T.O.S. has inadvertently baited a lot of people into attempting to troll me, verbally attack me in a passive-aggressive manner and a not so passive, aggressive manner in this thread. I have not only proven my point about breaking the T.O.S.   I have also shown everyone involved, who in this thread has a compassionate attitude towards other ps home goers and who will go out of their way to belittle people for pointing out abuse.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, too many choose to voice an opinion of distaste for other people expressing one.

Blatent abuse of ToS? Again you obviously never met a real troll or hater. This is the most whimsycal and usesless attempt of "game disruption" I ever saw. As I said before. IT'S A "NON ISSUE"! 

If you like standing around that rope. One side or another. And I'm pretty sure many of those "protestor" actually have access to x7 on one account or another. Than it's because you like that kind of dumb waste of time called arguing over nothing.

If you go to x7 entrance only to access the club, the "blocker" are not an issue, as you said yourself.

One way or another there's nothing worth loosing keyboard strokes over it.

n.b. how can you call something "game disrupting" when there's not even a game in the place...

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 157 of 162 (194 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

This thread is turning into the say this, say that, report that, thread instead of lets resolve the rope blockers

Really, if you understand, you don't have to directly stand in front of the bouncer. We know to use the d pad, but if they are there only standing in front of him all of the time, every day,  why should they be there? to just block others and tell others to redirect? We have to do what you said continuously, M0Z. Will it really bother them to just step to the right a little like when people are on your avi?

if you're gonna stay at x7 entrance, don't block the entrance, I could care less about the arguing, that is what y'all do, and that is your issue to resolve and work out, not Sony, not LKWD, heavy water, not the whole community.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 158 of 162 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1115 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2013

cgmann99 wrote:
... People can only take so much of it for so long before they stand up n do something about problem people. The question is why didnt moderation step in earlier and take action against them.
PROBABLY because Sony sees how ridiculous the complaints are, so they basically ignore the whining...lol!
 No action need be taken when the problem is a NON-ISSUE.
You have a report function. You have an IGNORE function. Therefore ANYTHING that you get a case of wild-hair-itis about is BY CHOICE, not by subjection...That is how you "stand up n do something about problem people."
And SONY has NEVER tried to stop you from finding your own entertainment on Home. So if you want to enjoy Home by complaining about all the people and LMOS and outfits YOU don't like, Sony doesn' mind. Neither do we....
I am pretty sure several reports are filed against them daily. I'd say possilbly closer to several DOZEN...
Here is a thought if you have a person doing the same behavior daily and getting a lot of reports against them maybe you should take a look at their behavior of the person doing the behavior that is being reported on and take action against them.
BUT!!! If that person is not breaking TOS, no matter HOW many people are unhappy, no matter HOW many reports are filed, NO ACTION need be taken...
Funny, after over 18 months, SONY has still decided that NO ACTION need be taken....Hmmmmm .  Perhaps the people SO concerned with trying to make Home fit THEIR narrow minded little restrictions should instead just get over themselves and move on...
Or keep reporting and posting whiny threads on the Forums. Keeps 'em off the streets and out of trouble...
The Entrance NEVER HAS been blocked. This non-issue will not change, because it is not a problem It is just a dissatisfaction with how some people think Home should work for THEM.
You always have other options...Yahoo!

Message 159 of 162 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1085 posts

Sep 17, 2013
Wow trolls coming out of the woodwork on this. Go play high mighty to your sheep there. Btw its not poor navigational skills in trying to access it like one claims. IT DOES GET BLOCKED AT TIMES AND THAT HAS HAPPENED TO SEVERAL PEOPLE ON OCCASION. I for one am glad I do not stay around there anymore to see the idiocy that takes place by some users that have been there a while.
TRANS-UNITY SUPPORTING TRUE TRANSGENDER GAMERS ON ALL PLATFORMS
Message 160 of 162 (169 Views)