May 09 2007
By: DiDonato Uncharted Territory 1828 posts

www.homebetatrial.com

31 replies 5 views Edited May 9, 2007
From the looks of things and the current posts, I take it the home beta trial website isn't taking applications for the closed beta and that was a scam. I am very frustrated because I like many people here refreshed the site quite often to see when the signup would take place all throughout april. Then people started posting saying they got emails, and other people who don't even have a ps3 and/or are very underqualified got a beta invite too. I am angered at the fact that Sony would mislead us with the site and for no reason in particular, if they were planning on sending out emails then why make a fake site to give people false hope?

Any comments, questions, or discussion about this?

Message 1 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1375 posts

Re: www.homebetatrial.com

May 9, 2007
Hahah, yeah I was one of those people I checked it every day until I got the official email. I don't think it was a scam though but I think that Sony noticed all the exposure it got and had to go to an alternate plan.

Message 2 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1828 posts

May 9, 2007

kharvick2921 wrote:
Hahah, yeah I was one of those people I checked it every day until I got the official email. I don't think it was a scam though but I think that Sony noticed all the exposure it got and had to go to an alternate plan.

I still do not think it's proper that they went to an "alternate plan." They should've announced it or "leaked" it so that the people checking the site everyday wouldn't be wasting their time. Big corporations misuse their power greatly and that annoys me more than most things in this world.

Message 3 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23950 posts

May 9, 2007

dusty0001 wrote:

kharvick2921 wrote:

I still do not think it's proper that they went to an "alternate plan." They should've announced it or "leaked" it so that the people checking the site everyday wouldn't be wasting their time. Big corporations misuse their power greatly and that annoys me more than most things in this world.

Well you don't know that the beta site will not be used, just because it hasn't been yet. I think it's hilarious that so many people checked the site religiously and they just sent out emails (sorry Smiley Tongue). I didn't check at all and I got the first email, but didn't make the first phase. Either way, no one told anyone to refresh the page constantly, it's not Sony's fault people were mislead by the website. No one said the site would be used in April, people just assumed it was going to be.

Message Edited by chadster on 05-09-2007 03:18 PM
- DoubleOSpoon
Message 4 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1828 posts

May 9, 2007

chadster wrote:

dusty0001 wrote:

kharvick2921 wrote:

Well you don't know that the beta site will not be used, just because it hasn't been yet. I think it's hilarious that so many people checked the site religiously and they just sent out emails (sorry Smiley Tongue). I didn't check at all and I got the first email, but didn't make the first phase. Either way, no one told anyone to refresh the page constantly, it's not Sony's fault people were mislead by the website. No one said the site would be used in April, people just assumed it was going to be.

Message Edited by chadster on 05-09-2007 03:18 PM

I know that no one told them to, but Sony did announce publicly that the site will start registration sometime in April. And the site even says "Keep checking back on this site to register an interest in taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™"

Message 5 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

May 9, 2007

dusty0001 wrote:
From the looks of things and the current posts, I take it the home beta trial website isn't taking applications for the closed beta and that was a scam. I am very frustrated because I like many people here refreshed the site quite often to see when the signup would take place all throughout april. Then people started posting saying they got emails, and other people who don't even have a ps3 and/or are very underqualified got a beta invite too. I am angered at the fact that Sony would mislead us with the site and for no reason in particular, if they were planning on sending out emails then why make a fake site to give people false hope?

Any comments, questions, or discussion about this?

Did you ever here of the saying "Beat a dead horse"?  If not, look it up and practice what it means.
Message 6 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

May 9, 2007
CLOSED beta means invite only.
OPEN beta means you sign up.
Message 7 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 9, 2007
i dont think it was a scam maybe it will open up soon.......
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
PSN ID: Biglipsxi
Message 8 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
477 posts

May 9, 2007

rodband wrote:
CLOSED beta means invite only.
OPEN beta means you sign up.

um.....
Quote from homebetasitetrial.com:
Keep checking back on this site to register an interest in taking part in an exclusive closed Beta Trial of Home™

Message Edited by Dustin2524 on 05-09-2007 04:49 PM

Message Edited by Dustin2524 on 05-09-2007 04:50 PM

Message Edited by Dustin2524 on 05-09-2007 04:50 PM
Message 9 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
356 posts

May 9, 2007
im glad you posted that dustin people really need to learn how to read the friggin website theres been so many people saying that that website is for the closed beta but people dont want to listen
Got My Ps3 March 16 2007
PSN ID: Biglipsxi
Message 10 of 32 (5 Views)
0 Likes