Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/22/2006
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has thought about the following:
 
The website homebetatrial.com is a Sony Computer Entertainment EUROPE site.  We are discussing the North American Home Beta trial.   Maybe the website is a "closed Beta" signup site for the European Home Beta.    In fact, I think Sony has sent invites to everyone they want for the North American closed beta.   So, for the rest of us that didn't receive invites, I think we are up a certain river.
 
I really, really wanted to beta test.  Oh well. 
Message 31 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/11/2007
Offline
211 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007
**bleep** is GAP??
Message 32 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/01/2005
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007


shcp_soccer5 wrote:
I want the link. This is B.S. everyone else has got 1. I am a registered memeber of underground. Playstation sucks they are so stupid. why are they even having the trial. there just pissing off the people who didin't get 1 and making people get their hopes up for no reason fro having the PLaystation Home Beta Trial website that says keep checking back on this site to get an exclusive trial for playstation Home. I really like my playstation 3, but there are no good games out on it and i thoght i would never do this, but i think i'm just going to buy a XBOX, since they at least have more features. SCEA should have just waited to relase HOME to everyone at the same time so their wouldn't be any confusion, and need for people to get their hopes up for no reason
 
Handle: shcp_soccer5
 



Would you still be saying this if you had gotten invited to the beta?.....ppl really need to stop with these childish rants cuz it only makes you look like a lifeless loser, and I'm sure that's not the case for many of you
Message 33 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/22/2006
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007
I think people that did not get the invite to apply are just jealous (myself included).  I really wanted in and when I didn't get in, I was a little angry.  But then again, we will all be in Home by year's end. 
 
I do, however, think Sony could have handled the beta a little different though.  Sony's PR machine has made lots of goofs since last summer and are really beginning to look bad.  The PS3 is a quality gaming and entertainment machine and I believe Sony has sacrificed short term success for long term gain.   However, the half-truths and problems are killing them.  First, they don't have enough blu-ray diodes.  Then, there are production problems.  Then, some of the initial machines may have problems and may need to be exchanged.  Then they lose exclusives.  Now, in order to gain excitement about the PS3, they announce a beta and launch a meaningless website related to it. 
 
Personally, I have never purchased anything but NES products.  This time around, I wanted a high-end, next-gen console.  I picked the PS3 because it is a better machine and it is at a better price point than the XBOX 360.  However, it is stuff like this that makes people frustrated with Sony.  They should have stayed hush hush about the Beta and then there would have been no expectations and no frustration.  Once again, Sony has made a promise and then disappoint a great number of people.
 
    
Message 34 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/01/2005
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007


Pharaoh_ wrote:
I think people that did not get the invite to apply are just jealous (myself included).  I really wanted in and when I didn't get in, I was a little angry.  But then again, we will all be in Home by year's end. 
 
I do, however, think Sony could have handled the beta a little different though.  Sony's PR machine has made lots of goofs since last summer and are really beginning to look bad.  The PS3 is a quality gaming and entertainment machine and I believe Sony has sacrificed short term success for long term gain.   However, the half-truths and problems are killing them.  First, they don't have enough blu-ray diodes.  Then, there are production problems.  Then, some of the initial machines may have problems and may need to be exchanged.  Then they lose exclusives.  Now, in order to gain excitement about the PS3, they announce a beta and launch a meaningless website related to it. 
 
Personally, I have never purchased anything but NES products.  This time around, I wanted a high-end, next-gen console.  I picked the PS3 because it is a better machine and it is at a better price point than the XBOX 360.  However, it is stuff like this that makes people frustrated with Sony.  They should have stayed hush hush about the Beta and then there would have been no expectations and no frustration.  Once again, Sony has made a promise and then disappoint a great number of people.
 
    


Even if they hadn't announced the beta ppl would've still found out about it
 
they're only going to let 15k ppl in the beta and there's  well over 400k ppl (don't know the latest #'s ). so there is going to be more ppl who don't get in then those who do
 
they promised a beta and they're delivering a beta how did they break that promise?..........EVERYONE knew how many ppl they were going to allow in the beta, they were just hoping that # would in clude them
Message 35 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/01/2007
Offline
1349 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007
what ever the site is for I bet it gets alot of hits in a day I've been checking it daily,  I'm not a G.A.P member so does that mean I can't get a invite 
Message 36 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/08/2003
Offline
90 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007
It's true that in the past being a GAP member has allowed you to have a "First Dibs" status on most Beta tests, but this was one of the exceptions and not the rule.  The only requirements for acceptance into the program that were stipulated in the e-mail were as follows: "Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members."
Message 37 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/22/2006
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007
 


Trill-Figga wrote:
 
Even if they hadn't announced the beta ppl would've still found out about it
 
they're only going to let 15k ppl in the beta and there's  well over 400k ppl (don't know the latest #'s ). so there is going to be more ppl who don't get in then those who do
 
they promised a beta and they're delivering a beta how did they break that promise?..........EVERYONE knew how many ppl they were going to allow in the beta, they were just hoping that # would in clude them



First, I haven't seen anyone actually playing in any Beta (so much for April).  Second, they said they would take signups for a closed Beta starting in April on homebetatrial.com (actually they sent out emails that invited people to signup to possibly be selected).  Even if you don't think homebetatrial.com was the signup point, it was common knowledge on here and on several other websites and television programs that homebetatrial.com would open to signups sometime in April (and Sony did nothing to say otherwise).  Since that announcement in March, people have been sitting at their computer refreshing like crazy...hoping to signup.   Now, people have wasted their time and are angry and frustrated.  Sony is paying their PR people a dump truck full of cash to make people like the PS3 and Sony.  I don't think they meant to do harm here, but they did.  And it's stuff like this and the other miscues that is turning people off to Sony. 


Message Edited by Pharaoh_ on 05-02-2007 11:27 AM

Message Edited by Pharaoh_ on 05-02-2007 11:55 AM
Message 38 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/01/2005
Offline
362 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007


Pharaoh_ wrote:
 


Trill-Figga wrote:
 
Even if they hadn't announced the beta ppl would've still found out about it
 
they're only going to let 15k ppl in the beta and there's  well over 400k ppl (don't know the latest #'s ). so there is going to be more ppl who don't get in then those who do
 
they promised a beta and they're delivering a beta how did they break that promise?..........EVERYONE knew how many ppl they were going to allow in the beta, they were just hoping that # would in clude them



First, I haven't seen anyone actually playing in any Beta (so much for April).  Second, they said they would take signups for a closed Beta starting in April on homebetatrial.com (actually they sent out emails that invited people to signup to possibly be selected).  Even if you don't think homebetatrial.com was the signup point, it was common knowledge on here and on several other websites and television programs that homebetatrial.com would open to signups sometime in April (and Sony did nothing to say otherwise).  Since that announcement in March, people have been sitting at their computer refreshing like crazy...hoping to signup.   Now, people have wasted their time and are angry and frustrated.  Sony is paying their PR people a dump truck full of cash to make people like the PS3 and Sony.  I don't think they meant to do harm here, but they did.  And it's stuff like this and the other miscues that is turning people off to Sony. 


Message Edited by Pharaoh_ on 05-02-2007 11:27 AM

Message Edited by Pharaoh_ on 05-02-2007 11:55 AM

EXACTLY....... ppl assumed it was the official spot (I'm guilty of this thinking aswell) but SONY never said they would do signups thru the site, and the site says kep checking to register your interest, nothing official in that statemant
 
True it might have been an oversight on their part, but i'm also pretty sure they have their PR ppl orking on issues that are of more importance, being that PS3 is not the only sony made product
Message 39 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/22/2006
Offline
172 posts
 

Re: www.Homebetatrial.com surely not over yet

May 2, 2007


Trill-Figga wrote:
 
EXACTLY....... ppl assumed it was the official spot (I'm guilty of this thinking aswell) but SONY never said they would do signups thru the site, and the site says kep checking to register your interest, nothing official in that statemant
 
True it might have been an oversight on their part, but i'm also pretty sure they have their PR ppl orking on issues that are of more importance, being that PS3 is not the only sony made product


You have missed the point.  Let's make an example to illustrate the point.  Let's say you're chatting with three other people about random stuff.  One of those people asks you "what did you do with money from the bank robbery."  You say nothing and you go back to doing what you were doing before.  We can assume (like the other two people there) that you really did rob a bank.  I guess the lesson is this:  YOU CAN'T BLAME PEOPLE FOR MAKING AN ASSUMPTION ABOUT SOMETHING THAT A PERSON KNOWINGLY IGNORES.  If it wasn't true, they should have said something (they had more than a month to respond). 
 
Second, I'm not sure if I would call it an oversight as much as I would call it a calculated risk.  They didn't want to explain it and come out looking worse than before. 
 
Third, what do you mean by "official".  Unless Sony has captured a leprecon and he is posting unauthorized information to Sony websites, it has to be official.
 
Fourth, it is issues exactly like this that PR people are supposed to be working on.  In fact, Sony Computer Entertainment probably has its own division of PR working only on Playstation branded merchandise.   SCE's PR department has made more mistakes with the PS3 than the LA county DA's office during the 1990's (lot's of high profile cases & 0 convictions).  
 
Here's my big picture point.    Sony has got to get it together.  It doesn't look like Sony has a marketing or PR plan for the PS3.  They just wing it as they go along.  It's that kind of attitude that annoys and angers people about Sony!  The Home debacle is just another one of those things. 


Message Edited by Pharaoh_ on 05-02-2007 12:28 PM
Message 40 of 42 (24 Views)
0 Likes