Message 11 of 24 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Re: will eu rule the (home)world?

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Well accoring to one of their tweets they still work for Home. again they been too busy with their stuffs...

But we should tweet @heavyh2o and see what they can do for your issue with Avalon Keep

Read the thread you quoted the link to and the one I think you posted in about Heavy Water apparently calling it quits in Home.  If you did you would know they have been tweeted, emailed, apparently even called, and they won't even respond to Joystick_Warrior.  40 weeks and counting...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 12 of 24 (309 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Oct 11, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

al2009man wrote:

Well accoring to one of their tweets they still work for Home. again they been too busy with their stuffs...

But we should tweet @heavyh2o and see what they can do for your issue with Avalon Keep

Read the thread you quoted the link to and the one I think you posted in about Heavy Water apparently calling it quits in Home.  If you did you would know they have been tweeted, emailed, apparently even called, and they won't even respond to Joystick_Warrior.  40 weeks and counting...

Then Heavy guy would have been using the forums if this have never happend. but again, I'm 100% sure they never say the word "quit" on tweetings stuff. but i won't boughter finding a tweet they send me to...maybe later

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 13 of 24 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Oct 12, 2013

Playstation Home unfortunately won't be on PS4 & coming to PS4 anyway so we'll only have just over 2 months left of it if anyone can provide hard evidence of Playstation Home on PS4 ( & not a fake picture of a PS4 home screen showing Playstation Home ) then ill put my hands up & say 'i was wrong "

Message 14 of 24 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Oct 12, 2013

then please be prepared to say you were wrong as even though there may be some doubts over homes future i can assure you it is beyond doubt that it will be around a lot longer than the next couple of months.

and even if it is nt on ps4 at launch does nt mean it wont be implemented at some stage in the future,

But if you want to say blatant mistruths like home will be closed in 2 months if you  sincerely beleive that then be prepared to eat humble pie a its been well documented that homes future is at minimum well into next year

Message 15 of 24 (238 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Oct 12, 2013
If you say so lol. Mia said the Home team hopes we continue to keep supporting it on PS3 and that there is no news of it going to PS4 in a thread titled "PlayStation Home & PS4"

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 16 of 24 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Oct 12, 2013

all  was saying was that home will not be closing in 2 months (as a  particular user claims above) as mia stated she hopes we (the users)will continue to support home on ps3 indicates that home will at least continue on ps3.

The thread was somewhat mis titled as i was realy  wondering on people views of a global home.

its been great to read everyones views.

imo something has changed in home over the recent months weve been getting content lmos etc that people have been asking for years suddenly apearing with barely a mention using the resurface of the shrink thing as an example ,the doom sayers would say theyre just ramping up to milk it before the end or maybe theres just been a change of publishing acceptance criteria and the devs are releasing content thats was previously shelved.i dont know but the content amount and generally quality has without doubt increased.

and the core client whilst still somewhat fragile in some circumstances seems possibly its most stable to date (im pretty sure that theres no way spaces such as acorn meadows would have worked as well as they do today 3 years back)

so all the indications are that home is still being worked on and these give me hope that everything will be good.

I actually thought of this topic whilst reading when will home leave beta thread.

And IF home does make it to ps4 we will surely be the biggest laugh in gaming history if they dont  drop the beta tag.

Many influential sites have generally praised the home of today stating that if it was launched in its current state it would have been recieved a lot more favourably so dropping the beta tag and a continuation on ps4 and other devices would be a perfect opportunity for sony to do just this

Message 17 of 24 (202 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Oct 12, 2013

ptmacey wrote:

in an attempt to try find some info on the status and potential longevity of ps home i googled peter edward.

on his linkedin page i noticed with interest that his postion within pshome has either been renamed rebranded or promoted or whatever.As of sept 2012 his postion changed from "director playstation@home platform" to "senior director Global Playstation@home" of course this could realistically mean absolutely nothing but if home is actually in the process of being made into a single global home then it could potentially explain a lot of things that some of us have been basing pesimism on and the potential demise of home.

Most of the pesimism has been based  upon the evidence of usa home staff leaving or being moved to the digital platforms depts,the publishing stop in japan is also  rightfully viewed by us with pesimism.but if home is being remade into a single global platform run from london then it all seems  to fit in somehow it  could even  explain why eu gets all the home game publishing content (the disparity between game  content  amount seems there must have been some deliberate decision to push it to  eu seems beyond doubt)

other intersting things within his profile ,claims  to oversee a network which we can safely asume to be home has over  30 million users and he oversees a budget of $12 million yearly his own words are "Provide a stable client / server platform and infrastructure to 30m+ users and 150+ development teams with exceptional reliability and 24/7/365 availability."(the stable server client thing is debatable lol)

with my rose tinted specs im even viewing the publishing stop in asia/hk dated spring 2014 as suspiciously close to the  gaikai streaming launch.

With the user data upload it seems there is every possibility that home will be one of the games/services that sony plan to stream to ps4,vita,vita tv  and mabye  even mobile devices .

Just thought i  would throw in a bit of optimism and wondered on other peoples views

Personally, I hope that Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will orchestrate PlayStation Home from now on. Smiley Happy The European department understands English.

Therefore much better communication can be worked out with the community, much better (customer focused) service can be given, and hopefully, a lot of country rules can be either skipped, or made more simple, so Home may give an opportunity to a broader audience of developers. Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 24 (172 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Oct 12, 2013

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 19 of 24 (162 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Oct 12, 2013

PS3 hardware and software including Home have always been developed and managed in EU. Nothing has changed as far as I know.

Message 20 of 24 (155 Views)