Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: why do ps home fams exist?

May 11, 2013
And, I wasn't the one who started the thread, its os obvious the OP doesn't like them either. Thanks for the insults. Not true. You just not hanging out in the right places. Go to GF2, doesn't take long to send in an actual good/decent report or pick a good fight. Just not only there, happens everywhere. I just don't report, for the sake of reporting. My system, is still on freeze because of yesterday and haven't turned it back on. Frozed at GF2. I went on after 5, haven't been on since.
Message 71 of 91 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
And, I wasn't the one who started the thread, its os obvious the OP doesn't like them either. Thanks for the insults. Not true. You just not hanging out in the right places. Go to GF2, doesn't take long to send in an actual good/decent report or pick a good fight. Just not only there, happens everywhere. I just don't report, for the sake of reporting. My system, is still on freeze because of yesterday and haven't turned it back on. Frozed at GF2. I went on after 5, haven't been on since.

I haven't seen the OP make any statements about not liking them. Perhaps I missed it. He was looking for opinions and this thread is certainly full of them, some of which are very rude. 

Oh you went to Godfathers and got frozen? Seriously? Was that a surprise.

Message 72 of 91 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3995 posts

May 11, 2013

Actually there a gang they just use the word "fam" to cover it up. 

Message 73 of 91 (235 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 11, 2013
He doesn't need too, its obvious what he meant.

Its obvious Home/Sony can't stay ahead of their game. But, when you walk into an area/room and all you see insults going on, "mic up" swearing. No security, what so ever. Coming out with cheap dance moves. I'd rather see more security. The freeze continues.

Message 74 of 91 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3995 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
He doesn't need too, its obvious what he meant.

Its obvious Home/Sony can't stay ahead of their game. But, when you walk into an area/room and all you see insults going on, "mic up" swearing. No security, what so ever. Coming out with cheap dance moves. I'd rather see more security. The freeze continues.

Lol "mic up", do you know how many times I heard that term? I mean really lol it not like you can actually touch the person and fight them or something, all "mic up" causes is a lot of unnecessary noise. 

Message 75 of 91 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

May 11, 2013
Yes, but we all know what it mean. They abuse the hell out of it.

Message 76 of 91 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

May 11, 2013

maybe i shouldve been more specific..

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 77 of 91 (188 Views)
I Only Post Everything
820 posts

May 11, 2013

Nbd. Fam request??? I politely decline.  Thank you.

Message 78 of 91 (180 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

:^/ I've received a few invitations to join fams over the years. I even accepted the first such, for a while.

They claimed to be all about helping to defend newcomers from trolls, and helping to make Home a better place thereby. In practice, the emphasis was mostly on conformity and recruiting.  Everyone was required to use the same pop-up color, and wear clothing of the same theme. There were quotas for recruiting. Most of the prospective recruits were curious about what ranks and titles they would have, and so on.

A few of the individuals I met were interesting for their non-group activities, but the leadership seemed mostly interested in being something important, instead of doing something important. I stopped attending the meetings after a while, and everyone eventually dropped me from their friends lists.

It's possible for groups of people with common interests to create clubs and have legitimate fun together, but the gang-like flavor of that first group turned me off to fams.

Message 79 of 91 (165 Views)
First Son
25 posts

May 12, 2013

Robot LOL What A Topic lol. But Here King i'll Explain from my Perspective. I Run A Fam Myself which consists of around 300+ members the basis of it is just having a place for an individual too join up and Find a place too hang out with new people or just not be bored when they get on. We Host Events where its Possible too Gain Awards ( Psn Codes - Gift Machine , etc. ) but aside from that theres The POINTS OF FAMS . like The whole Mic^ thing is brought about just people bugging our group ( cause we don't attack unless angered) that aside i can't speak for others in the Fam who decide too troll. There are RULES like Joanna stated. We use these simply too tell apart the people (pop ^, Tags, Club Name) other than that theres no rules holding you down cause all we want is for the person too feel a place too belong. Recruiting see this is where it gets interesting because YES we do Have Competitions with other Fellow FAMS on Home. Where we Have Youtube videos of how Big we are and How We Can Fill Certain servers fully. but aside from that we use this tme too let others meet people from the Fam and all come as one. As For FAM names lol i can tell you lots but not here. ( That was a little insight )  NOW YOUR ? was " Why Fams Exist " well Simply because it got popular in 2010 when people saw Certain groups like the " Homelings " and just decided " Pffttt We Can Do it BETTER! " thats the whole PURPOSE. Just becoming #1 and getting ur FAM known by others whether it be Good Or Bad thats up too the Creator too manage and Control how his Fam is Looking.

Message 80 of 91 (131 Views)