Lombax Warrior
163 posts

Re: who cares if people buy stuff on Ps3 home.

Jun 22, 2009

You no likey, you no buy!

I don't mind supporting Home with a few dollars here and there-  buying a .50 shirt and wearing it for 1 hour is pretty cheap entertainment- way less than a movie ticket.

end of line
Message 31 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

Jun 22, 2009

i dont mind spending a few dollars on home to have fun, but its really harsh to have some one come up to you and say

"wow, you must spend more money here then rl, you mustn't have a life"

or

"look at these ppl who wasted their money on a hamster suit, get a life you guys"

like op said, ppl spend money on booze & drugs (oh you must have a life then?)

ppl spend money on concerts or parties, others ask "oh, may i join?"

FIRST OFF, some ppl on home react like its not part of the norm to purchase items online that may seem unpractical. itunes? games? dlc?

SECONDLY, "who cares if people buy stuff on home" lots of ppl. ppl who criticize/question you apperal. sony. the ppl who made these items.

THRID: its YOUR money, YOUR time, YOUR fun, are you really gonna let others ruin that for you?

Message 32 of 40 (51 Views)
Survivor
2712 posts

Jun 22, 2009
It's because kiddiots don't have credit cards to buy virtual clothing so they lash out at the grown ups who can spend their money any way they please.
Message 33 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17336 posts

Jun 22, 2009

jiggyteddy wrote:

That is their opinion, and they are entitled to it.

But I also have to say that to criticize how people spend their money is pretty ignorant.  Just because you may deem a purchase "not worthy" doesn't mean that others must have the same philosophy. 

I believe a person should spend money as they see fit.  It is their money, and they make the decision on where they appropriate their funds.  It is their business, so why butt in?

I have expressed many times that I don't believe in buying "virtual" gear because I don't see the value in it.  I could care less how my avy looks really.  I'm happy with the supplemental gear.  It is a matter of preference.

I see thousands of iPods daily on my way to work in NYC.  I don't have one because I simply don't want one.  I don't have the desire to have one.  With that said, I'm not going to tell people they shouldn't buy a product that they might enjoy.

You do you.

I approve of this post.

My observation has purpose, hence I am here.
Message 34 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Jun 22, 2009

Here's the phrase of the day for you guys:

You put your money and time where your heart is.

When you sit back and look at it all objectively, you paid an amazing amount of money for a console, and $60 a pop for Blu-Ray games.  It's a form of entertainment, plain and simple.  If you don't care to have extra furniture and shirts on Home, don't pay for them, it's entirely optional.

I think some of the people that I find the most amazing are the ones who truth be told have spent well over $1,000 on the PS3, its games, and PSN in total...  who don't care to pay for a virtual t-shirt, but are willing to spend hours and hours trying to unlock a hoodie in the Resistance space.  Considering the rate that I charge when I'm working, I'd actually be losing money hand over first to spend that kind of time on a free t-shirt that I would probably wear once since a lot of other people have it, rather than just spend the $1.99 or so for a t-shirt that I might wear more often.  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What I find even more amusing than that, are people who get on Home and make derogatory comments to users about how they spend their money and how they spend their time (i.e. not having a "life"), yet said users have wasted the time and effort to get on Home or these forums and make such comments.  Wow, now THAT'S what I call having a life...  riiiight...

I've never judged anyone for wearing default or free costumes, and I've never judged anyone for having paid costumes.  Spend your money however you please.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 35 of 40 (51 Views)
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Jun 22, 2009
befor last week i had never bought anything in home and thought it was a waste of money. but i ended up getting a psn card and had lost intrest in some of the other games. so i decided to spend some of it on home (ended up being all of it) i got the hamster suit and was at the dance off thingy and some how got into an arguement with this guy. and one of the things he said was "atleast i dont spend my money on video games" which made me laugh because **bleep** is the point of having a ps3 if your not gona spend money on video games lol. But if you think its not much different then buying a map pack or an addon for a game. it all depends on what your intrested in. some people dont care about home and prefer to spend there money on other games. some people are the total opposite. so really its jsut about what your intrested in.
Enphiny
Message 36 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Jun 22, 2009

The way I look at it, when they go to work for me and they make my check for me, then and only then, can people tell me what to spend my money on..

Granted some people think that spending money in home is stupid. Has anyone else noticed the fact that some of these people are the ones that gripe and complain about home anyway?

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the Difference.

Message 37 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Jun 22, 2009
I only buy stuff when I have left over cash from my network card, so its no biggy for me
http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4651628?start=0&tstart=0

Photobucket
Message 38 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Jun 22, 2009
only stuff i've bought on home is some sweater which i regret buying because it looks horrid.. and a picture frame so i could hang pictures of me in my crib for my friends to worship! =)
Message 39 of 40 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
1300 posts

Jun 23, 2009

My point of view is: If it's your money, spend it however you want.

If you wish to go spend $5 on Home for a new outfit, go for it. If you want to go buy 3 dozen of Krispy Kreme doughnuts, go for it. It's your money, and others shouldn't worry about how or what you spend it on. End of story.

Message 40 of 40 (51 Views)