Highlighted
Jun 20 2009
By: tenstocks Monster Hunter 31 posts

who cares if people buy stuff on Ps3 home.

39 replies 44 views Edited Jun 20, 2009

After reading some posts I have been thinking about them. I have heard many times about how stupid it is to buy stuff on ps3 home. One of the big arguments is that buying things here is a waste of time "hmm," I ponder the thought. I think every body spends their money on stupid stuff. Example; junk food, drugs, cigarettes, coffee, I could go on and on. If you have bought something in your life that is worthless today then I don't think you can judge someone else. I don't normally buy many things on ps3 home, but since people like to bring the subject up ask yourself what are you doing that's so productive 24-7.

Message 1 of 40 (44 Views)
Survivor
2681 posts

Re: who cares if people buy stuff on Ps3 home.

Jun 20, 2009
I buy stuff in Home... quite a lot of stuff. I buy it because it interests me.
Message 2 of 40 (44 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jun 20, 2009
I buy stuff because I can...not from the stuff store though...it's funny that every store has stuff but the stuff store
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 40 (44 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jun 20, 2009

I cant,

Because Sony does not let us to or maybe does not care

US , most of the ppl who live outside USA

Message 4 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4624 posts

Jun 20, 2009

I have more than the ordinary Home visitor.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
784 posts

Jun 20, 2009
thread of the year! people just have a huge stick up the rare. They will eventually give in though. I said i wasnt going to purchase anything until it got bigger. Guess what? I find my self buying atleast 3-5 items a week.
99.5% of all teens would cry if the Jonas brothers and Miley Cirus were on a 20 story building about to jump.The other 0.5% would bring a chair and popcorn.Copy and Paste if your one of those 0.5
Message 6 of 40 (44 Views)
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Jun 20, 2009

With all due respect, i want to add

Stoopid Sony restriction, i cannot even watch or download movies, USA exclusive, BS

Message 7 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Jun 20, 2009

That is their opinion, and they are entitled to it.

But I also have to say that to criticize how people spend their money is pretty ignorant.  Just because you may deem a purchase "not worthy" doesn't mean that others must have the same philosophy. 

I believe a person should spend money as they see fit.  It is their money, and they make the decision on where they appropriate their funds.  It is their business, so why butt in?

I have expressed many times that I don't believe in buying "virtual" gear because I don't see the value in it.  I could care less how my avy looks really.  I'm happy with the supplemental gear.  It is a matter of preference.

I see thousands of iPods daily on my way to work in NYC.  I don't have one because I simply don't want one.  I don't have the desire to have one.  With that said, I'm not going to tell people they shouldn't buy a product that they might enjoy.

You do you.

Message 8 of 40 (44 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Jun 20, 2009

The pricing does not reflect the demand or lack of demand because virtual items to not follow conventional real life pricing dynamics... there is no cost to keep a non-selling item in stock and therefore no downward pressure on prices to get rid of them...

I am quite content with the free and default items (except for furniture, you would think Sony would encourage at the very least the use of Sony like electronic products)... I believe that Home will become a great way for companies to reward gamers with gimmicks and trickets in an inexpensive yet "valuable to consumers way" for their support (trying their demos, buying and playing games, picking a copy of a magazine, watching a movie, downloading a movie, etc.)

I do think they have to move away from easily shared redeem codes, to single use codes, or event triggered (demo completed) rewards...

Message 9 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
484 posts

Jun 20, 2009

kudos! Everyone buys stupid stuff lol. i dont overload on everything on home,but if theres something i like and i have a lil extra cash ill put some funds in. Or I buy an expanison map pack or something from the psn store. usually things might cost 6.00 so ill put in 10.00$ and after my D/l ill have some cash left, Time to hit the ps home mall!. For all the complainers, get a job and stop bickering like idiots, premium content speaks for itself, home gives us enough free stuff for you, and realize if you love home so much. Understand that the money WE spend on home goes to the funding for the Developers so we can all get more and more free clothing/rooms/apartments etc......

So your Welcome.Smiley Very Happy

alchemy528

&
Message 10 of 40 (44 Views)
0 Likes