Apr 14 2014
By: gottagetta78 First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

where do I report teenagers dating adults?

22 replies 656 views Edited Apr 14, 2014
My friends asked me where to report on a possible adult teenager online relationship that may our may not be breaking any laws. I said I would ask on here because this site has been the most helpful by far especially with difficult to talk about issues. As far as I know, it's a female to female thing and I REALLY don't know the right procedure with that lol not funny.
Any suggestions here would be helpful and I promise there are people waiting to read the replies to this post. Ages roughly 22 to 13 ty
Message 1 of 23 (656 Views)
VP of Gaming
28892 posts

Re: Where Do I Report Adults Dating Teenagers?

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2014

Only make a report if you have the evidence (chat log/image). Do not report just because you have been told something is inappropriate which you have not witnessed. Tell your friends this.

In Home, use the report feature by tapping the SELECT button and scrolling to down. Follow the instructions. Do this while the inappropriate dialog is on the screen. Please note that Moderation can see PMs (Private Messages).

If you can no longer see the chat, or matters get worse, come to this frorum and send a PM (Private Message) to HomeForumMods. Include the alleged offender's PSN ID, the date, time, time zone and details of the offense. This will give Moderators a point where to start their investigation.

If an inappropriate message is recieved, the person recieving it should back out of the message, press the TRIANGLE button and scroll down to Grief Reporting. Tap the X button and follow the instructions.

Please understand the following:

1) Due to the number of reports submitted, it may be a while before anything is done.

2) Just because we think something may be inappropriate does not necessarily mean it is.

3) Moderation will not contact you unless they require more information.

If you have any questions, please do contact any of the forum Moderators privately. Usually, just click on their names.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 23 (604 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1317 posts

Re: where do I report teenagers dating adults?

Apr 14, 2014

In PS Home you really don't know who anyone is. People lie about their age and lie about their gender. Whether a crime is being comitted would be hard to prove. Unless these people are doing something in real life, the only law that "might" apply is sending lude text messages to a minor. But that is still nothing like child molestation.

Message 3 of 23 (554 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 14, 2014

One hopes that  there is nothing bad really and the " adult" will be an adult. There are many relationships going on on home,  most are fantasy, and that is all it will be. I blocked an underaged male when he sent me a naughty picture. It might be " ok" in his country to do that( I doubt it, but I am not sure) but I don't like it. How ever, I do have a sub account that just turned 13( lol, you should see the men run when they think you are under age). I made that account a while back because I wanted to do some gaming" alone" and I got tired of random men friending me and saying " s'up? You single? You not a tranny are you?"

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 4 of 23 (539 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Zirod wrote:

In PS Home you really don't know who anyone is. People lie about their age and lie about their gender. Whether a crime is being comitted would be hard to prove. Unless these people are doing something in real life, the only law that "might" apply is sending lude text messages to a minor. But that is still nothing like child molestation.

What he said. Also dating is not illegal unless sex is involved and it's actual dating. Home dating is fantasy land stuff. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 5 of 23 (537 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Apr 14, 2014

ralahinn1 wrote:

I blocked an underaged male when he sent me a naughty picture. It might be " ok" in his country to do that( I doubt it, but I am not sure)

It is a felony offense in the United states to send pics like that, I assume naked pics, to anyone under the age of 18. And that includes a minor sending another minor the same type of picture. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 6 of 23 (531 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Apr 14, 2014

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

ralahinn1 wrote:

I blocked an underaged male when he sent me a naughty picture. It might be " ok" in his country to do that( I doubt it, but I am not sure)

It is a felony offense in the United states to send pics like that, I assume naked pics, to anyone under the age of 18. And that includes a minor sending another minor the same type of picture. 

I know it is in the US,  but this kid was French, before I blocked him I told him why I was doing it. I didn't report him, because he just might have made a mistake.  I am not surprised at the number of predators  on home, most  hang out in the mall , the hub or beaches. Some have names that tell what they think they are. It goes on everywhere today. I hope the " adults" on home look at the younger ones more like they are" family" and not prey.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 7 of 23 (515 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Apr 14, 2014
Thank you, yes, family not prey, we all have a responsibility to do our best to have some basic values on here regardless of how lewd we are perhaps used to at this point. And to all you predators....(mostly 20 something yr olds) you better run like Heck from me. The age of trolls has passed, time for real men and their wits to step up. You young guys need to stop the massive harrassment\embarrassment that runs rampant. Say hi. Maybe even hello. Hru? Be their friend. You'll get all the attention you want. But liars are abound. And attitude runs deep. The true fight gets lost all the time. Everybody have somewhat clean fun
Message 8 of 23 (488 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Apr 14, 2014
THIS IS WHY I wish sony made home in 2 catagories. One for 21 and up and the other for 13-17. Then these dumb immature things wouldn't happen all the fudgin time!!!
Message 9 of 23 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Apr 14, 2014

purpledreams82 wrote:
THIS IS WHY I wish sony made home in 2 catagories. One for 21 and up and the other for 13-17. Then these dumb immature things wouldn't happen all the fudgin time!!!

As I much as I hate to say this, but that would barely change anything.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 10 of 23 (429 Views)
0 Likes