Jun 07 2011
By: theseamonster098 Uncharted Territory 1346 posts

whats the use of having the e3 theatre

13 replies 11 views Edited Jun 7, 2011

whats the use of having the E3 theatre you can't even see the screen because all the people standing in front of you cussing all the time.i was in there this morning and 25 or 30 people from the u.k. and u.s. cussing in front of the screen the whole time everybody got up and left because they came to see the videos not people cussing everybody in the theatre.i belive that we need more mods on home and i wish i was 1

Message 1 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: whats the use of having the e3 theatre

Jun 7, 2011

When others are bothering you like that it's best to click "X" on their avatar and "ignore" to mute them. That will hide their text from your screen. Also, if you click the "view screen" option on the screen there, you will zoom-in which will hide their text -- but the text will still show up in your chat log.

Besides that; you can report others to the moderation team by pressing Select then using the "Submit a report" option. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5432 posts

Jun 7, 2011

In case you weren't aware, if someone's text is causing issues, you can press up on the d-pad, scroll to where the person typed something, press X, and then ignore/mute the person. If a larger number of text bubble are bothering you, you can zoom in on most screens, or temporarily disable text chat so you don't see any of them.

As always, you can press to bring up the safe screen if you need to file a report for the moderators to see.

--

I neither work nor speak for SCEA;
the views expressed in this message are solely my own.
Message 3 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jun 7, 2011

well thanks.but when theres as many people that was there this morning and they were running around it's hard to report all of them and i don't won't to report the wrong person.and i will try the full screen next time.

Message 4 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29479 posts

Jun 7, 2011

theseamonster098 wrote:

well thanks.but when theres as many people that was there this morning and they were running around it's hard to report all of them and i don't won't to report the wrong person.and i will try the full screen next time.

We don't have to report everyone who is being bad. One report will include all of the offensive chat being used by others at that time. And very likely you aren't the only person submitting a report.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1825 posts

Jun 8, 2011

I believe the best case senerio is always to just disable your chat function durring Theature Screening... & Re-Enabling it once your done watching,

Lastly, watching in Full Screen by hitting X on teh screen, gives you the full video experience, you'd want to be seeing...

Fare Well, & have fun!!! Happy Video Watching,

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Message 6 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jun 8, 2011

so what are you sayin  harryman if im talkin to my friends i can cuss all i want and nobody should care.i really don't think it works that way because if it did home would not have the option to report verbal abuse and by the way nobody is cryin about this its just that was my 9 year old daughter that was just tryin to watch e3 because she was tryin to see the new playstation vita but all she really seen was people cussing.and that being her second time on home she don't know how to block or mute people.

Message 7 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1308 posts

Jun 8, 2011

theseamonster098 wrote:

so what are you sayin  harryman if im talkin to my friends i can cuss all i want and nobody should care.i really don't think it works that way because if it did home would not have the option to report verbal abuse and by the way nobody is cryin about this its just that was my 9 year old daughter that was just tryin to watch e3 because she was tryin to see the new playstation vita but all she really seen was people cussing.and that being her second time on home she don't know how to block or mute people.

while i believe cussing is not necessary on Home, your 9 year old daughter shouldn't be on Home either because you have to be 13 or older to use it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Jun 8, 2011

WELL IT'S NOT HER ACCOUNT IT'S MINE AND SHE NEVER GETS ON TO GO LOOKING AROUND HOME AND I DON'T THINK THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH HER TRYIN TO FIND OUT ABOUT A 300 DOLLAR GAME SYSTEM BEFORE WE BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT

Message 9 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jun 9, 2011

when I first started on home when people were behaving like a jerry springer episode they'd quickly get a warning from a mod. If they continued a mod would appear and quickly deal with them. I haven't seen this happen in over a year. Why is that?

Edit:

Btw you can also go close to the front and target the screen for a fullscreen effect, this wont show text bubbles just the chatbox which you can close.  but we should be able to select fullscreen from any chair in the theater like in other regions.

Message 10 of 14 (11 Views)
0 Likes