Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: what if just IF

Jun 14, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Sadly there are a number of users here who would love to see it end and the sooner the better just so they can say they told you so.

I personally will enjoy the service until they turn out the lights and pull the plug on the servers. And yeah when that day arrives I'll have tears in my eyes because they will have put to rest a service that was special and that allowed gamers and friends to interact with one another in such a special way 

I will certainly cherish the days I've spent on PlayStation Home. 

Well, no one is realy saying why Home needs to stay.  Other then the big investment they put into Home and what thoes people don't seem to understand is that just makes Sony want to start something newer and better.  Why?  Well Sony would have a lot more to benefit from people who love the idea of Home but forceing thoes people to start all over (buying everything all over) would be Sony's way of makeing money.

As I've been saying from the start Sony is going to make money on the PS4 by selling it on all the new stuff that comes with it.  Not the old!  This is the best time for Sony to start all over and make a new world and make it better and bring in a new staff.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 21 of 37 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:
**snip**

Frankly I'm waiting for an official announcement. I don't need to read 200+ posts of yours relative to what you think. I'm content to wait for the official response and believe me I won't have to wait very long.

I suggest you do the same thing. 

Message 22 of 37 (170 Views)
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 14, 2013
I honestly don't see Sony WANTING to end Home any time soon. They wouldn't still be expanding it if that were the case. In the last 3 months, they've added Acorn Meadows Park, Pottermore, a bunch of new Personal Spaces, new LMOs, and the list goes on.

I went from saying I wouldn't spend money in Home and just ride on free stuff to buying stuff on Home in less than a month of saying that. To me it would be a major misstep if Sony didn't find a way to port over the purchases people have already made because there are plenty of people who have spent a fortune in Home and might not be so willing to buy anything on the future version if they were told they'd have to re-purchase every item they'd already bought.

With how much Sony has blown my mind about the PS4 it's pretty obvious they're smart enough to know that would be a mistake to do that to anyone. I'm betting on Home being on PS4, and also betting on PS3 being around for a freakishly long time as well.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 37 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2040 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

SashaStark wrote:
I honestly don't see Sony WANTING to end Home any time soon. They wouldn't still be expanding it if that were the case. In the last 3 months, they've added Acorn Meadows Park, Pottermore, a bunch of new Personal Spaces, new LMOs, and the list goes on.

I wish I was as optimistic as you are but the new items and spaces you listed were all created by 3rd party developers. Does anyone have examples of Sony itself investing in the platform or releasing new content recently?

Message 24 of 37 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Errrr far as I know Pottermore on Home is run by Sony directly. Was talking with a friend who was contacting support about a linkup issue and they said Sony is the direct overhead group behind the workings of Pottermore on Home
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 37 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
459 posts

Jun 14, 2013

i was nt trying to make the thread as a kind of will home be or not be on ps4

but as a thread that if the unthinkable happens (i love home as much as anyone)

with sonys proclaimed support of indies and third partys maybe there could be a way to continue home on ps4 or another platform with another publisher at the helm

Message 26 of 37 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ptmacey wrote:

i was nt trying to make the thread as a kind of will home be or not be on ps4

but as a thread that if the unthinkable happens (i love home as much as anyone)

with sonys proclaimed support of indies and third partys maybe there could be a way to continue home on ps4 or another platform with another publisher at the helm

XBOX Live Indie market has dozens of social games that never took off. They still work just no one has them or bothers with them.

If Sony give indie devs the support they need on PS4, there's no reason a whole wealth of half decent or quality worlds couldn't open up on the PS4.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 27 of 37 (132 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Jun 14, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:
Frankly I'm waiting for an official announcement. I don't need to read 200+ posts of yours relative to what you think. I'm content to wait for the official response and believe me I won't have to wait very long.

lol, your still assuming there will be an "official announcement".  If Sony does not want to put Home on the PS4 most likely there won't be one.  Smiley Very Happy

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 28 of 37 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

lol, your still assuming there will be an "official announcement".  If Sony does not want to put Home on the PS4 most likely there won't be one.  Smiley Very Happy

Exactly! LOL

I'm not assuming. I know there will be one and very soon. And give it a rest already. Are you going to make a career out of this? I know a lot more than you think I do. 

Message 29 of 37 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jun 14, 2013

julie_love wrote:

SashaStark wrote:

I wish I was as optimistic as you are but the new items and spaces you listed were all created by 3rd party developers. Does anyone have examples of Sony itself investing in the platform or releasing new content recently?

Sony home developers decided switch from a content provider to a service provider back in 2010. Sony hasn't provided very much content since then. But the activity of the 3rd party developers is an indicator of sorts. They must know the truth, as they would need to be developing content for the PS4 already. If they knew it wasn't going to happen and the clock was ticking on the PS3, we would start to see them jumping ship.

Message 30 of 37 (112 Views)