Mar 12 2007
By: JTemp44 Uncharted Territory 2062 posts

what do you think

7 replies 174 views Edited Mar 12, 2007
Do you think that when you enter a new room it will be very laggy with all the streaming videos and realtime everything going on? i cant see that being even remotely lag free.

Message 1 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Re: what do you think

Mar 12, 2007

baseballer44 wrote:
Do you think that when you enter a new room it will be very laggy with all the streaming videos and realtime everything going on? i cant see that being even remotely lag free.

Sony is going to limit the number of users on a server to avoid this overload of lag, but don't worry, if your friends want to join the same server as you but can't, Sony is owrking out a way to deal with this. Besides, Sony isn't going to follow the footsteps of EA and make crappy servers... It has stated that its going to take its time on this project to make it perfect
Rig:
60GB PS3
1 Sixaxis
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Call of Duty 4
Resistance: Fall of Man
Rock Band
Oblivion: GOTY edition
(MGS4 under preorder)
PSN: Arca301 ONE 1!!!
Message 2 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6540 posts

Mar 12, 2007

baseballer44 wrote:

it should be pretty "lag free", don't forget how powerful the ps3 and thte cell really are....
LittleBigPlanet��� Information Thread

Message 3 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Mar 12, 2007

Arca3011 wrote:

baseballer44 wrote:

Sony is going to limit the number of users on a server to avoid this overload of lag, but don't worry, if your friends want to join the same server as you but can't, Sony is owrking out a way to deal with this. Besides, Sony isn't going to follow the footsteps of EA and make crappy servers... It has stated that its going to take its time on this project to make it perfect

Yea Phil Harrison mentioned in one of his interviews, I think it was the 1up one not sure, that they were comin up a way that if a server starts to lag people signing on will automatically be placed on another one, and it will try to place you where most of your friends are.
Message 4 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2722 posts

Mar 12, 2007
I honeslty dont know....

Part of me says yea, cause they'v ebeen working on it for so long

But the other part says over 2 million people will be using it by october...
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 5 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2062 posts

Mar 12, 2007

ZW wrote:

baseballer44 wrote:

it should be pretty "lag free", don't forget how powerful the ps3 and thte cell really are....

im not worried about the power of the ps3, im worried about all the streaming video and advertisements that will be all over the place, not to mention hopping into and out of games in the world. that will tax your internet pretty heavily. just imagine if there are a lot of people around you when thats going on, that may get rough.

Message 6 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1347 posts

Mar 12, 2007
I think sony is going to make it lag free since its one of their biggest things on PS3... there isnt lag in the demo video we saw from GDC... and thats still early stage... so I dont think lag will be an issue..
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 7 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2560 posts

Mar 12, 2007
There is absolutly no way to prevent lag.

Proud Playstation Veteran.
Message 8 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes