Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Offline
4411 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014
Lololololilalelololllolllll @ the OP Smiley Very Happy ok, I'm done here. Maybe we should all meet in Japan Home some time? Smiley Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 41 of 84 (894 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 04/24/2009
Offline
394 posts
 

Sony's customer relations

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

This talk about Sony's customer relations (or lack of) reminded me of my own experience dealing with them.

 

A few years ago, I bought the "Waterfall Terrace" space for $4.99, not knowing that it was totally broken. The fishing game wouldn't work, and furniture placed in the space didn't stick. I went on the Home discussion board to find out about it, and everyone said that for weeks, it was a well known problem, and also to forget about getting my money back. 

 

I called Sony anyway, and I'll never forget the hassle they gave me over a $5 credit. It ranks up there with canceling my Comcast account as the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. I went through two representatives who were both rude, acted like they didn't care, and refused to even acknowledge that there was a problem, even though that space's defects were well known, and they were in the Sony division that was over Home.

 

My point was that Sony was knowingly selling a faulty product without warning the customer there were defects (rendering it useless), and even though it was virtual, there was an assumption that it performed a certain way. When I asked the second guy to connect me to his manager, he put me on hold, then came back to say the manager was in a meeting, but they'd look into it. He made a point to tell me that nothing was promised about getting a credit (and of course, there was certainly no apology or sign of regret for the problem).

 

I did get a credit a couple of weeks later, and the space was removed, but this sense of entitlement that they showed, as if they were some kind of monopoly, left me disgusted with Sony. That's not the way a company should treat its customers. 

Message 42 of 84 (867 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/17/2011
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

Spartaxoxo wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

That other company has a very dishonest ranking system (for example putting NameSilo as the best company out there because it has 40 positive ratings and 1 negative rating. Compared to other companies that just law of averages wise are going to have more complaints. It's easy to be number one by those standards. In addition, I didn't even have to verify a purchase to submit a negative review. In fact they brag about their overly negatively biased ratings system saying only 6% of companies actually are acceptable. Meanwhile the BBB has been around since 1912. They require verification to see if someone has purchased an item. And act as a third party mediator. They even rate the interaction and responses with the customer to see if the company actually acted in good faith or was being unreasonable. Yes, there are unreasonable customers. The ones saying Sony sucks if it doesn't give them back their money because Home didn't last forever, otherwise it's a scam, for example.

 

That other site didn't seem to require verification of purchase and seemed to assume every customer is telling the truth. There is no posts where the scoreboard looked into it to see if it was a) true, and b) if the company attempted to resolve thigns resonably but the customer wanted more than what anyone would consider fair or reasonable. Hell one of the first reviews shows why this is problematic. He blames the fact that it took 3 weeks for his delivery to get to Sony (pretty standard shipping time if you choose free shipping in many places) on Sony. Another is complaining because he has to send in his item to repair if he doesn't want to violate the warranty of his item. He wants to just take it some random local place that might do damage to it, which he'd probably hold Sony accountable for. Many customers did try that one, and that's why many companies now don't let you do local repairs except through very specific retailors. Many not at all. That's why BBB is such a good site for this type of thing.

 

BBB even listed Johnson & Johnson as part of it's dirty dozen corportate shame list. Which is in the top 50 of the most powerful brands in the world. It also has previous called out Comcast for being bad. BBB has stood the test of time because legitiamte customers contact them, they verify information and try to get results. And they hold both parties responsible for those results. 

 

At any rate, even if you want to say customer service scoreboard is just as legitiamte as BBB. That's still 1529 complaints resolved satisfactorily. 192 complaints where Sony did what it could to make the customer happy, but customer refused to accept it. Then we have 950 negative and 43 positive on the other site. That's 2714 issues with sony. Sony did what it was supposed to 1529+192+43 of those times, or 1764 times. That's a 65% positive rating. Which isn't a great rating, but is againt not as bad as you make it out to be. That's a bit less than 2 out of 3 times Sony did the correct thing for the consumer. Not great, but not a company known for fraud either.

 

If you only look for sites that validate your worldview and dismiss anything anyone else has to say with derogotory remarks, it is very easy to feel validated in your opinon. As you say there are plenty of people that don't like Sony as a company. I think it's good to be critical of your sources. But that includes the ones that agree with you. ESPECIALLY the ones that agree with you. It is very easy to become trapped in a confirmation vacuum otherwise.

 


AbysmalDawna wrote: 

I have been in Home for six years.  Since when is six years a fleeting moment in time?


 It may seem like a lot but really it's only long enough for a babe to start kindergarten. It's not a long time in the grand scheme of things. And while much can happen in 6 years, they also go by very quickly. Even our whole lives, in the grand scheme of human history is fleeting. Nothing is permanent. Everything has to go sometime. But that's kinda the reason it's important to live the best we can the best we know how. And why we have to accept that things change, but rather than dwell on that fact, live in the here and now. And enjoy what we have while we can. All too soon, that thing can change and end.


I hate to say it because maybe you mean well but that sounds like something my parents would say when they were trying to cheat me out of something or take something away from me when all they were doing was covering their own butts.

Message 43 of 84 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

Spartaxoxo wrote:
If you only look for sites that validate your worldview and dismiss anything anyone else has to say with derogotory remarks, it is very easy to feel validated in your opinon.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly--now read what you just typed. I didnt say anything derogatory about any one person btw. If you think Sony's customer service is acceptable, then thats your choice and opinion. Write them and tell them about it. I'm just stating that I have a far different opinion....and if you don't think handling customers properly and PR is important, then just look at Sony's losses for the past 8 straight years.

 

Nothing I can say will change the minds of people who live and die by Sony--I don't try to and don't want to. I just wish people could break the trance every once in awhile and really leave their minds open to the fact that Sony, as a corporation, does NOT manage its business well and does NOT care about its customers. Period. Done. C ya. Peace.

 



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 44 of 84 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2013
Offline
485 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I hate to say it because maybe you mean well but that sounds like something my parents would say when they were trying to cheat me out of something or take something away from me when all they were doing was covering their own butts.


 

What I said is a fact of life. 6 years isn't a long time. If someone was to live to 81 which is the average life expectancy of an American female, she'd of spent less than 10% of her life on home. 6 years seems like a long time, and in some ways it is a long time. But in other ways it is not. Either way you look at it, the fact remains that Home cannot last forever. You should hope for the best, but really and truly be prepared for the worst. The corporate powers that be haven't announced Home for PS4 and have shut down the servers in their hoe country. Those aren't good signs. I won't say it's over for home. I can't say that. We don't know the future. i just think it's best if we're realistic, it's okay to be optimistic. But let's be cautiously optimistic. It's less disappointing if you can accept that and just enjoy what you have while you have it. If we're lucky enough to get the same time grame as Japan did as far as notice, that would mean at least another year and a half of home. So there is that.

Message 45 of 84 (830 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/20/2014
Offline
117 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

EdwCarnby wrote:
Lololololilalelololllolllll @ the OP Smiley Very Happy ok, I'm done here. Maybe we should all meet in Japan Home some time? Smiley Happy

Cool. How about this thursday at 5?

Message 46 of 84 (829 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2013
Offline
485 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:
Exactly--now read what you just typed. I didnt say anything derogatory about any one person btw. If you think Sony's customer service is acceptable, then thats your choice and opinion. Write them and tell them about it. I'm just stating that I have a far different opinion....and if you don't think handling customers properly and PR is important, then just look at Sony's losses for the past 8 straight years.

 

Nothing I can say will change the minds of people who live and die by Sony--I don't try to and don't want to. I just wish people could break the trance every once in awhile and really leave their minds open to the fact that Sony, as a corporation, does NOT manage its business well and does NOT care about its customers. Period. Done. C ya. Peace.

 


 

Really because "period. done. c ya." is as dismissive as it gets of other's opinions. That tells me you are not open to others experiences.

 


HOPPER_34 wrote:

Ask ANYONE who has dealt with Sony customer service on ANY level if they agree with an A+ BBB rating. lol That is an absolute joke to even post such inaccurate, misleading info. 

 

I guess it depends on what sites you are looking at or how skewed you want your information to be. I could post so much more of what I have found, but I won't argue the "quality" of Sony as a corporation on Sony's forums, as I will always be up against people who are more close-minded than me on the subject and that leads to....nothing constructive



 

That's also what you said. You were dismissive of other, legitimate, non-partisian sources because it contradicted what you believed. You claimed it had to be a joke, or claimed it was a "joke" that i even posted it. 

 

You claim to be open-minded, but I'm not seeing it. I looked at your source and although I had concerns about it (that are perfectly valid concerns lobbied at pretty much every review site, btw. And anyone who has worked in the service industry can tell you sometimes there is nothign you can do to please the customer.) I still also looked at the data as a stastic to see if said something different about Sony's service and acknowledged that it did. But you can't even accept that there are plenty of people out there that have dealt with Sony's customer service and had positive experiences. And we know as such because a unbiased third party, trusted and respected source for consumer reviews who have proven their willingness to call out large and powerful firms in the past, has compiled that data for our use. 

 

You claim to be open-minded, but I feel like unless I agree with you, you're unwilling to even talk to me. So I guess you are right, this is discussion is pointless and I agree to disagree. :\

Message 47 of 84 (825 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

Spartaxoxo wrote:
...........
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nope. Done. You win. This is one place where I won't go into a deeper conversation about.....open-mindedness. lol 

 

Have a good one!



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 48 of 84 (815 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/06/2012
Offline
10644 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:
Hello I have been on home for awhile now and supported it just like everyone else has over the years with the closeing of psh in japan on march of next year one has to think how much longer will it be before na and eu home close also so if it does eventually is there going to be any kind of give money back to the customers program type thing of atleast some sort of give back thing for the ppl that has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on home over the years

 

I actually agree with most of this. Sure.. They are not obligated to due to digital paperwork, but morally they should feel as if they are obligated to provide some sort of reimbursement to people who supported their idea. Unfortunately, i wouldnt hold your breath because i have a sneeky suspicion that that is the only reason they added trophies to home.

Message 49 of 84 (809 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Offline
16565 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Spartaxoxo wrote:
...........
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nope. Done. You win. This is one place where I won't go into a deeper conversation about.....open-mindedness. lol 

 

Have a good one!


TBH, You both made some good points. As mentioned everyone has a different view and can decide for themselves. Always good to do the research.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 50 of 84 (806 Views)