Reply
First Son
Registered: 06/07/2012
Offline
10 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

If PS Home does shut down it is what it is. I stopped buy things because no one will say anything about the status as most of you guys have. I just wish it wasn't a huge secret about what the plans for these services are. Like FIOS. If anything PS Home should split off of playstation and become it's own service. Since the technology is a good technology it would be nice to see something happen to it if Sony decides not to do anything with it.

 

My two cents.

Message 31 of 84 (672 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/12/2014
Offline
3303 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

Atlantarama wrote:

I've wondered how many others, like myself, stopped spending money on Home months ago, when it appeared clear that Home had little future since it wasn't available on the PS4.

 

I'm satisfied with the amount I've spent on Home, but I remember some declaring that they've spent thousands, if that is even possible. Sony might be making enough on Home to keep it going for a while longer, but how long?


In the little time I've been on Home (less than 3 months), I've spent between $300 and $400. I still spend $5 every so often to buy new clothes for my avatar, but I don't regret any of it. It's for my entertainment, and it's the same amount of money I used to spend on cable during that same time period. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather spend that money on something that's only temporary like Home than on subsidizing cable network news (all of them!) and the five Kardashian shows.

Message 32 of 84 (664 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2013
Offline
485 posts
 

gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Atlantarama wrote:

I've wondered how many others, like myself, stopped spending money on Home months ago, when it appeared clear that Home had little future since it wasn't available on the PS4. 

 


A LOT of people. Trust me. Sony makes their bed--let them sleep in it. All of their years of neglect, poor management decisions, poor communication, consumer deception, consumer fraud and blatant refusal to improve customer service HAS hurt this company badly. They better be thankful they have the PS4 and AAA devs right now, because without them, the company has a serious issue with even being able to exist anymore. 

 

I love the technology of Home, but will always be left wishing that some other company--ANY other company--would have developed and operated it. Do yourselves a favor and read up a little on Sony. Read about their customer service record in the industry and then read about the unfortunate individuals who went to work for them and had a lot to say after leaving. It is the only way to get a clear picture of what really goes on behind Sony's crumbling walls. They are notorious for their lack of customer relations amongst so many other negative things. 8 years running operating in the red and no end in sight--all, no doubt, a result of all of the things I mentioned. This is the kind of company that unfortunately, ended up with an amazing technology that will never see its full potential. 

 

Greed may win in the short run, but it never wins in the end. 

 

by the way....the OP has a right to express him/herself any way he/she wishes no matter how much Sony fanboys and girls will try to disagree. There will always be those who remain blind from reality--and Sony loves you. Be proud. lol I don't want anything from Sony when Home is discontinued, but I understand the reason for the post. 

 


 

Sony BBB rating: A+

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-wholesale-and-ma...

 

According to Customers who dealt with Sony through the BBB, they offer excellent customer service.

 

Sony GlassDoor rating: 3.5/5 stars

 

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Sony-Reviews-E3541.htm

 

According to employees this is a very average place to work

 

Customer Satisfaction Survey Implemented byForrester, one of the largest names i customer experience surveys

 

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/21/forrester-consumer-experience-survey-2014/

 

Rates Sony as good, Better than Samsung, Microsoft, and Apple.

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/25/nearly-one-third-of-ps4-owners-switched-from-xbox-...

 

Nearly 1/3rd of PS4 owners switched from XBOX and Wii 

 

According to Forbes magazine as well, in 2012, Sony ranked as one of the most reputable companies on the planet.

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2012/06/07/the-worlds-most-reputable-companies/

 

 

What is this all to say? That Sonny is many things but scammers they are not. Nor as they as bad as you are making them out to be.

 

Timeline of Events

 

August 2013 - No more New content for Japan Home

 

September 2014 - a YEAR later  - They won't be selling new items

 

March 2014 - 6 months after the discontinuation of selling items, they'll shut it down.

 

This is a very generous timeline, if you're being realistic and not emotional. I don't know too many companies that announce there are closing up shop a year before it happens. Now ofc, it's not all out of Sony's generosity. There is nothing benevolent about it in fact. They are paying to keep the servers open a full 6 months after selling items, and honestly they've already shot themselves in the foot in terms of making any more money off of JP Home by annoucing this. But it's because they know that PSHome people are actually PS3 gamers. The number of people who bought a ps3 for the purpose of playing home, and only ever uses it to PShome is probably very small.  They want to retain us as customers. They want you to switch to PS4. The retention rate desired and the fact Sony customers will be their customers for years on end if they handle things right, is the motivation. That's any businesses motivation, to make money. Still that doesn't always conflict with good service for the customer. Deny it if you want, but that's a pretty fair shake as far as fair warning goes in terms of shutting down. Almost every other company I've seen has done far less in terms of that.

 

D-Nitrate wrote:

haley_stars wrote:
we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

 

How about dignity, patience, understanding, civility, good will, etc... 

 

Home and the way it has been managed by Sony certainly appears to have taken a lot of that away from many users.  Maybe they'll get it back after Home goes away. 


 

If said person is a child, then I guess Home would be a good small scale rude awakening for the real world. This is how all entertainment purchases works, and it's foolish to think any of this will last forever. Lots of young people feel invicinble, but really nobody is and life isn't always fair. If they on't fall into the category of not knowing any better....Well to quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." If somebody has a let VR world/video game take away their very dignity, they need to reevaluate how they spend their time. Maybe get off the internet for a while. Anyone who joins something on the internet should know what you're getting into. Entertainment purchases aren't forever, what you're really buying is a chance and a platform to make some memories and have some good times. The rest is up to you.

Message 33 of 84 (661 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/20/2014
Offline
117 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

AbysmalDawna wrote:

THE_MESSlAH_ wrote:

haley_stars wrote:
Hello I have been on home for awhile now and supported it just like everyone else has over the years with the closeing of psh in japan on march of next year one has to think how much longer will it be before na and eu home close also so if it does eventually is there going to be any kind of give money back to the customers program type thing of atleast some sort of give back thing for the ppl that has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on home over the years

Oh, but you are getting something to take away when Home shuts down. You will have been thought the valuable lesson that a fool and his money are easily parted. Yay, lucky you. Smiley Very Happy


There will always be soulless individuals who stand around and laugh or qoute useless sayings while others suffer the indignities and cruelty of life.  But rest assured these same individuals will shrivel up like an empty cocoon and blow away in the winds of eternal judgement.  But the true of heart and loyal faithful no matter how far they get beat down will rise like phoenixes out of this cesspool and fly to unimaginable heights and enter the realms of golden consciousness and unbreakable peace.


Sorry, I zoned out after a few words, but from what I read, it would seem your words are the result of your reluctancy to deal with "buyers remorse" Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 84 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/17/2011
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

THE_MESSlAH_ wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

THE_MESSlAH_ wrote:

haley_stars wrote:
Hello I have been on home for awhile now and supported it just like everyone else has over the years with the closeing of psh in japan on march of next year one has to think how much longer will it be before na and eu home close also so if it does eventually is there going to be any kind of give money back to the customers program type thing of atleast some sort of give back thing for the ppl that has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on home over the years

Oh, but you are getting something to take away when Home shuts down. You will have been thought the valuable lesson that a fool and his money are easily parted. Yay, lucky you. Smiley Very Happy


There will always be soulless individuals who stand around and laugh or qoute useless sayings while others suffer the indignities and cruelty of life.  But rest assured these same individuals will shrivel up like an empty cocoon and blow away in the winds of eternal judgement.  But the true of heart and loyal faithful no matter how far they get beat down will rise like phoenixes out of this cesspool and fly to unimaginable heights and enter the realms of golden consciousness and unbreakable peace.


Sorry, I zoned out after a few words, but from what I read, it would seem your words are the result of your reluctancy to deal with "buyers remorse" Smiley Wink


I think what your problem is that you only care about money and project that onto other people perhaps.  My only concern here is that an imaginary world that provides an escape from the real world and is an example of what the future could bring if it keeps going could be shut down.  I guess that is what this thread is about but to me it is more than money.

Message 35 of 84 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/02/2014
Offline
1889 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

Nah. I don't think we deserve anything, tbh. We put our money into something, that isn't written in stone to last forever. 

The only thing we can take from it are memories. If people want more than that, then perhaps they're on the wrong application. 

Message 36 of 84 (648 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2013
Offline
485 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

AbysmalDawna wrote:

There will always be soulless individuals who stand around and laugh or qoute useless sayings while others suffer the indignities and cruelty of life.  But rest assured these same individuals will shrivel up like an empty cocoon and blow away in the winds of eternal judgement.  But the true of heart and loyal faithful no matter how far they get beat down will rise like phoenixes out of this cesspool and fly to unimaginable heights and enter the realms of golden consciousness and unbreakable peace.


All good thigns must come to an end. Tech Experiments come and go but they live on in different ways by the improvements they bring to their field. And most importantly, we must take the time every so often to re-evaluate ourselves and our understandings. Some of the best things in-life are but fleeting moments in our lives. And that's okay because the memories we have of them will last. 

 

Besides that remember that we as buyers were never promised forever. You have to accept home for what it is. A wild, crazy, and bold virtual social experiment taken on by one of the biggest gaming corporations. That means it'll be fun, it'll be fantastic, and it'll probably be fleeting like most console things. If we're lucky they'll bring it to the PS4. But the PS3 verision has to end eventually. Sony isn't a charity and they have to do what's right for their employees as well. Moving them on to other projects so they have opportunies for advancement instead of sticking em with charity duty on a platform that isn't going to go anywhere would not be very fair to them. This should last as long as it's profitable and thus has room for advancement, and then it should go. I don't know if that will be soon. Nobody knows what the future will bring. But just keep in mind it's gotta end sometime and being realistc, the fact they've shuttered the verision in Sony's home country isn't a great sign.

 

 

Message 37 of 84 (640 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

Spartaxoxo wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

Atlantarama wrote:

I've wondered how many others, like myself, stopped spending money on Home months ago, when it appeared clear that Home had little future since it wasn't available on the PS4. 

 


A LOT of people. Trust me. Sony makes their bed--let them sleep in it. All of their years of neglect, poor management decisions, poor communication, consumer deception, consumer fraud and blatant refusal to improve customer service HAS hurt this company badly. They better be thankful they have the PS4 and AAA devs right now, because without them, the company has a serious issue with even being able to exist anymore. 

 

I love the technology of Home, but will always be left wishing that some other company--ANY other company--would have developed and operated it. Do yourselves a favor and read up a little on Sony. Read about their customer service record in the industry and then read about the unfortunate individuals who went to work for them and had a lot to say after leaving. It is the only way to get a clear picture of what really goes on behind Sony's crumbling walls. They are notorious for their lack of customer relations amongst so many other negative things. 8 years running operating in the red and no end in sight--all, no doubt, a result of all of the things I mentioned. This is the kind of company that unfortunately, ended up with an amazing technology that will never see its full potential. 

 

Greed may win in the short run, but it never wins in the end. 

 

by the way....the OP has a right to express him/herself any way he/she wishes no matter how much Sony fanboys and girls will try to disagree. There will always be those who remain blind from reality--and Sony loves you. Be proud. lol I don't want anything from Sony when Home is discontinued, but I understand the reason for the post. 

 


 

Sony BBB rating: A+

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-wholesale-and-ma...

 

According to Customers who dealt with Sony through the BBB, they offer excellent customer service.

 

Sony GlassDoor rating: 3.5/5 stars

 

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Sony-Reviews-E3541.htm

 

According to employees this is a very average place to work

 

Customer Satisfaction Survey Implemented byForrester, one of the largest names i customer experience surveys

 

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/01/21/forrester-consumer-experience-survey-2014/

 

Rates Sony as good, Better than Samsung, Microsoft, and Apple.

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/25/nearly-one-third-of-ps4-owners-switched-from-xbox-...

 

Nearly 1/3rd of PS4 owners switched from XBOX and Wii 

 

According to Forbes magazine as well, in 2012, Sony ranked as one of the most reputable companies on the planet.

 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacquelynsmith/2012/06/07/the-worlds-most-reputable-companies/

 

 

What is this all to say? That Sonny is many things but scammers they are not. Nor as they as bad as you are making them out to be.

 

Timeline of Events

 

August 2013 - No more New content for Japan Home

 

September 2014 - a YEAR later  - They won't be selling new items

 

March 2014 - 6 months after the discontinuation of selling items, they'll shut it down.

 

This is a very generous timeline, if you're being realistic and not emotional. I don't know too many companies that announce there are closing up shop a year before it happens. Now ofc, it's not all out of Sony's generosity. There is nothing benevolent about it in fact. They are paying to keep the servers open a full 6 months after selling items, and honestly they've already shot themselves in the foot in terms of making any more money off of JP Home by annoucing this. But it's because they know that PSHome people are actually PS3 gamers. The number of people who bought a ps3 for the purpose of playing home, and only ever uses it to PShome is probably very small.  They want to retain us as customers. They want you to switch to PS4. The retention rate desired and the fact Sony customers will be their customers for years on end if they handle things right, is the motivation. That's any businesses motivation, to make money. Still that doesn't always conflict with good service for the customer. Deny it if you want, but that's a pretty fair shake as far as fair warning goes in terms of shutting down. Almost every other company I've seen has done far less in terms of that.

 

D-Nitrate wrote:

haley_stars wrote:
we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

 

How about dignity, patience, understanding, civility, good will, etc... 

 

Home and the way it has been managed by Sony certainly appears to have taken a lot of that away from many users.  Maybe they'll get it back after Home goes away. 


 

If said person is a child, then I guess Home would be a good small scale rude awakening for the real world. This is how all entertainment purchases works, and it's foolish to think any of this will last forever. Lots of young people feel invicinble, but really nobody is and life isn't always fair. If they on't fall into the category of not knowing any better....Well to quote Eleanor Roosevelt, "Nobody can make you feel inferior with your consent." If somebody has a let VR world/video game take away their very dignity, they need to reevaluate how they spend their time. Maybe get off the internet for a while. Anyone who joins something on the internet should know what you're getting into. Entertainment purchases aren't forever, what you're really buying is a chance and a platform to make some memories and have some good times. The rest is up to you.


This link seems to show a whole different story. Hmmm.....imagine that. http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Sony

 

Ask ANYONE who has dealt with Sony customer service on ANY level if they agree with an A+ BBB rating. lol That is an absolute joke to even post such inaccurate, misleading info. 

 

I guess it depends on what sites you are looking at or how skewed you want your information to be. I could post so much more of what I have found, but I won't argue the "quality" of Sony as a corporation on Sony's forums, as I will always be up against people who are more close-minded than me on the subject and that leads to....nothing constructive. I will say one more thing though. I wouldn't even compare Microsoft and Sony as corporations--Sony has the better console hardware and that's about the end in terms of comparisons. Microsoft is a well operated, responsible, charitable, profitable American success story. Sony is a failing, greedy, poorly managed, Japanese electronics company that couldn't handle its own success. MS does NOT operate in the red every year, because they know how to manage. MS also knows servers, networks and server/network security. Sony knows (knew) TV's and other electronic equipment--and not even that anymore. I will not buy an XBox because I prefer the PS hardware and exclusives--and that is the ONLY reason. I will never be blindly loyal to any corporation just because I happen to use one of their products.

 

Be a responsible consumer and show your support for responsible corporations.

 

 



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 38 of 84 (631 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/17/2011
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

Spartaxoxo wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

There will always be soulless individuals who stand around and laugh or qoute useless sayings while others suffer the indignities and cruelty of life.  But rest assured these same individuals will shrivel up like an empty cocoon and blow away in the winds of eternal judgement.  But the true of heart and loyal faithful no matter how far they get beat down will rise like phoenixes out of this cesspool and fly to unimaginable heights and enter the realms of golden consciousness and unbreakable peace.


All good thigns must come to an end. Tech Experiments come and go but they live on in different ways by the improvements they bring to their field. And most importantly, we must take the time every so often to re-evaluate ourselves and our understandings. Some of the best things in-life are but fleeting moments in our lives. And that's okay because the memories we have of them will last. 

 

Besides that remember that we as buyers were never promised forever. You have to accept home for what it is. A wild, crazy, and bold virtual social experiment taken on by one of the biggest gaming corporations. That means it'll be fun, it'll be fantastic, and it'll probably be fleeting like most console things. If we're lucky they'll bring it to the PS4. But the PS3 verision has to end eventually. Sony isn't a charity and they have to do what's right for their employees as well. Moving them on to other projects so they have opportunies for advancement instead of sticking em with charity duty on a platform that isn't going to go anywhere would not be very fair to them. This should last as long as it's profitable and thus has room for advancement, and then it should go. I don't know if that will be soon. Nobody knows what the future will bring. But just keep in mind it's gotta end sometime and being realistc, the fact they've shuttered the verision in Sony's home country isn't a great sign.

 

 


I have been in Home for six years.  Since when is six years a fleeting moment in time?

Message 39 of 84 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2013
Offline
485 posts
 

Re: gRe: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

HOPPER_34 wrote:

That other company has a very dishonest ranking system (for example putting NameSilo as the best company out there because it has 40 positive ratings and 1 negative rating. Compared to other companies that just law of averages wise are going to have more complaints. It's easy to be number one by those standards. In addition, I didn't even have to verify a purchase to submit a negative review. In fact they brag about their overly negatively biased ratings system saying only 6% of companies actually are acceptable. Meanwhile the BBB has been around since 1912. They require verification to see if someone has purchased an item. And act as a third party mediator. They even rate the interaction and responses with the customer to see if the company actually acted in good faith or was being unreasonable. Yes, there are unreasonable customers. The ones saying Sony sucks if it doesn't give them back their money because Home didn't last forever, otherwise it's a scam, for example.

 

That other site didn't seem to require verification of purchase and seemed to assume every customer is telling the truth. There is no posts where the scoreboard looked into it to see if it was a) true, and b) if the company attempted to resolve thigns resonably but the customer wanted more than what anyone would consider fair or reasonable. Hell one of the first reviews shows why this is problematic. He blames the fact that it took 3 weeks for his delivery to get to Sony (pretty standard shipping time if you choose free shipping in many places) on Sony. Another is complaining because he has to send in his item to repair if he doesn't want to violate the warranty of his item. He wants to just take it some random local place that might do damage to it, which he'd probably hold Sony accountable for. Many customers did try that one, and that's why many companies now don't let you do local repairs except through very specific retailors. Many not at all. That's why BBB is such a good site for this type of thing.

 

BBB even listed Johnson & Johnson as part of it's dirty dozen corportate shame list. Which is in the top 50 of the most powerful brands in the world. It also has previous called out Comcast for being bad. BBB has stood the test of time because legitiamte customers contact them, they verify information and try to get results. And they hold both parties responsible for those results. 

 

At any rate, even if you want to say customer service scoreboard is just as legitiamte as BBB. That's still 1529 complaints resolved satisfactorily. 192 complaints where Sony did what it could to make the customer happy, but customer refused to accept it. Then we have 950 negative and 43 positive on the other site. That's 2714 issues with sony. Sony did what it was supposed to 1529+192+43 of those times, or 1764 times. That's a 65% positive rating. Which isn't a great rating, but is againt not as bad as you make it out to be. That's a bit less than 2 out of 3 times Sony did the correct thing for the consumer. Not great, but not a company known for fraud either.

 

If you only look for sites that validate your worldview and dismiss anything anyone else has to say with derogotory remarks, it is very easy to feel validated in your opinon. As you say there are plenty of people that don't like Sony as a company. I think it's good to be critical of your sources. But that includes the ones that agree with you. ESPECIALLY the ones that agree with you. It is very easy to become trapped in a confirmation vacuum otherwise.

 


AbysmalDawna wrote: 

I have been in Home for six years.  Since when is six years a fleeting moment in time?


 It may seem like a lot but really it's only long enough for a babe to start kindergarten. It's not a long time in the grand scheme of things. And while much can happen in 6 years, they also go by very quickly. Even our whole lives, in the grand scheme of human history is fleeting. Nothing is permanent. Everything has to go sometime. But that's kinda the reason it's important to live the best we can the best we know how. And why we have to accept that things change, but rather than dwell on that fact, live in the here and now. And enjoy what we have while we can. All too soon, that thing can change and end.

Message 40 of 84 (582 Views)