Any service ends
Message 11 of 84 (986 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28879 posts

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:
For someone to still like Sony even if they do shut down home and basically steal everyones money... 

They did not steal our money. We willingly and excitedly gave them money for our personal enjoyment and the enjoyment of our friends knowing that if and when Home ends, we will be left with nothing but the memory of great times and fun.

No one screwed you. You screwed yourself by not understanding what you had agreed to. That's no one's fault but your own.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 12 of 84 (985 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 26, 2014
I agree I do feel dumb for not seeing along this was likely to happen so I should have stopped spending logically yes they dident do it to me I did it to myself I suppose but still I took sony for being a better company then this to do this to there customers is very under handed
Message 13 of 84 (980 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3104 posts

Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:
I agree I do feel dumb for not seeing along this was likely to happen so I should have stopped spending logically yes they dident do it to me I did it to myself I suppose but still I took sony for being a better company then this to do this to there customers is very under handed

You are still missing the point. It wasn't underhanded. They stated their terms and you agreed to them. AND it's like this with ALL digital content; Sony didn't do anything that other companies don't do.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 14 of 84 (973 Views)
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Aug 26, 2014

If this is how you feel, then you'd be doing yourself a favor by ceasing to support the service any longer. Dont login, don't buy things, don't check out the updates, don't buy things, don't check out the Home forums or Home fan sites, and most importantly do NOT buy things. I stopped a few years back and it was the best thing I could've done for myself. 

Message 15 of 84 (971 Views)
VP of Gaming
28879 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

ReddAxel wrote:

If this is how you feel... don't check out the Home forums... I stopped a few years back and it was the best thing I could've done for myself. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 16 of 84 (966 Views)
Fender Bender
3303 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Oh, please. We're all here until Sony shuts it down or we get kicked out by a Mod. Just like in death, we can't take our stuff with us.

That's how it works.

Message 17 of 84 (954 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:
Not really but some sort of reimbursement should be in order if a service of any type like how sony did the welcome back package thing when they got hacked if home shuts down its not are fault its sonya for lack of support etc so why should we be the one that have to pay for there failures

When you go to the movies or to a theatrical performance or concert, do you expect to get your money back when it's over? Home is a part of digital online entertainment. You spend money and time in Home to have fun. Nothing lasts forever. 

I certainly agree that it would be nice if Sony let us know what they had planned. Sorry but after a year of the PS4 I suspect they know what the future of Home is by now. I think it's time to let the community know and yeah I understand "There is nothing New to Share at this Time".

I personally have shifted from buying lots of stuff to barely buying anything at all. I don't see the advantage now of doing so especially with so many issues as they relate to wardrobe and inventory. Home's future is also a factor that keeps me from spending much anymore as well. I have more than enough junk anyway.

Message 18 of 84 (919 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

I've wondered how many others, like myself, stopped spending money on Home months ago, when it appeared clear that Home had little future since it wasn't available on the PS4.

I'm satisfied with the amount I've spent on Home, but I remember some declaring that they've spent thousands, if that is even possible. Sony might be making enough on Home to keep it going for a while longer, but how long?

Message 19 of 84 (910 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
398 posts

Aug 26, 2014
If your favorite restaurant closes, should you get a refund? Nope Smiley Happy
#finfree
Message 20 of 84 (891 Views)