Aug 26 2014
By: haley_stars Splicer 54 posts
Accepted Solution

we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
83 replies 1442 views Edited Aug 27, 2014

Hello I have been on home for awhile now and supported it just like everyone else has over the years with the closeing of psh in japan on march of next year one has to think how much longer will it be before na and eu home close also so if it does eventually is there going to be any kind of give money back to the customers program type thing of atleast some sort of give back thing for the ppl that has spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on home over the years

Mod Edit: Removed labels. Labels are for use in the General Forum only.
Click here for more information.Thanks!   ~lovely1rainbow

Message 1 of 84 (1,442 Views)
VP of Gaming
28881 posts

Re: we should get something back if psh shuts down in na and eu

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

Please read the contract that we all "signed". We are not entitled to anything if Home ends.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 84 (1,440 Views)
Wastelander
485 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

You're just paying to rent the items until the service shutdowns or until such time as your conduct ends their willingness to do business with you.  (That's a general you btw not you or anyone else in specific.)

When they do shutdown the server, at least seems they care somehwat about how long we get to enjoy the items. They are stopping the sale of items well before they really have to in the JP servers. That's the best you can hope for. It's unrealistic to consider any digital purchase for any digitial item in any game or virtual reality thing as a permanent investment. They are not. When they close down, we lose our stuff. We may feel like we own them, but we do not. We're paying to rent it for as long as the service or our account lasts, whichever ends first. And that is all she wrote. 

Message 3 of 84 (1,427 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 26, 2014
Yeah I know lol what the contract says. But its pretty low of sony to not even answer are questions about the future of home man I regret spending money on psh that's for certain the least they could do is just give ppl a straight answer when they ask a question about home in my opinion if psy closes and I dont get nothing back for it or other ppl dont I suggest boycotting sony game systems all together. And they go to microsoft only
Message 4 of 84 (1,421 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Aug 26, 2014

maybe it'll come to PS4

Message 5 of 84 (1,416 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 26, 2014

I can't put a price on the time shared with friends and memories created. But, I can say I have gotten my moneys worth many times over on money spent.

Its a free service and no one twisted your arm to buy anything.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 6 of 84 (1,410 Views)
VP of Gaming
28881 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

Maybe SCE/SCEA doesn't know the answer themselves? Maybe they're watching the numbers as people quit and join? Who knows?

Perhaps you should take this as a lesson learned and not spend money on a PSN service or online game again? After all, in your point of view, the money would have been all for nothing once the service or game shuts down.

I do not regret any of the money I have spent on Home. I have enjoyed, and continue to enjoy, Home. Just like I have no regrets on the movies I see, the books I read and the games I play. If it makes me feel good, then it was worth the cost.

Good luck with your boycott and have a great online life. Ciao!

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 84 (1,407 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 26, 2014
For someone to still like sony even if they do. shut down home and basically steal. everyones money takes a bigger supporter of sony then me I guess perhaps i just ain't as big on getting screwed over as some ppl are lol
Message 8 of 84 (1,395 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 26, 2014

haley_stars wrote:
For someone to still like sony even if they do. shut down home and basically steal. everyones money takes a bigger supporter of sony then me I guess perhaps i just ain't as big on getting screwed over as some ppl are lol

If you played Final Fantasy 14 for three years would you ask for your money back if they closed the game?

HomeStationMagazine
Message 9 of 84 (1,388 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Aug 26, 2014
Not really but some sort of reimbursement should be in order if a service of any type like how sony did the welcome back package thing when they got hacked if home shuts down its not are fault its sonya for lack of support etc so why should we be the one that have to pay for there failures
Message 10 of 84 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes