Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Re: Why are dudes dress as females what is that's pose too achieve

Jan 24, 2013
I agree with you, phantom. it just seems so people take their creations a little too far.
Message 51 of 88 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Hello Lightining!  Homes favorite unicorn Smiley Tongue, Im glad we both felt the same about our comments.  But always remember wht your mommy told you "keep your hands inside the car or you might loss a finger" Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 88 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 24, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I am female and I hate to use my male avatar, I hate the way it walks, moves, etc. so of course I don't use it, Let alone use it to deceive people on home.  When I was new to home I asked myself this very same question, I could not grasp the concept of fake socializing as far as gender on Home.  I even posed the question to a male friend who would dressed female, his response to me was "because I'm bored" and like engraver said some males use it to be a jerk or take advantage of others and that's not OK in my book.

To touch a bit on some of the responses here, yes you do play as a female in Tomb raider and as Samus in Metroid but that's because you don't have a choice to change the character to male, on Home we do have a choice to do so.  Another response that caught my attention was that female avis get better clothes, but isn't that the case in RL as well?  We don't get anything on Home that not available to us in RL as far as clothing items, so would you wear your mothers dress just cause its pretty?  That's a question only you can answer, don't really care if you do.

In the End It really doesn't matter what Avi you use as long as your having fun and socializing in a good heart felt way, making friends is what its all about.Smiley Happy

The problem with that though is I also had the choice not to play those games. I Could always substitute Tomb Raider with Uncharted. Or play Halo instead of Metroid. But by more people doing that though the more people would think Female Characters in games are unimportant.

Message 53 of 88 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 24, 2013
my mommy never told me that..
Message 54 of 88 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

The problem with that though is I also had the choice not to play those games. I Could always substitute Tomb Raider with Uncharted. Or play Halo instead of Metroid. But by more people doing that though the more people would think Female Characters in games are unimportant.

I think that is a totally different topic all together Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 88 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
414 posts

Jan 25, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Jacked-Assassin wrote:

I think that is a totally different topic all together Smiley Wink

It is however dealing with people playing as The Opposite Gender.

Conceptually speaking though if Sony decided All PS Home Users had to play as the gender they were born as it would cause a drastic change in PS Home. Because if the majority of PS Home users are Male who could no longer buy Female Clothes then PS Home Publishers would decide to only make clothes for Males because they're not seeing the profits from selling Female Clothes they once did.

Message 56 of 88 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Because you get married twice as fast as a female in the granzella hidden island.

I'm kidding...sort of.

There is no reason to get up in arms about  it. It's just an avatar.

Here is another question, why does nobody get mad when someone is using a skinny avatar? Nobody gets upset about someone using a dark avatar if they have light complexion in real life. Someone wears a mech jet outfit and "you can't transform into a jet in real life, I'm really offended" doesn't come up in dialogue. This whole conversation, is stupid and void so long as you can use an avatar that can look like just about anything.

Perish_Song
Message 57 of 88 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 25, 2013
@perish

the idea of home is to make friends.
most people on this planet don't enjoy being lied to or deceived.
you might be okay with the foundations of some of your home friendships to be built upon lies, but I'd assume you can only speak for yourself.
Message 58 of 88 (178 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 25, 2013
and for what seems to be the 3rd time i'm saying this, there's nothing wrong with using an avatar of the opposite gender.
its lying to the people whom you want to be friends with, and telling them you are actually the opposite gender that's wrong.
Message 59 of 88 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Jan 25, 2013

It only gets bad when people 'catfish' doing that.

Ask Manti Te'o how he feels.

Message 60 of 88 (160 Views)