..unsurprising lol
Message 41 of 88 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Why are dudes dress as females what is that's pose too achieve

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Well some guys use a female avatar or account because they like the attention, plus people are more inclined to help out a female in ditress then a male. If it's a male asking for help, the answer is usually get lost noob. But if a female asks for help, it's like sure I'll help you out, anything for you baby. Also some guys do it as a joke, because it is pretty funny how many guys will hit on what they precieve to be female.

bobs fed signature
Message 42 of 88 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 24, 2013
@bobsfed
yeah, that's true for the most part.although I highly suspect the deception is only "a joke" after the true gender has been unintentionally revealed
Message 43 of 88 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 24, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:
@bobsfed
yeah, that's true for the most part.although I highly suspect the deception is only "a joke" after the true gender has been unintentionally revealed

Your original question was ''why do certain male home users use a female avatar and try convince their friends online that they are female IRL/hide the fact they are men?"

And it looks like you answered your own question by saying you think it was a joke. There are many different answers and only those who do this know truly why. Whatever the reason those who withold the truth share a heavy burden not being honest with friends who care for them but that is a whole other topic and something they have to live with. True friends would understand if given the chance to know.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 44 of 88 (259 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I referred to the phrase "joke" in parenthesis for a reason. try to read in between the lines, jersquallSmiley Happy

Message 45 of 88 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 24, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:
I referred to the phrase "joke" in parenthesis for a reason. try to read in between the lines, jersquallSmiley Happy

Sorry, I read it fast and replied just as fast. My bad.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 46 of 88 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jan 24, 2013
s'cool
Message 47 of 88 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

I am female and I hate to use my male avatar, I hate the way it walks, moves, etc. so of course I don't use it, Let alone use it to deceive people on home.  When I was new to home I asked myself this very same question, I could not grasp the concept of fake socializing as far as gender on Home.  I even posed the question to a male friend who would dressed female, his response to me was "because I'm bored" and like engraver said some males use it to be a jerk or take advantage of others and that's not OK in my book.

To touch a bit on some of the responses here, yes you do play as a female in Tomb raider and as Samus in Metroid but that's because you don't have a choice to change the character to male, on Home we do have a choice to do so.  Another response that caught my attention was that female avis get better clothes, but isn't that the case in RL as well?  We don't get anything on Home that not available to us in RL as far as clothing items, so would you wear your mothers dress just cause its pretty?  That's a question only you can answer, don't really care if you do.

In the End It really doesn't matter what Avi you use as long as your having fun and socializing in a good heart felt way, making friends is what its all about.Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 88 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

@Tsunade

I honestly couldn't read past the first sentence of your TL;DR post. The reason being that I was incapacitated by a fit of laughter after reading the first three words you said.

Message 49 of 88 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
284 posts

Jan 24, 2013

i use them because they are better to look at. real or virtual, the female form is beautiful.

i'm a cartoonist and i draw female characters, Home is cool because i can take my drawings and make virtual version of my artwork, male and female. if a male creates female characters outside of Home, whether it be a painting or any other form of art, does one get questioned about his sexuality or looked upon as some kind of weirdo...why the hell is Home so different?

guys looking to hook up with chicks seems to be the ones having hissy fits over this. 

i honestly wish a lot of guys would use female avatars, instead of harassing female Home users, the trolls can create a female avatar, and troll/harrass themselves. 

when i use Home i don't think about what gender i'm using because it's not a big deal. the avatar outfits for the females are pretty freakin' awesome. 

dear lord, i wish people would stop taking Home so seriously especially with what gender a person uses. 

some guys use female avatars for whatever reason, who cares...get over it.

"human contact is awesome, try it sometimes"
Message 50 of 88 (177 Views)