Monster Hunter
33 posts

Re: *unofficial* Home Operation Voice Chat thread

Oct 8, 2009
I do not understand how they would lose that much over a rating. Would people really be that angry that they stop using home? I highly doubt it, I do not like that mic's are gone or that I cant type the word "Assassin" or words that connect like "hit it" (**bleep**). But I am still as happy as a clam, I use home almost every day. Maybe I just do not see people to be so ignorant that they would stop using an entire program because of a rating.
Message 21 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5009 posts

Oct 8, 2009

House_MD_PL wrote:

BitRunner wrote:
The whole sound proximity thing is just too impractical in an online voice chat setting, it's hard enough to know that what you're saying is registering in the first place and is audible by the other party, let alone having all the R2 push-to-talk junk instead of R2 as a mute toggle.

I would also like the 60s R2 limit to be extended up to at least 120s. Besides, when I last checked, if you push R2 continuously for 50 seconds, let it go to make a pause, and you push it again to continue talking, the timer doesn't reset - you only have 10 seconds to talk, after that it resets itself, but you have to press R2 again.

Or just implement volume threshold sensing so that when the volume from your mic is below a certain audible level after a second it doesn't transmit until it picks up again.

Visit my CG Art Gallery at: http://www.johnnyernest.com/projects.php
Message 22 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 8, 2009

House_MD_PL wrote:

MarkSinister wrote:
You guys do remember that one of the main reason why voice chat was taken out was because of connection issues right? I remember day one of open beta we had hell logging into home, as soon as they took voice chat out all the logon issues disappeared

Yes, but you do realise that it was the time of launching PSHome service. I bet that there is no longer that kind of traffic as it was at the beginning of the year.

Dude we don't even have Voice chat now and we are having lag left and right in home?? I can't even go into my wardrobe with out my system locking up on me becuase it take a long time to transfer data to the servers and back. Now imagine adding Voice chat traffic back to home with the lag we have right now it's will be useless. I know I'm not the only one experiencing lag in central plaza here???

Message 23 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Oct 8, 2009

MarkSinister wrote:
Dude we don't even have Voice chat now and we are having lag left and right in home?? I can't even go into my wardrobe with out my system locking up on me becuase it take a long time to transfer data to the servers and back. Now imagine adding Voice chat traffic back to home with the lag we have right now it's will be useless. I know I'm not the only one experiencing lag in central plaza here???

Change your Internet provider, get your PS3 fixed, check your router settings or replace it for something good, because I don't get any lags in Home. I did at the early days, I don't anymore. Besides - it's Sony problem to give us reliable servers, that could manage higher amount of traffic.

Message Edited by House_MD_PL on 10-08-2009 10:27 PM

My YouTube Channel (HD), feat. Home Buzz! space, Uncharted2 Beta, inFamous, etc.

IT'S BEEN 10 MONTHS
SINCE PUBLIC VOICE CHAT WAS Smiley Very HappyTEMPORARILYSmiley Very Happy SUSPENDED.

Good 2B Home anyway

Message 24 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
560 posts

Oct 8, 2009

House_MD_PL wrote:

MarkSinister wrote:

Change your Internet provider, get your PS3 fixed, check your router settings or replace it for something good, because I don't get any lags in Home. I did at the early days, I don't anymore. Besides - it's Sony problem to give us reliable servers, that could manage higher amount of traffic.

Message Edited by House_MD_PL on 10-08-2009 10:27 PM

Well I say to you learn to type and live with the fact that like TV's voice chat is never coming back. It's because not everyone has high speed connections is the reason why Sony isn't providing public voice chat anymore, and Sony isn't going to risk losing customers just because a select few has high speed connections that can handle voice chat in public space.

Message Edited by MarkSinister on 10-08-2009 02:21 PM

Message 25 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Oct 9, 2009

House_MD_PL wrote:

Jolly_One wrote:
the only way to get the voice chat back and working correctly would be to decrease the time even more.  20 seconds with a 10 or even 20 second delay before rekeying wold hopefully eliminate the abuse.

When the voice chat is disabled by default in public spaces, there is no way to abuse it at all. Or when it's going to be the way BitRunner wants it. Nobody would be able to torture other people with the music streaming through the MIC...

there is an option to disable it. problem solved. everyone is happy then

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 26 of 29 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Oct 9, 2009

MajickNinja wrote:
What they should do is just make home M for Mature. I mean come on, they have a music video of Shakira in the theater and she is half nude. Make language filter an option, and bring back the mics. If somebody does not want to hear what another person is saying, then they can gladly mute their voice. I understand that they want to keep home a family friendly service, but it is online.. which means foul things are still going to happen. Who agree's? Optional chat filter, voice mute, everyone is happy.

I approve this message.

Public Voice Chat needs to come back. I been saying this since closed beta and I still dont see it coming this year. 

Like I been saying before also, if you dont want to hear anyone talk then just go to communication>Voice chat>disable. There problem solved or if they release something called MUTE ALL then there you go. People you DO want to hear, just unmute them so you'll only HEAR THEM. 

Message 27 of 29 (25 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
4226 posts

Oct 9, 2009

HARMlessENEMY wrote:

MajickNinja wrote:
What they should do is just make home M for Mature. I mean come on, they have a music video of Shakira in the theater and she is half nude. Make language filter an option, and bring back the mics. If somebody does not want to hear what another person is saying, then they can gladly mute their voice. I understand that they want to keep home a family friendly service, but it is online.. which means foul things are still going to happen. Who agree's? Optional chat filter, voice mute, everyone is happy.

I approve this message.

Public Voice Chat needs to come back. I been saying this since closed beta and I still dont see it coming this year. 

Like I been saying before also, if you dont want to hear anyone talk then just go to communication>Voice chat>disable. There problem solved or if they release something called MUTE ALL then there you go. People you DO want to hear, just unmute them so you'll only HEAR THEM. 

exactly! this right here is an example of good comprimise and common sense

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 28 of 29 (25 Views)
Splicer
88 posts

Oct 9, 2009
yeah why not. lets give public voice chat a 2nd chance.  (lord help us)
Photobucket
Message 29 of 29 (25 Views)