Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/17/2011
Offline
1157 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 3, 2012

Stick to the games with the lowest vig. Normally this would be craps, but the dice don't seem to fall as they should. Blackjack is just as fishy, if not worse. Stick to single deck if you must.

 

War has a very small edge and is quick.

 

Avoid roulette since it's a double zero wheel.

 

Poker is slow, and most of the people playing in the public rooms are super donks. Bad Beat City.

 


BigInJapan_ wrote:

"And a message to those of you who've posted that 1,000,000 in LIFETIME earnings is unreachable: it's A LOT easier than the "amount" implies. If you were to go to the Single Deck Blackjack table at the VIP Room ... AND bet the max 1600 each hand ... AND play each hand quickly (maybe 15 seconds per hand) ... and win about 50% of the total hands in an hour -- at the end of that hour, you'd leave the table with what you started."

 

That's a quote from a jacket winner. I think the overall top earner in NA, too.


Not a good person to ask for advice considering how much he paid for it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 11 of 52 (543 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/12/2011
Offline
3846 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 3, 2012
:^/ The key thing to remember is that it isn't the current holdings that count, it's the total number of chips that have ever been won, despite whether you've lost them again. The strategy to seek is the one that maximizes the back and forth movement of the chips. The "churn", if you will. Betting one color at Roulette, for example, will have your chips leaving and returning nearly infinitely, save for when the zero or double zero appear. That's a lot of churn out of each weekly hundred chip infusion.

;^) Of course, that'll take a long time to add up to a hundred thousand total earnings, let alone ten times that much. It'd be faster if one bought extra chips to speed things up, but it'd work without that if one is patient. Remember, the key isn't to win more than you lose, the key is to win and lose the same chips over and over, back and forth, hundred or thousands of times.
Message 12 of 52 (540 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
11833 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 3, 2012

I found Roulette to be a big earner. I was number one on the leader board for the first week but quit after I got all the rewards.

I found that placing 3 equal bets on the the last 3 numbers hit was a good strategy.

A hot table will always hit on a previous number. If it doesn't , go to another table.

 

Another good option is column betting. At least for me, there seemed to be a pattern to which column hit and it was easy to predict which

column would hit next.

No tip or strategy is any good if you don't have enough to absorb your loses. I've dropped $70-80 so far and only have 750k in earnings.

Instead of being smart, I took on the VIP single deck blackjack, although I've won over 150k on my EU account from free chips.

Message 13 of 52 (504 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 3, 2012

AlabamaWorley87 wrote:
I didn't say that Hopper. I just said that the free 100 chips helps when you are running low. The free chips also don't count toward your earnings, so it just gives you a little more ammo each week.

And I have earned 2,000,000 in chips; if I could let you see what I see on the info kiosk I would. That's not to say that I have ever had a ton of chips in my holdings. I think the most I ever had was about 45,000 at once; right now I have just over 11,000 chips.

I was simply trying to give hope to people who can't or don't want to spend money on chips. Would I have gotten to 1,000,000 in earnings easier and faster if I had bought chips? Absolutely. But getting the penthouse is possible without spending a lot of money.

Trying to give people hope is always a good thing no doubt, but I still don't understand how you have earned 2 mil without spending a dime on chips. I'm not doubting in any way that you actually do have 2 mil in earnings.....what I'm not buying is that you earned it without buying any chips. 



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 14 of 52 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 03/23/2012
Offline
393 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 3, 2012

HOPPER_34 wrote:

AlabamaWorley87 wrote:
I didn't say that Hopper. I just said that the free 100 chips helps when you are running low. The free chips also don't count toward your earnings, so it just gives you a little more ammo each week.

And I have earned 2,000,000 in chips; if I could let you see what I see on the info kiosk I would. That's not to say that I have ever had a ton of chips in my holdings. I think the most I ever had was about 45,000 at once; right now I have just over 11,000 chips.

I was simply trying to give hope to people who can't or don't want to spend money on chips. Would I have gotten to 1,000,000 in earnings easier and faster if I had bought chips? Absolutely. But getting the penthouse is possible without spending a lot of money.

Trying to give people hope is always a good thing no doubt, but I still don't understand how you have earned 2 mil without spending a dime on chips. I'm not doubting in any way that you actually do have 2 mil in earnings.....what I'm not buying is that you earned it without buying any chips. 


I understand. I'm sure some of my friends who I was keeping updated on my progress toward earning the penthouse can't believe it either. I still sleep well at night knowing what I accomplished. I didn't reply to this thread to brag about it, but I'll  say this: To Digital Leisure, if you happen to read this thread, you have my permission to look up my account and tell HOPPER_34 how many chips I have purchased and my current total earnings. 

 

I guarantee it is possible to reach 1,000,000 in earnings without buying chips. 

 

To get back to the purpose of this thread, if anyone needs help with one of the games feel free to PM me here on the forums or send me a message on the PSN. The penthouse is really nice (and will be getting nicer in a couple of weeks) so if I can help anyone get closer to earning it let me know. 

 

Good luck everyone. 

 

Message 15 of 52 (449 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/15/2010
Offline
2651 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

I earned my first 100,000 in winnings by only playing free chips and never really having more than about 6,000 chips at any given time.  I only played blackjack, poker and roulette with any regularity.  After gaining access to the VIP room, I decided to buy the 40,000 chip package to speed up the process.

 

My first half-million in earnings went fairly smoothly with a net loss of only about a 1,000 chips by playing 800-chip bets at blackjack.  My fortunes took a nasty turn at that point, dropping from 39,000 chips to 9,000 playing blackjack for less than an hour.  I was using basic blackjack strategy throughout so I'm not sure why things turned so quickly.  Now, I've returned to playing poker and blackjack with smaller bets to see if I can build up my stack again.

 

Digital Leisure has claimed that blackjack is completely random according to 5 or 6 deck shoe.  Regardless, the dealer seems to hit 20 or 21 at an almost unbelievable frequency sometimes.  I can't even imagine how many times I've stood on 20 or 21 with a Lose or Push outcome.

 

Regarding roulette, you could easily reach your million with a large enough chip stack to absorb bad runs.  Bet whatever you like...odd or even, red or black, high or low.  Just be prepared to lose chips at a rate of 5% of your total winnings.  To put it another way, the odds suggest that a million in earnings should cost you about 50,000 chips.

 

Good luck.

castle3
Message 16 of 52 (407 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/17/2011
Offline
2003 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 4, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

I found Roulette to be a big earner. I was number one on the leader board for the first week but quit after I got all the rewards.

I found that placing 3 equal bets on the the last 3 numbers hit was a good strategy.

A hot table will always hit on a previous number. If it doesn't , go to another table.

 

Another good option is column betting. At least for me, there seemed to be a pattern to which column hit and it was easy to predict which

column would hit next.

No tip or strategy is any good if you don't have enough to absorb your loses. I've dropped $70-80 so far and only have 750k in earnings.

Instead of being smart, I took on the VIP single deck blackjack, although I've won over 150k on my EU account from free chips.Th


apartment is worth what about five bucks? a fool and his money are soon parted

Message 17 of 52 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

[ Edited ]
Nov 4, 2012

AlabamaWorley87 wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

AlabamaWorley87 wrote:
I didn't say that Hopper. I just said that the free 100 chips helps when you are running low. The free chips also don't count toward your earnings, so it just gives you a little more ammo each week.

And I have earned 2,000,000 in chips; if I could let you see what I see on the info kiosk I would. That's not to say that I have ever had a ton of chips in my holdings. I think the most I ever had was about 45,000 at once; right now I have just over 11,000 chips.

I was simply trying to give hope to people who can't or don't want to spend money on chips. Would I have gotten to 1,000,000 in earnings easier and faster if I had bought chips? Absolutely. But getting the penthouse is possible without spending a lot of money.

Trying to give people hope is always a good thing no doubt, but I still don't understand how you have earned 2 mil without spending a dime on chips. I'm not doubting in any way that you actually do have 2 mil in earnings.....what I'm not buying is that you earned it without buying any chips. 


I understand. I'm sure some of my friends who I was keeping updated on my progress toward earning the penthouse can't believe it either. I still sleep well at night knowing what I accomplished. I didn't reply to this thread to brag about it, but I'll  say this: To Digital Leisure, if you happen to read this thread, you have my permission to look up my account and tell HOPPER_34 how many chips I have purchased and my current total earnings. 

 

I guarantee it is possible to reach 1,000,000 in earnings without buying chips. 

 

To get back to the purpose of this thread, if anyone needs help with one of the games feel free to PM me here on the forums or send me a message on the PSN. The penthouse is really nice (and will be getting nicer in a couple of weeks) so if I can help anyone get closer to earning it let me know. 

 

Good luck everyone. 

 


I now have my foot firmly planted in my own mouth for doubting that 2 mil could be earned without having bought chips. Public humiliation is now in order for me as I have now seen proof that AlabamaWorley87 did in fact reach 2 mil+ in earnings without having spent a dime on chips. Not only those total earnings, but maxed rank in all games and all rewards (besides the shirt for buying chips). I'm amazed that it can actually be done, but still have to go out on a limb and say that unless you are trying to be the 2nd luckiest person on the planet, then it probably isn't the most sure way to getting the penthouse. Smiley Happy

 

Good luck!

 

 

 

I shall never doubt anyone on these forums again. lol



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 18 of 52 (347 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/08/2011
Offline
1649 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 4, 2012

That's proof of 2 million earnings but it isn't proof that he never purchased chips. There's no real way to prove that, either.

Message 19 of 52 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/25/2009
Offline
2280 posts
 

Re: tips towards earning the penthouse?

Nov 4, 2012

LunarEmerald wrote:

That's proof of 2 million earnings but it isn't proof that he never purchased chips. There's no real way to prove that, either.


Look at the very first reward in the first picture. 



http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 20 of 52 (324 Views)