why do we pay for something that was free in other countries

[Edited}
Message 1 of 17 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Re: the treehouse

Jan 13, 2011

Welcome to USA Home. A lot of thing's happen to be free (well, some thing's) in Europe. dunno about other Home's...

Message 2 of 17 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1563 posts

Jan 13, 2011

EU always was more charitable when it comes to clothing/furniture as well.

For example, we had to pay for Diesel brand clothing over in NA for $1.99 each, but in EU -- they actually had made most of the Diesel items over there free.

I guess the only thing I can say is: NA needs more $ from you haha

Message 3 of 17 (37 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5132 posts

Jan 13, 2011

HlBANA wrote:

EU always was more charitable when it comes to clothing/furniture as well.

For example, we had to pay for Diesel brand clothing over in NA for $1.99 each, but in EU -- they actually had made most of the Diesel items over there free.

I guess the only thing I can say is: NA needs more $ from you haha

HomeStation Issue #1 out now! www.hsmagazine.net

Like That Denim Jacket .. Lol Its Free Over There But $2 Here >.<

Message 4 of 17 (37 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Jan 13, 2011

HlBANA wrote:

The price of the clothing items from Diesel is set by Diesel and not SCEA or SCEE. Diesel determines if they want the items to cost or be free.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 17 (37 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Jan 13, 2011

whyaskdouknow wrote:

Why do we pay for something that was free in other countries?

Ask the Developers of the space. Prices are determine by the creators of the spaces or items and can vary based on location, the exchange rate, contracts and business and tax laws.

One factor that had been mentioned by GlassWalls, that many overlooked, is localisation. It costs time and money and cannot be done at the flick of a switch.

Lastly, we do have a lot of free things in NA Home. Tons. Also, SCEA has given away full PS3 games in contests in Home. And with third party partners, some not from the gaming world, SCEA has given away more games and movies. That's pretty nice if you ask me.

Message 6 of 17 (37 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jan 13, 2011

They know here in NA Home, users buy everything.

Message 7 of 17 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Jan 13, 2011

footballrule wrote:

They know here in NA Home, users buy everything.

Proud PS3 Owner Since Dec. 2006

There's probably more truth to that than we know

Photobucket

Message 8 of 17 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Conrad_Max wrote:

whyaskdouknow wrote:

Why do we pay for something that was free in other countries?

Ask the Developers of the space. Prices are determine by the creators of the spaces or items and can vary based on location, the exchange rate, contracts and business and tax laws.

One factor that had been mentioned by GlassWalls, that many overlooked, is localisation. It costs time and money and cannot be done at the flick of a switch.

Lastly, we do have a lot of free things in NA Home. Tons. Also, SCEA has given away full PS3 games in contests in Home. And with third party partners, some not from the gaming world, SCEA has given away more games and movies. That's pretty nice if you ask me.

Get your Portable ID!

First of all, you're not a Mod to speak on behalf of them.

Second, it's not that difficult to transfer an item from one region to another. In addition, IT IS as easy as a click of a button to bring that treehouse over.

Last but not least, SCEA did give out free garbage games or leftovers that are over 1 year old that did poorly in sales in NA Home.

Message 9 of 17 (37 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jan 13, 2011

Well to be fair the space was free in the EU for a limited time. It was a one year anniversay deal if I'm not mistaken. They later started charging for it. The same thing happened with the Final Fantasy space in Japan. Initially it was free for a week or two and then went into Estates for sale.

The only real issue I have with the space is that you can't walk outside. I really wish the developers would have taken the time to update the space and not simply localize it for North America. I think the complaints about it were pretty clear and sadly the developer did nothing to try and satisfy customers.

Personally I won't buy the space but if I could walk outside along the walkways it would have generated a sale in my case. That's me and I obviously will spend my money the way I think is best.

We should be able to do this legitamately.

CherryBlouse_TrekSkirt_5.jpg

CherryBlouse_TrekSkirt_1.jpg

CherryBlouse_TrekSkirt_3.jpg

Message 10 of 17 (37 Views)