Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: the secret about the update

Feb 14, 2013

whyaskdouknow wrote:

they moving every thing to the servers now so when the ps4 comes out we wont have to transfer then

so im glade they getting it out the way

I hope that's not ture the more I think about it the more I like the idea of Sony maken something bigger and better for the PS4.  Home never worked the way Sony said it would so with a new world it might be a better start of Sony.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 21 of 81 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
806 posts

Feb 14, 2013

i thought about this update like that aswell. make it easyer for users to play home on the ps4  maybe or even tue vita, lol u never know with sony. also why wouldnt ps4  have home. it could come out of beta and be the full relise or something. i dont think there would be a new home. people love the cross play content so it could be same old home on  the ps4. 

Message 22 of 81 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

I'm not so sure about that. I've heard from 2 seperate people that the PS4 or orbis, will in fact have Home on it along with other features such as the ability to be in Home while playing a game.

They both explained that Home is just an application, just like the YouTube and Hulu app's.

Its not a built in device, but an app that runs from their servers.

I'll try to find one of the emails that were sent that explain in depth...but according to both people Home isnt a v2 (at least currently).

I still view this as part of the rumor mill because it hasnt been confirmed, but it does seem to make sense that Home is nothing more than an interactive app and no different from the Netflix or Amazon apps in which we have to actually download and activate them for them to even be featured on our devices.

DCS-Tekken wrote:

whyaskdouknow wrote:

they moving every thing to the servers now so when the ps4 comes out we wont have to transfer then

We all know that PS4 will not support HOME there have been many Rumors about PS4 most of them are 90% Bad!

Yep that's what the rumor mill is saying....

Message 23 of 81 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Feb 14, 2013

whyaskdouknow wrote:

you emit pleasent smelling mist into the air to eliminate bad odors and freshen up houses?

Message 24 of 81 (309 Views)
Survivor
2432 posts

Feb 14, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

whyaskdouknow wrote:

you emit pleasent smelling mist into the air to eliminate bad odors and freshen up houses?

*eyeroll and groan* Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 25 of 81 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 14, 2013

stardeth wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

whyaskdouknow wrote:

*eyeroll and groan* Smiley LOL lol Smiley LOL

lwGlade1.png

HomeStationMagazine
Message 26 of 81 (275 Views)
Sackboy
463 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

"Home" that we know and play in should not be on PS4. I hope for more.

I think that one of the reasons Home recieved a cold welcome from gamers originally was because it was new and had no direction from the start. It was a social platform. A platform that was suppose to gather users for social events and was looked at as a MySpace for avatars. Our Home became more than that but it took awhile to get there.

Now that we are known to be a mix between a gaming-social platform it needs to take another step and include Home as part of your XMB experience. With the inclusion and mixing of all things PlayStation, I have two wishes for PS4.

1. Make "Home2" for PS4 all new. Have everyone who logs into PS4 log right into Home2. from there you have access to everything on your XMB. Game launching, Netflix, Internet browser, Mobile phone goodies, Movies, Music, ect..  Everything from your Home.

2. Change the name of Home. It has always sounded like a Home page. it has been hard to search online for anything "Home" especially in  the early days.

just thoughts..

Don't know if it was on here, or if it was on youtube or just somewhere on the goog, but I heard of someone suggest the same thing just about. They mentioned that when you boot up your ps4 that instead of loading into your xmb you load into home and then the navigator serves as your xmb. Plus from everything I've heard and read lately on "the rumor mill" is that sony wants to make the ps4 more social. What better way then to load right into home, or the next evolution of home?

Message 27 of 81 (274 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Feb 14, 2013

wrx009 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

I think that one of the reasons Home recieved a cold welcome from gamers originally was because it was new and had no direction from the start. It was a social platform. A platform that was suppose to gather users for social events and was looked at as a MySpace for avatars. Our Home became more than that but it took awhile to get there.

Now that we are known to be a mix between a gaming-social platform it needs to take another step and include Home as part of your XMB experience. With the inclusion and mixing of all things PlayStation, I have two wishes for PS4.

1. Make "Home2" for PS4 all new. Have everyone who logs into PS4 log right into Home2. from there you have access to everything on your XMB. Game launching, Netflix, Internet browser, Mobile phone goodies, Movies, Music, ect..  Everything from your Home.

2. Change the name of Home. It has always sounded like a Home page. it has been hard to search online for anything "Home" especially in  the early days.

just thoughts..

Don't know if it was on here, or if it was on youtube or just somewhere on the goog, but I heard of someone suggest the same thing just about. They mentioned that when you boot up your ps4 that instead of loading into your xmb you load into home and then the navigator serves as your xmb. Plus from everything I've heard and read lately on "the rumor mill" is that sony wants to make the ps4 more social. What better way then to load right into home, or the next evolution of home?

Imagine the possibilities..

getting your social and other media provided directly in home? like maybe.. purchasing an item to help pay for features. (covers the cost of the app)

1Sonywatch.jpg

HomeStationMagazine
Message 28 of 81 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

wrx009 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

just thoughts..

getting your social and other media provided directly in home? like maybe.. purchasing an item to help pay for features. (covers the cost of the app)

1Sonywatch.jpg

Then maybe we could justify $15 items.......still regreting that aweful gold suit... Smiley Sad

Message 29 of 81 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

wrx009 wrote:

Jersquall wrote:

just thoughts..

1Sonywatch.jpg

i got one of those watches and love it Smiley Very Happy  can do all sorts of stuff, but the most fun is scaring people by randomly turning on the music XD

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 30 of 81 (250 Views)
0 Likes