Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: the "gay nation"

Nov 9, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

yeah but, doesn't really have anything remotely to do with home at all. 

Why not? Are you saying there can't be gay players on Home? Gay people are just the same as you, you know. The only difference is their sexual preference. All he's doing here is looking for friends who are just like him. When you make friends you want them to have something in common with you too right? If you started a club you wouldn't want just anyone on Home to join. You'd hope to get people with the same general interests as you wouldn't you? And gay people can be just friends you know. They don't go around meeting other gay people to date and for sex. Some of them just want to be around people who are just like them. Do you have girls you know that are just friends? You don't want to date and have sex with every girl you meet right? Some of them you have no interest in that way but you like having them around as your friend right?

bobs fed signature
Message 41 of 46 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

I find it very interesting that this thread has been up for 2 days, made it to 5 pages, seen by a mod, and is still going.

Yet the last thread about a heterosexual only club was pulled down within 2 hours of it's posting.

Be One With The Game.

Message 42 of 46 (285 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2012

May I ask what was so kudosworthy about this thread that even a manager thought it was a good idea to Kudos it?? Smiley Indifferent is this what counts as intelligent, funny, and insightful to other users nowadays.. *sighs* Just check the Kudos for the opening post I think you will get your answer Sarge.

It's great that we can have clubs for all things, all purposes but still this is the wrong place to be advertising it. We got a club section still right? Then there's the activity board and word of mouth.

I also find it ridiculous how easy the gay card is played in here along with other cards in order to protect special interest groups. I'm pro equality and as part of my ideals I just think groups about ALL sexualities, politics, ethnicities, religions, and particularly groups that choose to segregate and exclude people rather than set simple requirements for their club (there IS a difference!!) shouldn't really be in Home. But hey that's just me.

Many use the excuse of "because you don't know what it's like to feel different or bullied and this group is a good place to froget that and find others like us". Well, newsflash, the same can even be said about people that hold extreme views or lifestyle choices we don't like (like for example white supremacists, black panthers, splinter baptist movements, people that are heavily into hunting and killing of animals/poaching) - they are backed into a corner and hated by society, should they have the same special treatment? I think many users here and in society have been asked to move with the times. I'd like to argue it is us that have and are very accepting so I don't understand why there is still this need to exclude the society you asked to embrace you?

Don't get me wrong here, I hope your club goes very well. I just see this come up time and time again and get special treatment over other clubs, off topic threads and troll threads. I hope things go well for you but I hope I have given you something to think about, from one HUMAN to another HUMAN, regardless of whatever it is we are or feel defines us Smiley Happy

EDIT: I'm aware this was for an event Smiley Very Happy

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 43 of 46 (278 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 9, 2012

larasshadow195 wrote:
Yea but do u need to buy the "club house" ?

On a final note no Smiley Happy you don't need to buy one just add a bunch of people and arrange times to meet or just hang out as normal and you've got yourself a club Smiley Very Happy a clubhouse helps a lot for activities but it doesn't make a club a club, the people do lol

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 44 of 46 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Nov 9, 2012

EdwCarnby wrote:

May I ask what was so kudosworthy about this thread that even a manager thought it was a good idea to Kudos it?? Smiley Indifferent is this what counts as intelligent, funny, and insightful to other users nowadays.. *sighs* Just check the Kudos for the opening post I think you will get your answer Sarge.

It's great that we can have clubs for all things, all purposes but still this is the wrong place to be advertising it. We got a club section still right? Then there's the activity board and word of mouth.

I also find it ridiculous how easy the gay card is played in here along with other cards in order to protect special interest groups. I'm pro equality and as part of my ideals I just think groups about ALL sexualities, politics, ethnicities, religions, and particularly groups that choose to segregate and exclude people rather than set simple requirements for their club (there IS a difference!!) shouldn't really be in Home. But hey that's just me.

Many use the excuse of "because you don't know what it's like to feel different or bullied and this group is a good place to froget that and find others like us". Well, newsflash, the same can even be said about people that hold extreme views or lifestyle choices we don't like (like for example white supremacists, black panthers, splinter baptist movements, people that are heavily into hunting and killing of animals/poaching) - they are backed into a corner and hated by society, should they have the same special treatment? I think many users here and in society have been asked to move with the times. I'd like to argue it is us that have and are very accepting so I don't understand why there is still this need to exclude the society you asked to embrace you?

Don't get me wrong here, I hope your club goes very well. I just see this come up time and time again and get special treatment over other clubs, off topic threads and troll threads. I hope things go well for you but I hope I have given you something to think about, from one HUMAN to another HUMAN, regardless of whatever it is we are or feel defines us Smiley Happy

EDIT: I'm aware this was for an event Smiley Very Happy

Agreed.. My first thought was "Not this again"

I don't know if you recall there being another thread similar to this about a month or two ago that I was quite active in. Trying to say a similar message to this one. Some people are just too close-minded and won't accept much of any type of society.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Honor means that a man is not exceptional; fame, that he is.
Fame is something which must be won; honor, only something which must not be lost."
Photobucket
Message 45 of 46 (241 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Nov 9, 2012

Hi everyone:

Just to be clear, if someone wants to create a thread in order to meet up with like minded individuals on the forum, that's all good.

What is not OK, is when users come in here and make the OP feel unwelcome by criticizing their plan because they have a different world view. 

If you disagree with a thread, or cannot contribute something constructive, please find a thread where you feel like you can participate.

Like Space_Cape said, please keep it respectful in here. After all, we all do have at least ONE thing in common... the love of gaming!

Thanks

traWnza

ps - as the discussion has gone way off track.... this will now be locked. Anyone who is interested in this club, please PM the OP.

Message 46 of 46 (207 Views)