Survivor
2722 posts

Re: the home foundations

Mar 20, 2007

Bobert wrote:
Better social environment

I see you've put a lot of thought into your answer

Chirp show eh? haha what is this.

Well thats the easiest way to put it! Its not a game. Its a social enviroment, to meet people and go play games with them
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 11 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Mar 21, 2007

Bobert wrote:

Bobert wrote:

Well thats the easiest way to put it! Its not a game. Its a social enviroment, to meet people and go play games with them

I was also addressing to those people who believe that home will have jobs, families, etc.
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 12 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Apr 6, 2007

default001 wrote:

Bobert wrote:

Bobert wrote:

I was also addressing to those people who believe that home will have jobs, families, etc.

deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 13 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

May 30, 2007

default001 wrote:
What do you believe the home "foundations" are? Meaning, in your opinion, why do you think Sony came up with the concept of home?

I believe that home is there to "unify" the gamers of PlayStation and that home is a visual representation of the Xross Media Bar. I believe there are only a couple of areas things home will focus on. Your avatar-Being able to customize your avatar and possibly have your avatar be a character in future games. Your apartment-there to customize and a meeting place for your friends. A visual representation of group chat perhaps? Gaming-Being able to join other friends games and set up games with people you meet in the main lobby. In my opinion this is the new 'matchmaking'; In the old matchmaking random people get selected to join your room or game. But now, you can see who you want to play with and even talk to them first, it is more selective and you have more choice on who you'd like to play with more. PS Store-Isn't home also visually the PlayStation store? If you can go to the Theater and download the latest movies and trailers or go to EA's loft, for example, and download their latest demo, does this not represent the PS Store?

I believe these are the four main things that home centers on. Of course there are other areas like mini games and the movie theater.

Too all the people that believe that jobs and BF/GF, families, roommates will be introduced into home, I asked you one simple question. Why? Why do you think Sony would introduce these four things? If Sony would truly introduce these ideas into home, wouldn't it become more of a game? For example, if hypothetically jobs were introduced into home wouldn't you have an objective to complete? Does the XMB have an objective? No, home is merely a giant match making system, a way to meet other PS3 users and to use the PS Store and check out Game developers latest projects in a more creative fashion.

Therefore I humbly tell you, these things will not be introduced into home, because then home misses the whole point it was originally created for. Thanks for reading

Great post, and I agree with many of your points.

Personally, my paramount view on Home's foundation is based on this generation and its culture's interaction within Facebook, Myspace, and soon to be Home. Especially with the Playstation 3, Sony can create a visually beautiful online community where players can express themselves through clothing, furniture, and physical motions. Sony was striving to create something revolutionary, and this is it.

On the basis of foundations, yes, character interaction, unification, and integration is a large role, yet Home gives gamers a great way to stay involved in the community. You can watch videos of upcoming games, meet other gamers like you, and strive your hardest to earn trophies and accomplishments. With an array of avatar customization this diverse, games and arcades to spur excitement and competition in the network, and an amazing way to interact within the Playstation community, I expect to see Home not only excel off of its primary foundation, but to branch out and influence the entire gaming community.

Message 14 of 14 (1 View)
0 Likes