Highlighted
Mar 12 2007
By: secure_ Treasure Hunter 5946 posts

the home foundations

13 replies 4 views Edited Mar 12, 2007
What do you believe the home "foundations" are? Meaning, in your opinion, why do you think Sony came up with the concept of home?

I believe that home is there to "unify" the gamers of PlayStation and that home is a visual representation of the Xross Media Bar. I believe there are only a couple of areas things home will focus on. Your avatar-Being able to customize your avatar and possibly have your avatar be a character in future games. Your apartment-there to customize and a meeting place for your friends. A visual representation of group chat perhaps? Gaming-Being able to join other friends games and set up games with people you meet in the main lobby. In my opinion this is the new 'matchmaking'; In the old matchmaking random people get selected to join your room or game. But now, you can see who you want to play with and even talk to them first, it is more selective and you have more choice on who you'd like to play with more. PS Store-Isn't home also visually the PlayStation store? If you can go to the Theater and download the latest movies and trailers or go to EA's loft, for example, and download their latest demo, does this not represent the PS Store?

I believe these are the four main things that home centers on. Of course there are other areas like mini games and the movie theater.

Too all the people that believe that jobs and BF/GF, families, roommates will be introduced into home, I asked you one simple question. Why? Why do you think Sony would introduce these four things? If Sony would truly introduce these ideas into home, wouldn't it become more of a game? For example, if hypothetically jobs were introduced into home wouldn't you have an objective to complete? Does the XMB have an objective? No, home is merely a giant match making system, a way to meet other PS3 users and to use the PS Store and check out Game developers latest projects in a more creative fashion.

Therefore I humbly tell you, these things will not be introduced into home, because then home misses the whole point it was originally created for. Thanks for reading
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

My Hiscores | infrared Gaming Community
Message 1 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2727 posts

Re: the home foundations

Mar 12, 2007
Better social environment
PSN : PwnStar12

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Mar 12, 2007

Bobert wrote:
Better social environment

I see you've put a lot of thought into your answer
deep, titanic, make the dance panic, one-a-penny, two-a-penny, vibe you can't manage

Message 3 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5910 posts

Mar 12, 2007

default001 wrote:
What do you believe the home "foundations" are? Meaning, in your opinion, why do you think Sony came up with the concept of home?

I believe that home is there to "unify" the gamers of PlayStation and that home is a visual representation of the Xross Media Bar. I believe there are only a couple of areas things home will focus on. Your avatar-Being able to customize your avatar and possibly have your avatar be a character in future games. Your apartment-there to customize and a meeting place for your friends. A visual representation of group chat perhaps? Gaming-Being able to join other friends games and set up games with people you meet in the main lobby. In my opinion this is the new 'matchmaking'; In the old matchmaking random people get selected to join your room or game. But now, you can see who you want to play with and even talk to them first, it is more selective and you have more choice on who you'd like to play with more. PS Store-Isn't home also visually the PlayStation store? If you can go to the Theater and download the latest movies and trailers or go to EA's loft, for example, and download their latest demo, does this not represent the PS Store?

I believe these are the four main things that home centers on. Of course there are other areas like mini games and the movie theater.

Too all the people that believe that jobs and BF/GF, families, roommates will be introduced into home, I asked you one simple question. Why? Why do you think Sony would introduce these four things? If Sony would truly introduce these ideas into home, wouldn't it become more of a game? For example, if hypothetically jobs were introduced into home wouldn't you have an objective to complete? Does the XMB have an objective? No, home is merely a giant match making system, a way to meet other PS3 users and to use the PS Store and check out Game developers latest projects in a more creative fashion.

Therefore I humbly tell you, these things will not be introduced into home, because then home misses the whole point it was originally created for. Thanks for reading

perfect summation there Default - that is the point of Home
A better store than PS store a Better lobby than a text lobby and better integration of your persona across multiples of games.
____Rumors are just that - RUMORS____

Formosa's Law: n.
“The truly insane have enough on their plates without us adding to it.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html

Godwin's Law: prov.
“As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

http://mabifiles.nexon.net/movies/teaser/embed_video/mabi_movie03.swf
Message 4 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4991 posts

Mar 12, 2007

default001 wrote:

Valid points. I don't see Sony taking Home and making it into a game. There's The Sims for that.

PSN: Gavi
Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Games Owned: Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Singstar, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, GTA IV, Uncharted, Resistance, Warhawk, , Call of Duty 4, Folklore, Oblivion, Assassin's Creed, Ratchet &; Clank, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Eye of Judgment.

PSN Games: Super Stardust HD, Pain, Wipeout HD, Flow, High Velocity Bowling, Calling All Cars, Lemmings, High Stakes Poker, Aquatopia, Lumines Supernova.
Message 5 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Mar 12, 2007
             I believe they originaly started brainstorming ideals to make the ps3 a trully next gen console ..in retrospect to **** 360 live they needed to come up with a competitive awnser ... what they came up with could be trully amazing, all we have had so far was a teaser !

think of what it could turn out to be from a "i have no idea what there working with stand point "  imagin going into a avatar frindly (website)      

1.it would be diferent from the same old most of the time boring internet !
 2. information could be obtained easier ,with imediate feed back ! 
 3. the general expience is garenteed to be much more exciting no matter what site you ++++Traveled to++++

those are just some quick ideas why i think it Could    replace the internet in time!
Photobucket
Message 6 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Mar 12, 2007

Gavi wrote:

default001 wrote:

Valid points. I don't see Sony taking Home and making it into a game. There's The Sims for that.

And it would defeat the purpose.

Message 7 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
526 posts

Mar 12, 2007

default001 wrote:

Yea the job thing would be too Sims-like for Home.  the whole gf/bf thing is going to be there whether Sony puts it in or not. People are gonna hook up like they do on online relationships and using a headset will make it all the easier. Families will probably be impossible anyways since all the avatars should be player controlled and not AI.  A roommate doesn't sound half bad either...Being able to split costs, but it wouldn't show the individuality of one user.
Message 8 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Mar 12, 2007
Nice summary. I think it has a lot to do with what Phil said at GDC and his whole speech on Game 3.0 where the player is always connected, user base content is vital, and interaction between people is a must. How else better to make this happen than to bring Home to the table, creating a needed segway for gamers to meet, communicate, network, game, and really come together as a community.
Message 9 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5946 posts

Mar 12, 2007

amazinazihn wrote:
Nice summary. I think it has a lot to do with what Phil said at GDC and his whole speech on Game 3.0 where the player is always connected, user base content is vital, and interaction between people is a must. How else better to make this happen than to bring Home to the table, creating a needed segway for gamers to meet, communicate, network, game, and really come together as a community.

Good point, Game 3.0 ties into this too.

Message 10 of 14 (4 Views)
0 Likes