Jul 15 2013
By: zombiedude245 Hekseville Citizen 289 posts

the cencering dont make sence

16 replies 547 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

why is the word "Bride" Cencered on Home?, marrege may be a curse but its not a curse word

Message 1 of 17 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Re: the cencering dont make sence

Jul 15, 2013

I mean no disrespect to you by saying this, but are you absolutely certain that you spelled it correctly in Home? Is it possible that you misspelled it at the time? Have you tried typing it again and is it censored on repeated attempts?

Again, no disrespect intended, but in your topic title and in your message body you have misspelled the following words:

censoring

don't (which actually should be the word "doesn't")

sense

censored

marriage

it's

You've also neglected to capitalize the first words of your sentences, put a comma after a question mark, and omitted the punctuation at the end of the last sentence.

It would seem that grammar isn't your highest priority and it makes me wonder if you hit upon another word by accident. Just a thought. This may seem like I'm picking on you, or even being nitpicky, but if you've made that many mistakes in such a short space, it stands to reason that an accident could have caused the censoring that you have mentioned.

I'm just trying to help you narrow this problem down, sorry if it comes across differently.

Message 2 of 17 (475 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Jul 15, 2013

IvanOffalich wrote:

I mean no disrespect to you by saying this, but are you absolutely certain that you spelled it correctly in Home? Is it possible that you misspelled it at the time? Have you tried typing it again and is it censored on repeated attempts?

Again, no disrespect intended, but in your topic title and in your message body you have misspelled the following words:

censoring

sense

censored

marriage

it's

You've also neglected to capitalize the first words of your sentences, put a comma after a question mark, and omitted the punctuation at the end of the last sentence.

It would seem that grammar isn't your highest priority and it makes me wonder if you hit upon another word by accident. Just a thought. This may seem like I'm picking on you, or even being nitpicky, but if you've made that many mistakes in such a short space, it stands to reason that an accident could have caused the censoring that you have mentioned.

I'm just trying to help you narrow this problem down, sorry if it comes across differently.

This guy knows what's up.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 17 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

IvanOffalich wrote:

censoring

sense

censored

marriage

it's

The word he was actually inquiring about was spelled correctly.

Also, I've too run into issues where the words I say in Home are mysteriously censored in Home,  yet they are uncensored when I repeat them for my friends; spelled exactly the same in both instances.

Message 4 of 17 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Jul 15, 2013

LightningEmotion wrote:

IvanOffalich wrote:

censoring

sense

censored

marriage

it's

The word he was actually inquiring about was spelled correctly.

Hey, cut him some slack, he was too busy berating the rest of the OP to notice.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 17 (439 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Yes, the word was spelled correctly in his post, but that does not mean that it was spelled correctly when he typed it in Home.

Also, I pointed out repeatedly that I was not trying to put him down, and I'd appreciate not being accused of doing so, since I made as much effort as possible to say so. 

I never said that he was a bad person. I never made judgements of his character or intelligence. I never said that he should change his ways, type like me, go back to school, pay more attention, not be so lazy, etc., etc.. Those are things that someone who was jumping on his case would have said.

What I did say is that his post has errors in it, many in fact. There is no nice way of saying that reading his post begs the question, "Did he mistype it in Home or not?", but I did try to be as nice as possible about it.

That question above must be answered before it can be said that "bride"  is indeed censored in Home.

Message 6 of 17 (421 Views)
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Jul 15, 2013

IvanOffalich wrote:

Yes, the word was spelled correctly in his post, but that does not mean that it was spelled correctly when he typed it in Home.

Also, I pointed out repeatedly that I was not trying to put him down, and I'd appreciate not being accused of doing so, since I made as much effort as possible to say so. 

I never said that he was a bad person. I never made judgements of his character or intelligence. I never said that he should change his ways, type like me, go back to school, pay more attention, not be so lazy, etc., etc.. Those are things that someone who was jumping on his case would have said.

What I did say is that his post has errors in it, many in fact. There is no nice way of saying that reading his post begs the question, "Did he mistype it in Home or not?", but I did try to be as nice as possible about it.

That question above must be answered before it can be said that "bride"  is indeed censored in Home.

Are you always this long-winded?

There is a problem that exists with the word filter in Home. I've experienced it myself.

Message 7 of 17 (408 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Yep. Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 17 (404 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4550 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Home censors the word "con" in club chat...........welll...maybe bride could be censored in channels....

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 9 of 17 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
297 posts

Jul 15, 2013

IvanOffalich wrote:

censoring

sense

censored

marriage

it's

Bride is censored in club and group channels.

Message 10 of 17 (367 Views)
0 Likes