Splicer
46 posts

Re: tax

Feb 4, 2011

I think you have to charge tax to people that live in the same state?  I have been charged tax and Im pretty sure SCEA is NOT in Hawaii lol. 
Refunds would be nice.

Message 11 of 16 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
216 posts

Feb 4, 2011

IRMacGuyver wrote:

NismoZ32_Owner wrote:

IRMacGuyver wrote:

It's about time they finally realized double taxation was illegal.  My friend was paying tax when he bought the PSN cards and when he used the points online to buy items.  If tax is charged at the point of sale you aren't supposed to charge it again.

Net neutrality is a lie. Stop acting like an idiot when you're online.

I've never been taxed for PSN cards? Maybe it's a Gamestop thing, I'm not to sure. Although I can show you the recipts for my PSN card's from Gamestop and every one of them says $0.00 for tax and a final total being $20.00 on the nose.

What state do you live in?  I'm in Tennessee (as is my friend).

I live in TN as well, and have never been charged tax on psn cards. I've bought them at Gamestop, Target, and Bestbuy.

I did notice that Target's website charges tax though, but they don't in store.

Where is your friend getting his cards? I'd recommend he find somewhere else, as they're ripping him off.

Message 12 of 16 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

Feb 4, 2011

I don't get charged tax on the cards either, but I do on virtual items. If I buy a green ticket(.99), it comes to $1.03 off my wallet.

Message 13 of 16 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
565 posts

Feb 10, 2011

TigerCub92 wrote:

IRMacGuyver wrote:

NismoZ32_Owner wrote:

IRMacGuyver wrote:

It's about time they finally realized double taxation was illegal.  My friend was paying tax when he bought the PSN cards and when he used the points online to buy items.  If tax is charged at the point of sale you aren't supposed to charge it again.

I've never been taxed for PSN cards? Maybe it's a Gamestop thing, I'm not to sure. Although I can show you the recipts for my PSN card's from Gamestop and every one of them says $0.00 for tax and a final total being $20.00 on the nose.

What state do you live in?  I'm in Tennessee (as is my friend).

I live in TN as well, and have never been charged tax on psn cards. I've bought them at Gamestop, Target, and Bestbuy.

I did notice that Target's website charges tax though, but they don't in store.

Where is your friend getting his cards? I'd recommend he find somewhere else, as they're ripping him off.

Krogers 

Message 14 of 16 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Feb 10, 2011

Indeed, Poison. Techincally online payments are only supposed to tax you if they have a physical store in the same state that you are living.

However, lately a lot of online venues have started taxing, due to laws that are trying to be passed to make ALL things taxable online. I say that's more than wrong!! Though I'm biased because I do most of my shopping online Lol

I sure hope they stopped taxing on the PSN! The tax in my area and the surrounding areas is high compared to many of the other areas ( 9%), so I think I'd like to limit any and all taxing, to the physical stores. In fact I say they should remove taxes from necessities

Are we sure they haven't just removed it "accidentally" like Chelada was joking about? Or just from certain states?

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 15 of 16 (9 Views)
Highlighted
Survivor
2603 posts

Feb 10, 2011

I agree.  If there is not a store in your state you should not be paying taxes on it.  One of the reasons why I do most of my shopping on Amazon is because there is no tax and I always do the free shipping.  It saves me a lot of money.

Play-Asia.com - Buy Games & Codes for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and PC / Mac.
Message 16 of 16 (9 Views)
0 Likes