Splicer
79 posts

Re: still a chance that they are still accepting people?

May 4, 2007

garnett215 wrote:

pixelknot wrote:
I think we are turning something good into bad by looking only at the dark side of it, what if there were not betas at all??? I've seen so many people that only wants to get in for the purpose of having something before everyone else... and if you really are into the testing thing, then you know that it takes more than that... of course it sucked how Sony picked up ppl for it, and the result of that is a non serious group of gamers will do nothing to make things better.

Those are my 2 cents

I know what you mean.. I have at least 4 people on my friends list who I know for a fact won't report a single bug or take part in any stress test etc...

All we can do now is hang on to a small thread of hope about the slow rollout (a friend of mine got his invite this morning after checking all night).. If not August/Luanch

Message Edited by garnett215 on 05-04-2007 12:29 PM

Right, that's why I'm a little disappointed of the process, because if there was no beta we would have to wait until final release anyway, but the whole purpose of it is that testers (not trialists) do the job for free, in other companies they pay around 40k a year to a bug seeker for that. I guess that filter is what makes the final cut better, the only hope I see here to get in is that they need to set up more servers in order to let more people in, and that is what's delaying the delivery of the betas.
Message 31 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

May 4, 2007

pixelknot wrote:
I think we are turning something good into bad by looking only at the dark side of it, what if there were not betas at all??? I've seen so many people that only wants to get in for the purpose of having something before everyone else... and if you really are into the testing thing, then you know that it takes more than that... of course it sucked how Sony picked up ppl for it, and the result of that is a non serious group of gamers will do nothing to make things better.

Those are my 2 cents

That's a great point. That's why I am not mad about testing the beta. I don't Ally my self with any console or company who makes them so if I don't get in something like the Home beta, I won't hold a grudge. Plus, I will always have something to do (I have PS3 360 and Wii..and it's getting hot outside ).

I'm playing Spiderman on PS3 right now. My little brother and I play the Wii when he comes over my house. Plus there is a certain beta coming out on the 360 in a few weeks that I'm in. All this with the summer coming up should keep me occupied until sign-ups begin again (if I don't forget about them)....I say if you didn't get in, enjoy other things....I'm know the people who got in are not spending 24 hours testing the beta...so you shouldn't spend 24 hours being depressed about not getting in.
Photobucket
Message 32 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
79 posts

May 4, 2007
You know what I'm talking about qvic, I'll add you to my ps3, and yeah actually it got me more disappointed the fact that I've purchased F.E.A.R. and now I feel like the worst 60 bucks I've ever spent.
Message 33 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
924 posts

May 4, 2007
I just hope I can get into the beta later this month, in May is my b-day, and it should be damn sweet if I had Home before it, that should be a kickass birthday present. lol
Message 34 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

May 4, 2007

pixelknot wrote:
You know what I'm talking about qvic, I'll add you to my ps3, and yeah actually it got me more disappointed the fact that I've purchased F.E.A.R. and now I feel like the worst 60 bucks I've ever spent.

LOL ...wow sorry...thats cool add me and I'll accept you later on.

Message Edited by QCVic on 05-04-2007 11:57 AM
Photobucket
Message 35 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

May 4, 2007
i got an invite but i kindly declined
Message 36 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
666 posts

May 4, 2007

Kryptonite23 wrote:
i got an invite but i kindly declined

Nice....  even if you did wanted it, you would probably be in the same boat as the rest of us....
Message 37 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3390 posts

May 4, 2007

pixelknot wrote:

I got ti for the pc it was fun for a while, but they blew it on ps3 like all the other ports.
Message 38 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1304 posts

May 4, 2007

QCVic wrote:

That's a great point. That's why I am not mad about testing the beta. I don't Ally my self with any console or company who makes them so if I don't get in something like the Home beta, I won't hold a grudge. Plus, I will always have something to do (I have PS3 360 and Wii..and it's getting hot outside ).

I'm playing Spiderman on PS3 right now. My little brother and I play the Wii when he comes over my house. Plus there is a certain beta coming out on the 360 in a few weeks that I'm in. All this with the summer coming up should keep me occupied until sign-ups begin again (if I don't forget about them)....I say if you didn't get in, enjoy other things....I'm know the people who got in are not spending 24 hours testing the beta...so you shouldn't spend 24 hours being depressed about not getting in.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 39 of 39 (1 View)
0 Likes