Treasure Hunter
4834 posts

Re: sexting for home items

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

stardeth wrote:

On-topic: Was the conversation prior to the PM at all possibly misleading toward behavior of this nature? I ask because it sounds like this person's not inexperienced in committing this type of lewd activity.

Edit: Off topic statement removed

Not only that, but frankly some people should learn to handle some things on their own without constantly reporting everything they "feel" is offensive in order for the mods to "sort it out".  It's all these false and or unnecessary reports that is likely one of the main reasons that moderation is so poor in Home as they have to spend so much time on unnecessary reports.

False or unnecessary reports? Did someone forgot Home is PG-13? A Family friendly app.

Chillax Doctor. Most people just ignore those two.   Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 45 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
273 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I don't believe for a second that the "girl" that approached the OP was even a girl at all. These sick little boys like to dress up as females for some strange reason and play Catfish with other guys. They obviously don't want to actually buy female items so they use scams and disgusting and lewd behavior to get what they want for free.

Message 22 of 45 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

stardeth wrote:

On-topic: Was the conversation prior to the PM at all possibly misleading toward behavior of this nature? I ask because it sounds like this person's not inexperienced in committing this type of lewd activity.

Not only that, but frankly some people should learn to handle some things on their own without constantly reporting everything they "feel" is offensive in order for the mods to "sort it out".  It's all these false and or unnecessary reports that is likely one of the main reasons that moderation is so poor in Home as they have to spend so much time on unnecessary reports.

False or unnecessary reports? Did someone forgot Home is PG-13? A Family friendly app.

Have you even seen the content in Home?  Family friendly app... icon_eek.gif

Yeah... What says family friendly more than an app with games like UPROAR that encourages gang violence and violently attacking and killing other avatars - some likely dressed in bathing suits that would even make Pamela Anderson blush.

While technically in NA you can be 13 or older to use Home, much of content in Home is clearly not family friendly.

Not only that, but reports are for notifying moderation of a rules violation.  Where in the rules is it against telling someone you will send them a pic of a breast in exchange for a gift?  It's foolish, but not against the rules as far as I have seen.  Now if they actually sent them a pic of their breast (or any breast) well then you would have something to report them for.

That said, it should not have been that difficult to understand the meaning behind my post and that far too often people rely on others to moderate behavior when all they had to do was ignore it and move on.  Moderation in Home is clearly understaffed as it is - it doesn't help when you have certain people going around reporting anyone for anything just to see what sticks... Which is clearly what some people not only do, but encourage others to as well.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 23 of 45 (281 Views)
Wastelander
558 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

stardeth wrote:

_
I'm guessing the mods are on vacation this week, because I reported this thread last night and today, and still nothing has been done to remove it or at least clean it up. Smiley Frustrated

Message 24 of 45 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 15, 2013

Icinq wrote:

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

stardeth wrote:

_
I'm guessing the mods are on vacation this week, because I reported this thread last night and today, and still nothing has been done to remove it or at least clean it up. Smiley Frustrated

Report this thread for what? The OP is asking us has anything similar happened to us. No need to report.

Want to join taco fam?

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 25 of 45 (253 Views)
Fender Bender
2003 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

Dr_Do-Little wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

stardeth wrote:

I think you forgot that Home is not PG-13.   If someone is 13 they have no right to be in Home.

Message 26 of 45 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jul 15, 2013

RichieAppel wrote:

I don't believe for a second that the "girl" that approached the OP was even a girl at all. These sick little boys like to dress up as females for some strange reason and play Catfish with other guys. They obviously don't want to actually buy female items so they use scams and disgusting and lewd behavior to get what they want for free.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Message 27 of 45 (221 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Jul 15, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

I would have immediately reported her right away. And I would never once have thought of posting the 'incident" on the forum.  We don't really need more discussions on this type of topic, do we? 

We can post whatever we want (within the Rules), but surely we know know how to deal with this type of behavior by now?

You did report her, correct?

But in all honesty, what HASEN'T been discussed on these foums?

Wow, my signature is bright!
Message 28 of 45 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Jul 15, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

I think you forgot that Home is not PG-13.   If someone is 13 they have no right to be in Home.

In NA anyone 13 or older can use Home... But that still doesn't make it family friendly... And anyone that has used Home knows this is the case.  Are there many places in Home that are family friendly?  Absolutely.  In fact I imagine even elementary school aged kids would have fun playing many of the games in Home, but there is also a lot of games and content in Home that is in no way family friendly, and most parents would likely not want even their 16 year olds using Home unsupervised.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 29 of 45 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2003 posts

Jul 15, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

In NA anyone 13 or older can use Home... But that still doesn't make it family friendly... And anyone that has used Home knows this is the case.  Are there many places in Home that are family friendly?  Absolutely.  In fact I imagine even elementary school aged kids would have fun playing many of the games in Home, but there is also a lot of games and content in Home that is in no way family friendly, and most parents would likely not want even their 16 year olds using Home unsupervised.

I stand corrected>  I thought it was 16 and over.

Message 30 of 45 (203 Views)
0 Likes