First Son
15 posts

Re: reasons why there should be an adults only sections on the HOME.

Jun 25, 2009
 I have to admit, i came to this thread to blast it. But it was thoughtful and actually made good sense.  Now i want an adult home too Smiley Wink  KUDOS!
Message 170 of 240 (6 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Jun 25, 2009
First of all its not just adults buying the games. I'm sixteen and live in a lower class household nearly every game I own or have owned in the past three years. This includes a PSP half of the cost of my PS3 half of the cost of my tv about fifty games 2-3 hundred dollars on PSN and memberships to all the game stores. In my argument thats alot of money spent for a child. Sony does not have to do anything but what they want. You did not pay for home you merely paid for things in home. Its not like any of the other systems give a free service like that for free
Message 171 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Jun 25, 2009

CALJR_8760 wrote:
First of all its not just adults buying the games. I'm sixteen and live in a lower class household nearly every game I own or have owned in the past three years. This includes a PSP half of the cost of my PS3 half of the cost of my tv about fifty games 2-3 hundred dollars on PSN and memberships to all the game stores. In my argument thats alot of money spent for a child. Sony does not have to do anything but what they want. You did not pay for home you merely paid for things in home. Its not like any of the other systems give a free service like that for free

First off I never said that ONLY the adults are buying the Sony products, however, I can remember when I was 16/17 (legal age for employment) and me personally I couldn't save up $500 to save my life, not that there aren't kids out there that can, but they would be a small percentage. Even of all the kids I currently know I only know one who has bought his own PS3 and he could only afford the 20GB system, he's also bought less than half of his games and the ones he has bought have been on the $20 clearance shelf at Wal-Mart. Most teenagers (and even young adults) aren't responsible enough with their money so even if they do wind up buying the PS3 they're pawning it a year later cause they wasted thier money to pay bills on the system. Also when you become an adult and you learn about supply and demand and consumer loyalty you will also find out that larger corporations HAVE to listen to their consumers or the consumers stop buying, being that the gaming generation is Gen X (1965-1984) and they are the majority, it would be wise for Sony to listen to us. We are the one that can afford their products and if we stop buying they lose business.
Message 172 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jun 25, 2009

CRUNKRIS wrote:

New York is not close to THE Liberal City. You might want to think of it as that way but San Francisco is THE Liberal City. Also, the word Liberal in Liberal Arts has very little to do with the views of the people in that major or in that field. Even though most Liberal Arts majors might be Liberal, the word has a much different context when put in front of the word Art. It references the meaning "relaxed" "open" "unrestrained" when put in front of the words art, it has nothing to do with social, economical or political issues. Additionally, the Liberal crowed is the PC crowed. Censorship at its best. Do you believe in Politically Correctiveness?

I belive in a HOME that is not just for kids but for adults(mostly for adults.)
look at the XI project, I doubt many kids remained interested long enough to reach the end. I say this to those who want a common space amongst kids an adults.
there has to be some reason behind the fact you are willing to play video games with little kids everyday you are on the PS Home. That reasons is your to keep private or make it public.
I visited the country of Cuba for a couple of years and lived amongst the people just like one of them, when ever a younger kid would show up and try to guide a conversation with what they thought was provacative there would alwasy be the matriarch of the family saying this.
"los niños hablan cuando las gallinas mean."
I guess the exactly translation takes away from it, but it is something along the lines of this. The kids speak when chickens pee... chickens dont really pee so there.
 this is a way of telling the kids to stay out of the adult conversations, I took w/e they said to heart, considering their education system is one of the best in the world being a 3rd world country. Their kids are very mature, more so than the kids here, they speak with out the kiddy words that kids in this country constantly use. Their youth is not sheltered wide awake and the taboos we have here and not even present in the Cuban society. 
there is somthing to be learned from the Cuban people and it is not communism, it is maturity.

Message Edited by BigBoss712188 on 06-25-2009 03:16 PM
Message Edited by BigBoss712188 on 06-25-2009 06:58 PM
"If you're good at something, never do it for free. " The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Message 173 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jul 3, 2009

bottom line and the end of the concersation is that we should not have to spend a common area with younger gamers at all times, there should a seperate M and even AO space.

thank you everyone that contributed to this thread. 

Big Boss.

JOIN OUTER HEAVEN... 

a place for us. 

"If you're good at something, never do it for free. " The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Message 174 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
389 posts

Jul 3, 2009
Well, it wouldn't work very well considering a lot of us under 18 created our accounts saying that we actually are 18 or older.  I don't want my mom being in control of my account.  And I don't want to be stuck with all the immature people.
Photobucket
Message 175 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
243 posts

Jul 3, 2009

Montzigner wrote:
Well, it wouldn't work very well considering a lot of us under 18 created our accounts saying that we actually are 18 or older.  I don't want my mom being in control of my account.  And I don't want to be stuck with all the immature people.
if you do that, it is your problem and your parents fault for being negligent, it is people like you that ruin the HOME.
in the future hopefully they will deal with that problem specially for entering A/O spaces...
read the other post we have already mentioned how to prevent such a lie. 

Message 176 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
468 posts

Jul 3, 2009
bigboss if u wer a kid u would want to play home, so yea
I Haz no sig
Message 177 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
48 posts

sage

Jul 4, 2009
nothing says "community" like segregation.
Message 178 of 240 (6 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Jul 4, 2009

BigBoss712188 wrote:

1-a credit card would grant access to the A/O or M rated areas.

Just curious and I'm sure this has probably been asked before... What about adults who do not own a credit card and are unable to get one? I know, I know, in this society it's hard to believe that some adults do not have a credit card, but they are out there.

And the Angel of the Lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then. And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!“
Message 179 of 240 (6 Views)
0 Likes