Highlighted
Jul 07 2009
By: BigBoss712188 Lombax Warrior 243 posts

reasons why there should be an adults only sections on the HOME.

239 replies 24 views Edited Jul 7, 2009

1- locked posts because they read "red light district." 
2-the adult/young adult community is tired of being aggravated by the younger gamers with their childishness.
3-It sometimes feels like we cant say anything without a MOD on HOME complaining.
4-the video game community should grow up. (look at japanese gamers they get all the good *****...)
5-it is not as if schools dont have classes dedicated to topics that would get your thread locked on the PS3 forums, or get you banned from HOME.
6- if an A/O or an M rated area is ever created it would make the amount of content in HOME grow.
7- Hopefully due to a rather strict enforcement of online code of conducts in this designated A/O or M rated areas there would be less childishness to deal with, hence it would force gamers to act in a mature manner once in these areas.
8-we want to see more M rated content on HOME.
9-gamers who are older would have a safe heaven that they would not have to share with younger gamers. Imagine some gamers have kids, not only do they have to deal with their own kids at home, but with the kids online in HOME as well.
10-an A/O area or M rated area would make it easier for the ever vigilant and some times oppressive moderators to filter the good gamers(mature yet fun loving) from the bad gamers (immature punks online who do nothing but spam harass etc.) 

**this include the adult and young adults.
Considering adult can pay more so than kids, these A/O or M rated areas would generated money quicker and with more appeal.

12- more than one adult and young adult gamers actually want Mature content on HOME.
13-the older community can clearly appreciate video games and their content more so and than the younger gamers.
14-there are already AO spaces, bars, clubs etc (in real life!) that do not allow kids. 

***naturally this could go one way or the other, there would be a mass change in the HOME app, and it would be for users of 18+ or there would be zones that would be only be for kids of a certain age, and there would be zones for adults and young "adults." Obviosly the adults would have the ability to go into either zones, but under aged children could not. That is life, that is the way things have been and will continue to be, why not on the PS HOME as well that claims to be almost a second life.

WAYS TO PREVENT FAKE INFO and FAKE ACCOUNTS***

1-a credit card would grant access to the A/O or M rated areas.
2-there would be a "parental lock" option.
3-the age of the gamer/user should be displayed on their PSN gamer ID tags.

MAINTAINING AN AO/KIDS ONLY SPACE IF IT EVER HAPPENS.

1-self governing by the gamers themselves.
2-enforcing a code of conduct not just amongst gamers but amongst people on the PS Home etc.
3-decrease in immaturity and harassment.
4-there would be a place where immature adults and and annoying kids would be sent, they can be called "the corner" or "the day care center" one week or month in one of these places and I am sure no kid or adult would dare annoy the rest of the community. On HOME OR OFF***

lets use ADULT SWIM as our main example, though I am not the biggest fan ever since Futurama was moved to C.C, It was an obvious move by the execs to attract the generations that grew up with Cartoon Network. If you haven't watched some of the shows you should as Cartoon Network airs kids shows in the morning and afternoons until later in the night where some of the commercials and shows are clearly not meant for kids.

these AO and M spaces would be a way for the gaming industry to grow with along with its older and still growing gamers.

"if you are good at something never do it for free..."
-The Joker in the Dark Knight.

I should start charging SONY for my knowledge

Message Edited by BigBoss712188 on 07-07-2009 12:42 PM
Message Edited by BigBoss712188 on 07-07-2009 12:42 PM
"If you're good at something, never do it for free. " The Joker in The Dark Knight.
Message 188 of 240 (24 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1595 posts

Re: reasons why there should be an adults only sections on the HOME.

Jun 18, 2009

Got to admit mods...he did at least come up with some argurment pointers.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 240 (24 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Jun 18, 2009
It more than likely won't happen. If you want a social community with an adults only section go on Second Life.
Message 2 of 240 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1763 posts

Jun 18, 2009
Wow I hope you aren't planning on getting an unmoderated home where you could pretend to.......... because that would be creepy.
milo128smith Trophy Card
Message 3 of 240 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Jun 18, 2009
amen >_>
_______
I believe that we'll conceive, To make in hell for us a heaven. A brave new world, a promised land. A fortitude of hearts and minds. Until I see this kingdom is mine, I'll turn the darkness into light. I'll guide the blind, my will be done, Until the day I see our kingdom has been won.
-Victory, not Vengeance "One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
VnV Nation
Message 4 of 240 (24 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1133 posts

Jun 18, 2009

well, on the forums here, 2 or 3 months ago my wife got a ban by simply asking ''what do lions, tigers, and bears mean?'' in a certain thread.i mean WOW.

on the home front- i wish there were adult servers. no offense to younger gamers/users out there, but it seems to me there would be more content available if there were adult servers....

and NO, im not talking about p*rn,lol

Message 5 of 240 (24 Views)
Lombax Warrior
232 posts

Jun 18, 2009
Now i wouldnt mind an area where my words wont be censored... but u must remember tht anyone can create an account with any age. me for example the age on my account is (too old to be alive much less playing games) Sony knows this so technically this adults only space would be trolled by kids anyway and sony cant have strange old men tlking to kids about inappropriate stuff they could get get sued. I wouldnt mind seeing the space but just dont think its gonna happen
Dwayne Mills
September 11, 1975 - August 1, 2009
Gone way too soon But i know i will see you again Love you cuz
Message 6 of 240 (24 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1763 posts

Jun 18, 2009

jayistheway wrote:

well, on the forums here, 2 or 3 months ago my wife got a ban by simply asking ''what do lions, tigers, and bears mean?'' in a certain thread.i mean WOW.

on the home front- i wish there were adult servers. no offense to younger gamers/users out there, but it seems to me there would be more content available if there were adult servers....

What else could you mean? Guns, Maybe bikinis but we already have that. Only thing I could think of was a club but even that wouldn't be so bad that we would have to shield the young ones from it (we already have a bar).

milo128smith Trophy Card
Message 7 of 240 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Jun 18, 2009
How do you think most kids got into the M-Rated spaces in the first place? If there were any AO games that caught the attention of those who make the spaces at PlayStation Home- Wait, there aren't. As for the chidish mannerisms that succumb you, as often as you might've heard it, the best thing to do is ignore them. If they continue to make burros out of themselves, then just block them. Simple as that!
Photobucket
Message 8 of 240 (24 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1133 posts

Jun 18, 2009

milo128smith wrote:

jayistheway wrote:

What else could you mean? Guns, Maybe bikinis but we already have that. Only thing I could think of was a club but even that wouldn't be so bad that we would have to shield the young ones from it (we already have a bar).

well lets see.... adult games (m-rated), more mature individuals, a REAL bar where you can buy someone a drink (lol), ect. ect.

i love home the way it is. dont get me wrong. however, i can imagine a space full of my peers-30+ individuals. it would not be the same as the ''home'' i see today.

the mods/managers know what i mean im sure. i dont think it will ever happen though

thats ok. i am proud to own a ps3 and be on playstation home- the greatest app. ever created.....

Message 9 of 240 (24 Views)