Aug 08 2009
By: Moonlight-X-Wolf First Son 24 posts

reasons why there SHOULD'NT be Adult only spaces in HOME

90 replies 61 views Edited Aug 8, 2009

Children, whether you wan't them to or not, WILL have access to just about everything on home.

It's corrupted enough, i think the mods are just starting to calm things down

It's not worth the time

If Home is to expand as wide as we all know it should, certain spaces should not be detained

It wouldn't make a difference

It'll cause game developers to make more violently and sexualy explict games, when Action is all we need

GO AHEAD AND ADD MORE REASONS IF YOU WANT...

Message Edited by Moonlight-X-Wolf on 08-08-2009 03:54 PM
Message 1 of 91 (61 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1045 posts

Re: reasons why there SHOULD'NT be Adult only spaces in HOME

Aug 8, 2009

It's pretty dumb to add adult spaces, some people have that mentality that because they are older they are mature and all the kids are immature.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 91 (61 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
24 posts

Aug 8, 2009

exactly, if you believe that spaces like that should exist, you obviously don't play Home for the right reasons.

Message 3 of 91 (61 Views)
Survivor
2609 posts

Aug 8, 2009

For a second there, I thought you were one of those people who wanted Adult-only areas. FINALLY SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENSE!

The areas my unitentionally created more sexual harrasments then their already is. Mods are trying, I think, their best to stop that. Its likes say the Mods were firefighters and the harrasment is a wildfire. Creating an Adult-only area would be like pouring gasoline all over the fire in an attempt to stop it.

Message Edited by Bulletpainpills on 08-08-2009 04:02 PM
Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 4 of 91 (61 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1524 posts

Aug 8, 2009

i wouldnt call those reasons. They are opinions.

A reason is based in fact. your list is not based in fact.

If children access adult content online from within their own home, that is their PARENTS legal fault, not the internet.

If a child gets into a bar with a fake id and drinks, it is the BARS legal responsability.

Some of us like violent video games. 
The main reason for this is because in real life, those behaviours are not acceptable. So those parts of humanity are better left to online simulacrums.

An adult section in home would provide TONS more revenue in ad dollars.

those ad dollars could go to bolster the under 21 areas on home.

peace

B

ps

this isnt a personal attack, i just think you are a lil off base on your post here. I would like to ask:

how old are you? 

Bassmeant Productions Studios
Ann Arbor Michigan
Message 5 of 91 (61 Views)
Sackboy
533 posts

Aug 8, 2009
if u want home to be totally a 13+ (PG-13) area have all the mature areas pulled out of home then........if home is to truely be a 13 + there cant be any mature contentin home...including any part of any mature game... then see how limited the spaces become in home...or games promoted in home....
2000 trophies lvl 15

HOMELING -- MS-3
Message 6 of 91 (61 Views)
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Aug 8, 2009
lol What makes you think that it's 18+ that harass and say stupid stuff? Most of the idiots in home are kiddies. Unless with age people become retards that is.
Message 7 of 91 (61 Views)
VP of Gaming
28230 posts

Aug 9, 2009

Moonlight-X-Wolf wrote:

It wouldn't make a difference...

Pardon me, but you should have stuck to the original thread (reasons why there should be an adults only sections on the HOME. ) as now we have two threads with people posting the same arguements in both. The good news is, we just increased the congestion on the first page of this forum.

I am against "adult" only spaces, but two threads regarding the same topic is rather silly. Right now, we have three threads on the front page dealing with music within Home...

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 8 of 91 (61 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

Aug 9, 2009

Moonlight-X-Wolf wrote:

Children, whether you wan't them to or not, WILL have access to just about everything on home.

Children also have access to the internet, television, movies...there is no sense in hiding what they are going to find no matter what. If anything, real parents who have some idea on how to raise their kids should educate them about harmful things and why they should avoid it instead of merely hidding information from them. In regards to Home, the managers could just make a Home space that requires a log in, like maybe the last for numbers of our credit cards and a password. 

That has nothing to do with a lack of a adult space. This is the internet after all - there are fools everywhere. An adult space has no effect on this, positive or negative. The only way to address it would be to take print screens of Home and report the problem to a mod with that print sceen showing what was said in chat. We should be able to take pictures in home anyways, so at least this could be something to see in the near future. 

It's not worth the time

That's an assumption. People say the same thing about Home itself, and it doesn't support your claim because you don't clarify how it would not be worth the time.

If Home is to expand as wide as we all know it should, certain spaces should not be detained

I'm confused by your statment here. What are you getting at, what spaces would be detained by the presense of a adult only space?

Another assumption, with no evidence to back it up. 

It'll cause game developers to make more violently and sexualy explict games, when Action is all we need

This is also an assumption, and a rather poor one. What game developers are you talking about? Rock Star? They'll follow the trend they've been doing to make money, going along with GTA 5 or 6 or whatever. What do you consider to be sexaually explict in games? Again there's GTA, and maybe GoW, but other than that, I can't think of any games that show what many would consider to be soft pron. Also, an adult only space wouldn't really cause game developers to start making new projects with sex in it because lets face it, those games never work. E3 shows a few of those games I think, or some con does, but no one pays attention to them. They aren't popular, and the sex industry knows there is no market yet for them in the gaming world. Those kinds of games are still only decent in a PC platform. 

So yeah, your reasoning isn't sound. Regardless, the whole topic is a moot point because Sony doens't have it in them to create a adult only space, not even if there was money to be made. So you can rest easy knowing the children will be safe, or whatever.

Message 9 of 91 (61 Views)
Sackboy
379 posts

Aug 9, 2009

lanis01 wrote:

Moonlight-X-Wolf wrote:

Children also have access to the internet, television, movies...there is no sense in hiding what they are going to find no matter what. If anything, real parents who have some idea on how to raise their kids should educate them about harmful things and why they should avoid it instead of merely hidding information from them. In regards to Home, the managers could just make a Home space that requires a log in, like maybe the last for numbers of our credit cards and a password. 

That has nothing to do with a lack of a adult space. This is the internet after all - there are fools everywhere. An adult space has no effect on this, positive or negative. The only way to address it would be to take print screens of Home and report the problem to a mod with that print sceen showing what was said in chat. We should be able to take pictures in home anyways, so at least this could be something to see in the near future. 

It's not worth the time

That's an assumption. People say the same thing about Home itself, and it doesn't support your claim because you don't clarify how it would not be worth the time.

I'm confused by your statment here. What are you getting at, what spaces would be detained by the presense of a adult only space?

Another assumption, with no evidence to back it up. 

This is also an assumption, and a rather poor one. What game developers are you talking about? Rock Star? They'll follow the trend they've been doing to make money, going along with GTA 5 or 6 or whatever. What do you consider to be sexaually explict in games? Again there's GTA, and maybe GoW, but other than that, I can't think of any games that show what many would consider to be soft pron. Also, an adult only space wouldn't really cause game developers to start making new projects with sex in it because lets face it, those games never work. E3 shows a few of those games I think, or some con does, but no one pays attention to them. They aren't popular, and the sex industry knows there is no market yet for them in the gaming world. Those kinds of games are still only decent in a PC platform. 

So yeah, your reasoning isn't sound. Regardless, the whole topic is a moot point because Sony doens't have it in them to create a adult only space, not even if there was money to be made. So you can rest easy knowing the children will be safe, or whatever.

Actually, I think the logic of your rebuttal wasn't sound. Just because kids will be exposed to bad stuff on the net, doesn't mean we should give up and allow it here. Just because some people will outwit restrictions to keep PS Home a clean environment doesn't mean we shouldn't TRY to stop it. 

I hope Sony might try this.

-------------------
Please help make Home better by supporting a BLOCK AVATAR function! So if a pest won't go away, and mods are nowhere to be found, just click IGNORE AVATAR, then their avatar will disappear from your screen, and your avatar disappears from their screen! Then you will be free of griefers. And they can't even see you!!!
Message 10 of 91 (61 Views)