Fender Bender
2879 posts

Re: "Sony says it will support PS3 for at least three more years"

Jun 28, 2013

At least we have some time on 3 for now, and maybe it will be on 4. That being said, one might think I am in the tank for Sony, but when it comes to consoles, I still think the best of all time was Super Nintendo( lol). I love Home on PS3 though.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 21 of 29 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 28, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

People are looking for a sign. This is a sign.

http://bgr.com/2012/09/24/playstation-3-support-2015-playstation-4-launch/

Thank you for the Link GameMachanics, that was very Enlightening Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 29 (181 Views)
Survivor
1317 posts

Jun 28, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

http://bgr.com/2012/09/24/playstation-3-support-2015-playstation-4-launch/

That's not a new article...It's old....  So no ones know for sure if PS3 will be supported 3 years after PS4 comes out now.

It might... But how long did PS2 get supported after PS3 came out? It's been so long ago i forgot when they dropped it. But i say this? If PS4 becomes PLUS only to play online.... I have a Feeling that there gonna make PS3 buy PLUS sooner or later to play online also...  Unless the Servers they are using on PS4 are new servers and they run better than what PS3 uses now they might remain free due to that being bad servers and all... LOL!

So Be it if that is the case. If we need plus to use home on the ps3, alot of us will still be here. 

Message 23 of 29 (175 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Jun 28, 2013
APP's on PS4 will be exempt from the PS+ online play regulations, Home is an APP so it should not require PS + to use. If so then Home could see a larger user base from those without PS+ which could sell more PS+ memberships. 😉
Message 24 of 29 (164 Views)
I Only Post Everything
819 posts

Jun 28, 2013
People at first were demanding for a better home on ps4...now they're reduced to wishing for home on ps3 to last a few more years....
Message 25 of 29 (147 Views)
Fender Bender
2040 posts

Jun 28, 2013

This was just published. Sony will support PS3 'indefinitely" whatever that means. http://news.yahoo.com/sony-won-t-abandon-playstation-3-playstation-4-234520358.html

Message 26 of 29 (144 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

The people that support ps3 will be too busy playing and working on ps4.  Smiley Happy

Much like microsoft supports operating systems for 5-7 yrs. win xp is dead, no longer supported. NO new fixes or updates ever.  After 3yrs the ps3 will be "AS IS" or "use at your own risk." The same will happen to ps3.

The other question, what happens to this portion of the forums after 3yrs?  Will they remain or be removed once Home is officially dead?

Will sony purge the Home code from their servers?

Message 27 of 29 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

People are looking for a sign of Home. Obviously the PS3 will still be supported for a few more years. Even if there is no Home slated for PS4, we still have a few more years to enjoy it hopefully.

Watch al2009man's video refernece in this thread, n connect the dots.

Game developement is an ongoing process, especially with PS Home. It is it's own game or 'app' as some call it, in of itself.

Likely at this point, Sony does not answer because they are not sure how to evolve it.

It could be on the PS4 at launch which is possible through it being on PSN, not our PS3's, or they may totally scrap what Home is now n rebuild it specifically for the PS4.

If this happens though, it won't be that long after the PS4 is out, as stated in al2009man's video reference, 'time to triangle' (time to build a functioning game based off the hardware available), has been drastically decreased for the PS4, verses the time it took for the PS3. if Sony or a group of developers rebuilds Home on either from scratch or online for the PS4 in front of our very eyes while we play it, it will happen much faster than you may expect.

Something *will* replace Home on the PS4, the point here is, at the longest, that may be 3 years from now.

Either way, it's an evolution n obviously not something that Sony is gonna talk about.

Maybe they just want to surprise us?

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 28 of 29 (95 Views)
Sackboy
385 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Shadow-Runner wrote:

"Support for the PlayStation 3 will continue indefinitely and the company has no intention of immediately shifting from the PS3 to the PS4."

This was worded to spin hype. Nothing is ever "indefinately" supported in the console industry. Every console has a lifecycle and every console has an eventual end. PS1 and PS2 has proven this. To think PS3 is going to run side-by-side the PS4 for all of eternity or the duration of the PS4's lifecycle....is a little absurd, to me. As soon as sales figures start to drop for the PS3, once PS4 has launched and begins streaming PS3 titles on the cloud...I guarantee you, Sony will look into dropping the PS3. This may be 3-5 years in the future, but it will happen. They just want to make sure the PS4 gets enough time to adopt as many followers as it can, before making the jump. 

Still...the $65 Million dollar question remains: What happens to Home once Sony discontinues support for the PS3? 

Sony has 3-5 years to adopt Home to the PS4. :-) This should be enough time for the transition.

Message 29 of 29 (90 Views)
0 Likes