PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Re: "Mirror of my Dreams" - WebComic

May 16, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:
thanks!

Since the panels are meant to poke fun at the world of gaming some satire is fun.

I am loving these. I think that while some might not appreciate or "get" it, that's just their opinion, and it's just as valid as anyone else's. So long as your comics are fun and related to gaming, and you enjoy making them please keep posting them. I really love the zombie one, hahahaha... I bet Deep Silver would too (makers of Dead Island), as they definitely have a good sense of humor. 

A few years ago, someone in Europe was making some cool Home-based comics that I loved reading. I wish they hadn't stopped. Yours are a nice delight to see.

Message 21 of 33 (373 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 16, 2013

Thanks i guess it is confusing especially to see so many people professing to be pro women who game and yet are endorsing a post which promotes sexism and gender biased by deliberate mis information is really odd.

Since there are many women artist in the gaming and comic industry who draw women with large breasts (ie power girl, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2).

And to hear ignorance over the term 'gamer girl' when its used in various online publications for sites talking about the video game industry and written by women....i mean the post is sexism by trying to mask it in a false post on pro feminism. Even then magazines like Maxim give tribute to the 'gamer girl' for not being afraid to show they love gaming in a world which for the longest time was publically a male only genre.

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Message 22 of 33 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

May 16, 2013

Kitty_Pyra wrote:

Thanks i guess it is confusing especially to see so many people professing to be pro women who game and yet are endorsing a post which promotes sexism and gender biased by deliberate mis information is really odd.

Since there are many women artist in the gaming and comic industry who draw women with large breasts (ie power girl, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2).

And to hear ignorance over the term 'gamer girl' when its used in various online publications for sites talking about the video game industry and written by women....i mean the post is sexism by trying to mask it in a false post on pro feminism. Even then magazines like Maxim give tribute to the 'gamer girl' for not being afraid to show they love gaming in a world which for the longest time was publically a male only genre.

For me personally I don't ever, ever remember bringing my gender into my ability to play a game or not. It isn't something I would say. It doesn't matter if you're a boy or a girl. If you're a gamer then good for you. Go play some games. I don't see what being a girl has to do with any of it and that is coming from a girl lol. Anyway you're derailing your own thread so here I'll try and put it back on topic for ya'.

I don't think the drawings are bad, I actually really quite like the drawings. I think they have a lot of potential. The storylines are good if not maybe a little brief. You could possibly try posting some more scenes with a little less text. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it Smiley Wink

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 23 of 33 (335 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Yeah, there are definitely some hot button debates going on, and then there's the misunderstanding that others don't realize when said hot button debate topics are used in comedy and creativity to explore the actual topics further, or make fun of them. People need to lighten up, and see the depth of what's in front of them instead of assuming they know what is going on. Often, this world presents things far deeper than we give it credit for.

On the topic of this creative outlet, as with anything, the more you do it, the better you'll get. You'll find your "voice," hone the style, and overall, things will get even cooler as your work evolves. I love looking back at old comic books, because you can see how the art style, comedy style and overall feeling has changed. Don't believe me? Look up some Garfield comics from the late 70s or 80s. Still good, but there's a clear difference between then and now.

Message 24 of 33 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

May 16, 2013
Practice makes perfect. Don't fret it feedback is harsh to begin with. Over time you will find your perfect balance and either the audience will learn to accept it for what it is or you will eventually find a way to put across your humor that strikes a chord with many.

You think my crappy jokes are bad now? You should have seen me a couple of years ago. I was about as funny as incarceration! As I say practice makes perfect. Practice is in session and perfection takes time. Whatever it is you want this comic to do, don't let a bumpy start put you off forever.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 25 of 33 (316 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 16, 2013
When a troll is calling a person sexist and then you say they are saying the truth... yes it brings gender into it.

If I didnt care about my story and the characters in it I wouldnt be hurt by the statements and support a troll is getting.

Do I want constructive critisim yes...

But like any writer these are characters I created and gave alot of soul into as I spent time trying to have fun with the personalities in each.

I dont expect everyone to like the comic thats unrealistic...

On reflection posting the one panels was not the best because they were actually done after the first page of the main comic... this is what I learned by some of the 'questionable' things said.

As some people pointed out... 'i am learning' how to do a webcomic.

The big word 'learning'....

Some of the one panels will actually make more sense if the main comic was shared ... even alil bit...

Smiley Sad Live an learn...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Message 26 of 33 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 16, 2013

DI Pg2.jpg

Ok .... im going to take a breather and look over my notes...

I need to really show why Miranda acts how she does...

So I'll let you all decide...

A) Begin sharing the main comic

B) Post the last one Panel comic

Message 27 of 33 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

May 16, 2013
It seems to me as if miranda is venting her frustration over a stereotype.
Getting a grip on it and taking heavy action.
Miranda is also independent and strong. But in a way seems like she lacks confidence.
Much like alot of gurl gamers..
Being in a mostly male dominated world of gaming... Gurl gamers really just want to be noticed and pretty much be of equal to their male counterparts in the world of gaming.
Where in this world gender shouldnt really play a role. But yet it does. And it will nvr go away. And as we know, Gurl gamers get somewhat cast out.
Gurl gamers are hardly accepted.
Many hate the term " girl gamer"
A look in off topics section will tell you the term "girl gamers" gets frownned upon.
And being a girl gamer is like being a noob on home. No one wants to notice..

But u go girl!!
Love the satire.
I say go more extreme.
Being controversial is really how things stand out.
Ur doing that already.
Awesome job.
- Restless Dreams.
Message 28 of 33 (254 Views)
Wastelander
252 posts

Re: "Mirror of my Dreams" - WebComic (Updated)

May 16, 2013
I like them, i make comic strips too and i know its not easy

Keep up the good work!
Message 29 of 33 (202 Views)
MVP Support
14359 posts

Re: "Mirror of my Dreams" - WebComic (Updated)

May 16, 2013

Cool comic strips, Kitty. Smiley Happy

Keep up the good work and I'll look forward to seeing more of it.

forumsignature1.png
Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 30 of 33 (198 Views)
0 Likes