Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: "Home needs to go back to its roots and start making more game related content."

Oct 2, 2012

Jack made a video, the video talked about a gaming community............. Where's the games JACK! 

Side note: Your Activity Board has been taken over by pervs and givmes... Well Done Jack!

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 21 of 34 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Re: "Home needs to go back to its roots and start making more game related content."

Oct 2, 2012

Supply and demand is the cause. You are not being supplied what you demanded. This is because the publishers are already overwhelmed by pandering to bikini-wearers, interior designers, and a conveyor belt of clones that wish to become the next Home celebrity. It is not untrue that a deal must be struck by Sony and a publisher to make one dream a virtual reality. The deal, however, is that some of those who now demand gaming items never once challenged the supply of "fame game" items. They welcomed the polar opposite of your wantings. They encouraged it. They still do. It has ultimately discouraged the likes of your precious Capcom to cooperate with the Entertainment division and have faith in its market to give them a return on their products.

There is an old saying. It is "Be careful what you wish for". The sycophants asked the Home genie for fashion, the illusion of fame, and the illusion of fortune with their first and only 3 wishes. The lamp has been rubbed, and it might be too late to return Home back to what you feel are "its roots". It is too late to ask the genie to grant this noble wish, KarateChampChad, but never too late to hope. Rally those true gamers that seek gaming items and push back or postpone those requests for utterly degrading material that only gets seen the one time in a "fashion shoot" which is nothing more than a Maxim pullout for mammals whom forget what real women look like. I for one favor your proposal of gaming virtual items. We must increase the demand once again in order to be rewarded with our much needed supply, and I am certain it can be done. Supply, and demand.

Message 22 of 34 (245 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Oct 2, 2012

As great as it is, to have as much as content as we do now.

It seems anymore, Home tends to focus on third party content and arcade machine content.

Not really actually game developer content.

Such as Capcom, SquareEnix, etc.

There's big money there to be made, yet it's not getting put into action.

This can be because Home rather focus on developers actually tied into Home, or game developers don't want to work with Home.

Message 23 of 34 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

Peter Edward interview

This Article is a little old, but it does a good job of stating the Home business model which has brought us games like Cutthroats and Mercia among others. It talks about how the home development team changed a couple years ago from developing their own content to becoming a service provider of sorts for other developers. These changes have taken time, but we are seeing it now. The latest addition Home Tycoon looks pretty amazing.

In my opinion the main stream game developers have tended to back off home because they are making their own games, and some of the developers making content for home do that almost exclusively. For example, Square Enix has 4 or 5 Final Fantasy projects in development right now. They are a very popular game franchise. I doubt they would also commit resources to developing an RPG for home, especially since the game quality in home is inferior to their standards. And simple showcase spaces just don't cut it anymore.

Message 24 of 34 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Home needs more game related content, its what drew me into the social application to begin with.

Agreed. Activision and EA etc... must not think Home is worth the effort. I mean bro..We don't even have a GOW space and GOW IS Sony...Kinda weird aint it?...Why?..
Message 25 of 34 (158 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

Would this be considered a form of blacklisting? Smiley Tongue 

Kidding, but seriously...Home needs more game related content, its what drew me into the social application to begin with. I rather have more game content than all this original crap. 

Judging by the overwhelming popularity of some of the original Home games we are seeing now, Sony probably doesn't feel this same "need"

Message 26 of 34 (129 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2012

I think it has to do with the money game developers feel they can make in Home. It's probably not something they feel is a good investment when it comes to payback given the resourses they might have to devote to developing Home content. 

I suppose there is a lot more money putting that effort and time in developing real xmb related games. I would hope that as Home grows that they might change their minds.

I'm hoping we might still see some content from RE6 soon. I'm really loved the RE5 lounge. 

Message 27 of 34 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Oct 2, 2012

In the interview Peter Edward said that they are really focusing on the total game integration and pay to play concept, and simple showcase lounges dedicated to game franchise really aren't the future of home. I guess anything is possible though.

Message 28 of 34 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 2, 2012

The gaming industry inst doing that great right now, the turn over rate in devs is high, and the economy blows so its no wonder why things arnt as they should...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 29 of 34 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I agree 100% with the title of this thread.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 30 of 34 (91 Views)
0 Likes