Sep 25 2012
By: al2009man Ghost of Sparta 13194 posts

"HOME has JUST TURNED INTO AN IGNORANT STUPID APP"

29 replies 520 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

Do you think Home is turning to an "ignorant stupid app"?

for me: (BEWARE OF CAP AND GRAMMARS) WE GOT MAJOR UPDATES ON PATCH, BETTER SPACES IN 2012, BEST FREEBISES, BETTER 3RD PERSON DEVELOPERS, MAJOR LISENT TO THE COMMUNITY AND MORE?!

I don't think its a ignorant Espudio app at all

Message 1 of 30 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: "HOME has JUST TURNED INTO AN IGNORANT STUPID APP"

Sep 25, 2012
I have always argued, it is not the tools but the wielder of those tools.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 2 of 30 (514 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I do think so. its whatever you make of it.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Message 3 of 30 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I think it is.  Everything in Home now is all about making that money for Sony.  That's okay.  I'm done with Home.  Deleted. =)

Message 4 of 30 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Wait...is the question whether it has JUST turned into an ignorant stupid app? The answer is no.

Message 5 of 30 (485 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Sep 25, 2012

HOME is what you make it.  But yes it sad the majority have made it a gang and perv place. Back in 2009 when I joined you never saw this B.s that goes on now never was pixel guns or this fam B.s....SMH home use to be "family friendly" as the sign in central plaza would say now you never see that slogan anywhere cause it is not a family friendly place it is a FAM friendly place

The pen is mightier than the sword

Message 6 of 30 (481 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Sep 25, 2012

al2009man wrote:

Do you think Home is turning to an "ignorant stupid app"?

for me: (BEWARE OF CAP AND GRAMMARS) WE GOT MAJOR UPDATES ON PATCH, BETTER SPACES IN 2012, BEST FREEBISES, BETTER 3RD PERSON DEVELOPERS, MAJOR LISENT TO THE COMMUNITY AND MORE?!

I don't think its a ignorant Espudio app at all

It seems you have accidentally stumbled into the english speaking forums my friend.

Message 7 of 30 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

myalana wrote:

Wait...is the question whether it has JUST turned into an ignorant stupid app? The answer is no.

No. Home is not sentient...yet Smiley Indifferent

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 8 of 30 (459 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Sep 25, 2012

It's all about the money, with Home. It's not the app., that is ignorant, because they have come along way.  But, its SONY that is ignorant and think they have leverage, but really they don't. 

Message 9 of 30 (435 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

rramsdell wrote:

It's all about the money, with Home.

Just Home? I'm pretty sure everything is about money and sex these days. Free to Play is a business model Sony Online Entertainment and Computer Entertainment can take some credit for trendsetting. What I never understand is why people in a F2P world, complain about people supporting it and keeping it alive by buying things. Just don't buy anything if you feel that way, and leave it to us. We'll pay the bill AND tip the waiter. Just enjoy your free meal already.

rramsdell wrote:

But, its SONY that is ignorant and think they have leverage, but really they don't. 

Home wasn't profitable. Now it is. Shame that can't be said about most of the other divisions Sony Inc. is split into. As far as virtual worlds go, they might also have abit of leverage there as well.

Going back to the original question, though, I agree with you. Problems are not with the app, or who makes it, but who gives all the orders that determine the future of the app itself. The consumers also play the biggest part in the experience. In a social world, you need people. And if all the people are antisocial or not encouraged to be friendly, you will have a failed prodcut. And let's face it, people in Home aren't encouraged to be the bright sunflowers of your life...

They are marketted at with Western guerilla tactics that involve dividing users into classes, making them compete over things that needn't be fought over, constantly asking them to stay on top of their game, constantly pushing sexualized objects onto a younger target audience much like real world marketting as part of this competition, and teaching everybody all the wrong things about what should make you special as an individual.

@conrad_max

Message 10 of 30 (418 Views)