Highlighted
Jun 11 2013
By: infamousgodV2_0 Lombax Warrior 196 posts

"Free" month of Plus & Muisc Unlimited

22 replies 752 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

Its not really free people i just tried both codes and both codes said in order to us this u must save CC information. So its only free if u give sony your CC information SMH.

Message 1 of 23 (752 Views)
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Re: "Free" month of Plus & Muisc Unlimited

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

you input your card info, use the code, then delete your card info if you dont want sony to have it. easy as pie.

you will still remain a PS+ member even if your credit card info was deleted from your account.

Message 2 of 23 (743 Views)
Survivor
1691 posts

Jun 11, 2013

infamousgodV2_0 wrote:

Its not really free people i just tried both codes and both codes said in order to us this u must save CC information. So its only free if u give sony your CC information SMH.

That's still free. Companies, such as Sony, offer this program because they profit from the people who fail to opt out of the automatic contract renewal at the time the offer expires. The only viable way to do this is by holding a valid credit card.

If you don't want either or both of the codes PM me it/them.

Message 3 of 23 (731 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Se is it as simple as that? I have no CC myself (still owe thousands from a maxed out card in my teen years Smiley Tongue) but if I get my fathers CC info for example, use that and delete the info after what then?
Support Forums
Message 4 of 23 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Its not "free" but its free. Just cancel as Moff explained.
Message 5 of 23 (702 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Se is it as simple as that? I have no CC myself (still owe thousands from a maxed out card in my teen years Smiley Tongue) but if I get my fathers CC info for example, use that and delete the info after what then?

Sony just needs a card to activate the code. once its active and you are a PS+ member go into your account settings and delete your billing info and youre all set.

you will be a PS+ member for the 30 days even without card info stored to your PSN acount, and once those 30 days are up you will revert back to a regular PSN user.

ive done it before with free 30 day vouchers. i dont like my card info stored on the PSN, so i always delete it after i make a purchase anyway.

and just a fyi for anyone who doesnt know, debit cards work also.

Message 6 of 23 (678 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Well I should be able to get an alternate account into X7 after activating plus. There are a lot of nice free exclusive items there! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jun 11, 2013
Thanks se for the info then. Heads up for Canadian users though about prepaid CCs I heard a few months ago that we cannot use those with plus trials for some odd reason. I remember a thread made about it on another site I frequent with many users verifying. US residents seemed to have no issues with it.
Support Forums
Message 8 of 23 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Jun 11, 2013

I have a Gift Credit/debit card....can I use that instead? (I'm extremely paranoid to put my card info online :/)

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 23 (623 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34148 posts

Jun 11, 2013

Rene_Led wrote:

I have a Gift Credit/debit card....can I use that instead? (I'm extremely paranoid to put my card info online :/)

not sure, try it and see.

not like someone is going to instantly steal the card number when you put it in. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 23 (601 Views)
0 Likes