Aug 15 2012
By: ILLUMIN-X Fender Bender 3241 posts

"Avalon Keep": By Heavy Water

[ Edited ]
122 replies 2360 views Edited Aug 17, 2012

If anyone had any doubts about purchasing this vast space I strongly encourage you to get it. The Dragon Fly feature allows you a birds eye view of your kingdom, and the ability to change your crest colors is well worth the steep 9.99 price tag.

Plus there are furniture rewards for the owner, a gifting machine, a scavenger hunt..and I'm still finding stuff as I go.

Heavywater did an amazing job on this space.

AvalonKeep_Splash_tiny.jpg

*Also there are areas that are only accessable using the "Dragon Fly" feature which allows you to fly into open tower windows.

Be sure to first check out the Gifting machine ...on my first visit I received the bench.

Then explore your "Keep" and interact with the guards and find your exclusive crown good only for owners who purchase Avalon Keep within the first 30 days.

RoyalCrystalCrown_M_128.pngRoyalCrystalCrown_F_128.png

After that venture outside of the courtyard and find Gisele.

The first item in the scavenger hunt is a Gargoyle statue which is located to the left of entering the main hall of your Castle, go all the way around till you see the lone guard positioned at the closed gate of the vermin infested basement. The Gargoyle statue will be next to him in a dark corner.

The second scavenger hunt reward offered by Gisele is located at the pond and is a "Satyr" statue. (For those not knowing what a Satyr is here's the definition):

sa·tyr

noun /ˈsatər/  /ˈsātər/ 
satyrs, plural

• One of a class of lustful, drunken woodland gods. In Greek art they were represented as a man with a horse's ears and tail, but in Roman representations as a man with a goat's ears, tail, legs, and horns
  • A man who has strong sexual desires
  • A satyrid butterfly with chiefly dark brown wings

The 3rd item in the scavenger hunt is a bit more tricky and had me searching for close to 45 minutes but can be found undernath the castle nearest the drawbridge gate. You MUST use the Dragon Fly feature to access this area. After discovering the "Wizard Statue" go back to Gisele for your next quest.

Your 4th quest after revisiting Gisele is a Cherub statue that sits on a tower ledge  to the left of the old man in the courtyard. This was found pretty quickly and expect images of the quest items shortly.

If you return to Gisele you may **bleep** her off and she won't hesitate to inform you "she isn't an item factory and to shooo." So as of today there are only 4 quest items, but its a safe bet more will be added.

Items from the Avalon Keep Gift Machine

*Special thanks to CrazyDuck23 for his help identifying the gift machine items

(You have to leave and return to recieve them and they are in no particular order)

• Wooden Bench
  • Braced Table
  • Wooden Wheelbarrel
  • Faire Chair

Also Avalon Keep has an alliance quiz which was put out by Heavy Water which you can participate in here: ALLIANCE QUIZ

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

Message 1 of 123 (2,360 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
400 posts

Re: "Avalon Keep": By Heavywater

Aug 15, 2012
I was going to slow down on buying in home. I've made a couple huge purchase in the past few months I've really regretted. Unfortunatly I think I have to have this space. To bad I just got off work(I work nights) and my power is still off. Went off when I left for work last night.
Message 2 of 123 (2,343 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 15, 2012

crazyduck23 wrote:
I was going to slow down on buying in home. I've made a couple huge purchase in the past few months I've really regretted. Unfortunatly I think I have to have this space. To bad I just got off work(I work nights) and my power is still off. Went off when I left for work last night.

Aww that sucks..you'll really like this space and the guard interactions along your scavenger hunt quest

Message 3 of 123 (2,315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Aug 15, 2012
I like how the guest can stay even if you go to another part of the Keep.....this is how I wish the mansion would be like...
Message 4 of 123 (2,312 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Oh wow I hadnt even noticed that yet...thats yet another plus for the WOW factor

Message 5 of 123 (2,297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2012

If your a Home enthusiast,been here and done it, this is something that you will want to pick up. Sims folks, Free Realm alike will enjoy this. Low Frame rate bothers me a bit,but ...It's Home.

Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 123 (2,288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Yes Heavy Water has made a gold mine.....I don't even mine the furniture prices....I can't wait to purchase them so that more areas would be open.
Message 7 of 123 (2,282 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2432 posts

Aug 15, 2012

king_of_games30 wrote:
Yes Heavy Water has made a gold mine.....I don't even mine the furniture prices....I can't wait to purchase them so that more areas would be open.

Hold on, you need to BUY furniture as an unlock for parts of the PERSONAL SPACE you just purchased??? PLEASE tell me you mis-typed... Smiley Mad

Photobucket
Message 8 of 123 (2,274 Views)
Wastelander
635 posts

Aug 15, 2012
Wait....only two rooms...a Throne Room and Dining Hall? I really hope one of those blocked entrances open soon and give us more rooms? Like bedrooms?? Us deco freaks like decorating, and to be honest...I at least need a place to sleep in each space. I guess for now my bed us going to have to be in the pond! lol Well, one plus...it's under the stars?
Message 9 of 123 (2,269 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

Aug 15, 2012

NO...you start with free rewarded furniture but have the option to change your kingdoms allegiance. By doing so your crest colors change and you would probably want to purchase new furniture to match your kingdom's new crest colors because it changes the decorum inside and outside (as well as the guards uniforms).

Message 10 of 123 (2,266 Views)
0 Likes