Highlighted
Wastelander
588 posts

Re: "Avalon Keep": By Heavy Water

Aug 15, 2012

chelada wrote:
We don't need to buy the furniture to get access to the closed rooms do we?

No, it doesn't seem like buying furniture unlocks anything. I bought one of the furniture bundles and the rooms are still locked.

Message 51 of 123 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 16, 2012

This by far has answered many requests we have had for a long time.

1. Moving to different parts if an island or space without DL, you can go from castle to clock space to pond through draw bridges. People everywhere.

2. Change time of day. We can even change the how the clock runs. 

3. Skin the space. This while were in it, for everyone to see to much awesomeness.

4. Fly the magic Dragon fly. We can go anywhere without glitching. More than one can fly at a time. Even go into buildings where avi"s can not go.

5. Guests can gift themselves. 

6. Interactive people who care. LOL

7.  And the knowledge we will get updates from a Dev who cares about US.

Thank you HW, for listening to our prayers. I am awaiting more from this space as it is my all time favorite now.

Message 52 of 123 (448 Views)
Fender Bender
3241 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

Plus the perks and minigame scavenger hunt rewards are all worthwhile

Message 53 of 123 (446 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Being somewhat new on Home, there's still so many personal spaces I haven't bought yet. I was actually planning on getting the Dream Yacht soon for the same price as Avalon's Keep. So now I'm unsure if I should get this space first. Or wait until the developer's work the bugs out first and get the dream yacht for now. I do like that there's actual npc's in this space though. That was one of the things I said in the suggestions forums last month, that the personal spaces should have npc's.

bobs fed signature
Message 54 of 123 (418 Views)
Lombax Warrior
171 posts

Aug 16, 2012

This would keep me enterteined for an hour..not bad I guess. I'm surely being more cynical than needed. 

I thought this was going to have a realistic look and feel to it show in the screenshot. I guess they decided to change their core demographic at the last moment, and have the kiddies buy it because happy fun happy fairytale land is more appealing. Since I'm not in the demographic this doesn't interest me at the very least, I can say for those it's targeted should be fun for them, nice rewards for them, not at all my style, but I hope whoever buys it, they'll enjoy it.

Message 55 of 123 (415 Views)
Heavy Water Developer
90 posts

Aug 16, 2012

maxima24 wrote:

This by far has answered many requests we have had for a long time.

1. Moving to different parts if an island or space without DL, you can go from castle to clock space to pond through draw bridges. People everywhere.

2. Change time of day. We can even change the how the clock runs. 

3. Skin the space. This while were in it, for everyone to see to much awesomeness.

4. Fly the magic Dragon fly. We can go anywhere without glitching. More than one can fly at a time. Even go into buildings where avi"s can not go.

5. Guests can gift themselves. 

6. Interactive people who care. LOL

7.  And the knowledge we will get updates from a Dev who cares about US.

Thank you HW, for listening to our prayers. I am awaiting more from this space as it is my all time favorite now.

Maxima24, we are humbled at your appreciation for the space. Thank you for the lovely post. Smiley Happy

We hope that we can continue to bring you all great things within the space and expand outside of it! 

-HM

Message 56 of 123 (391 Views)
Heavy Water Developer
90 posts

Aug 16, 2012

ApolloDecertus wrote:

This would keep me entertained for an hour..not bad I guess. I'm surely being more cynical than needed. 

I thought this was going to have a realistic look and feel to it show in the screenshot. I guess they decided to change their core demographic at the last moment, and have the kiddies buy it because happy fun happy fairytale land is more appealing. Since I'm not in the demographic this doesn't interest me at the very least, I can say for those it's targeted should be fun for them, nice rewards for them, not at all my style, but I hope whoever buys it, they'll enjoy it.

ApolloDecertus

Thank you for the open minded approach to our space. It definitely has a more whimsical look. I hope you can find some things you like from the Avalon universe in the future. We have plans for realistic Avalon clothing pieces, similar to VeeMee's King and Queen outfits. As well as mini-games/public space planned in the future Smiley Happy 

-HM

Message 57 of 123 (387 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Aug 16, 2012

GASP... I ran into the furniture bug. I was only about 7 slots away from a full deco, but I got the dreaded "You have too many furniture pieces stacked too closely together... blah blah blah". Sigh. I was having a LOT of fun decorating it too! The space is lovely, and the day/night controls are really amazing. I also really enjoying being able to change the allegiance colours... they contrast very well with the furniture that comes with the space.

I was even enjoying the music! And I had some friends over tonight, and one of them asked if she could marry her BF in the space (I created a wedding area, and a pictures area with cake and balloons).

I wonder if the problem is that I... possibly... put some furniture where it wasn't supposed to be? There are two fireplace hearths in the dining hall, and they are big and flat. I put a chair up there, but couldn't target it from the floor. I tried to remove it, and got the dreaded furniture bug notice.

Now here is a very interesting thing... the furniture bug only appears in the North Tower! I can still place furniture in the courtyard and by the pond.

Message 58 of 123 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Heavy Water Developer
90 posts

Aug 16, 2012

CameraCat wrote:

GASP... I ran into the furniture bug. I was only about 7 slots away from a full deco, but I got the dreaded "You have too many furniture pieces stacked too closely together... blah blah blah". Sigh. I was having a LOT of fun decorating it too! The space is lovely, and the day/night controls are really amazing. I also really enjoying being able to change the allegiance colours... they contrast very well with the furniture that comes with the space.

I was even enjoying the music! And I had some friends over tonight, and one of them asked if she could marry her BF in the space (I created a wedding area, and a pictures area with cake and balloons).

I wonder if the problem is that I... possibly... put some furniture where it wasn't supposed to be? There are two fireplace hearths in the dining hall, and they are big and flat. I put a chair up there, but couldn't target it from the floor. I tried to remove it, and got the dreaded furniture bug notice.

Now here is a very interesting thing... the furniture bug only appears in the North Tower! I can still place furniture in the courtyard and by the pond.

Well, I am unsure of that bug. It is very strange. I have placed furniture on the mantle, but never a chair. It would most likely me too far out of reach from the floor to target it. Have you tried removing it from the Organize feature of the Furniture browser? 

As for a wedding in the space, that is GREAT! I would *love* some pictures of that. Smiley Happy Send them to my PSN: HeavyMystik [US], Heavy_Mystik [EU]. Or to info@heavyh2o.com. Whichever is easiest Smiley Happy

-HM

Message 59 of 123 (350 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Aug 16, 2012

The strange furniture bug has hit a number of personal spaces... I think it started with the Beach Bungalow space, then people started seeing it in other new purchases, including the Southern Island Hideaway, the Konami Jet Set apartment, and recently BluePrint (there are other spaces too, at least 6 in total... I can't remember them all right at the moment). A notice pops up on the screen when you try to add, move, or even delete furniture, informing you that "You have too many furniture pieces stacked too closely together. You need to... " uhhh, OK, I can't remember exactly what the notice says, but it basically suggests your move your furniture so the pieces aren't stacked so closely together. Unfortunately, you can't. You just keep seeing the notice every time you try to move, add, or delete furniture.

It's been complained about a lot... the support forum is full of notices (here's the latest I read: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Dreaded-Furniture-placement-error-me...

Well, actually, in BluePrint, I have managed to manipulate it somewhat, once by using the Organizer feature of the furniture browser. Another time, it allowed me to remove a furniture item (which I suspect was an item that was causing problems because of its size... BluePrint is a bit fussy about large items of furniture that sit near corners.).
Alas, the Organizer feature did not fix the problem in my beloved Keep. I tried it, but just ended up getting the notice again.

Anyway, just a bit of background info for forum people and HM.

Message 60 of 123 (326 Views)
0 Likes