Jun 11 2014
By: mkmarsh First Son 3 posts

ps home's eventual demise

10 replies 485 views Edited Jun 11, 2014

so just a thought. since it is destined to be dropped eventually moving onto better time spent working for the ps4, an idea for   the loyal ps HOME fans with time and money invested already. now i know that home is basically now a headache for sony; massive amounts of resources and people needed to keep an eye on, fix, etc. to keep home running.  so....turn the clock back to when we used to save all our info on our systems for home. easy enough. what if they, before aceing it off the grid, they made a HOME package you can buy. a bundle, as it were. basically like a 'game' for personal use. they would have to streamline it. use pretty much just THIER public spaces since the pain in the butt it would be to get other companies to go along with it. drop the stores in those spaces. pretty much it would be a private program for each individual that buys it. look at it like the game MINECRAFT. it would be self contained; no more updates, once its out there, thats it. you would have your on private home, not a quarter as big as it is now, but STILL! you have all your items already purchased, not lost. a good chance you could decorate the public spaces now since basically you own them. make it like said game MINECRAFT. your own server, with the option of allowing others or just friends with the same package bought to join you. sony wouldnt have to keep an eye on it, you would be your own server. if you glitched it and it messed up? then thats your own problem, like any other game you mess with. once the package is done and ready to sell, then they can basically wash thier hands of this massive headache of thiers. make thier money from people buying this package; i mean thier going to drop it one day anyways! this way, we have our beloved home still, they wont hear endless complaints of people wanting the money back they invested..even though that is already in their agreement we 'agreed' to. this way thier happy (making money off it still) and not having to bother working on it any more, we're happy (get to go on home lag free and any time we want and not lose what we invested) and sony can move on to more important things to them. now, in the way of buying things we dont have, keep the 'inspect' but open it wide up. let us inspect people that are on 'friends list' that own the game too, and let us snag said items off each other. up to them if money is collected or if you just want an option to 'allow' certain items or not at all to be 'snagged' off your avi.  i just feel that if its possible to make this, i'd sooo buy it just to not lose my belove home completely. i mean heck, the thing has been free all these years and we STILL complain about things on it!  i'd pay a onetime package bundle for it just to 1:keep my home and 2:have A PRIVATE SERVER, BABY!!  WOO HOO!

Message 1 of 11 (485 Views)
Monster Hunter
14 posts

Re: ps home's eventual demise

Jun 11, 2014
How about we stop complaining? ^-^
There's more to life than PlayStation Home.
Message 2 of 11 (432 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 11, 2014

Man SurprisedBah, my eyes, wall of text.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 3 of 11 (385 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Jun 11, 2014

'Home is dying.'

'Home is on its last breath.'

'The end is near,'

Those are just a few things to tell you that you need to get off Home, go outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Just because you say it's dying, doesn't mean it is.  Just saying. 

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 4 of 11 (362 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 12, 2014

LMAO! that was it? the extent of comments? 'go outside'? holy crap, why bother saying anything?!   i was hoping for at least a serious answer or possibly a good discussion. why bother reading it at all unless your just trolling to bash things. i dont go on 'COD' sights and tell them to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. wth. unless your seriously going to comment on the subject, try to grow up a bit and stop trolling. pretty sad, kids

Message 5 of 11 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10878 posts

Jun 12, 2014

now i know that home is basically now a headache for sony; massive amounts of resources and people needed to keep an eye on, fix, etc. to keep home running.

False. If Home for even a moment took Sony effort to maintain they would close it in a hearbeat, it continues to run because it makes Sony money enough to offest its cost. 

look at it like the game MINECRAFT. it would be self contained; no more updates, once its out there, thats it.

Minecraft has been regularly updated on weekly basis since it was in alpha. This was litterally the single worst game you could possibly compare it to.

Sorry you lost me about here when you started talking about selling a free to play service that lives and dies by its userbase off, because this would:

1. Require massive R&D to update Home to work in this way

2. Be purchased by a VERY VERY small number of people

3. Be more or less defunct in a matter of weeks. 

@Jim777PS
Message 6 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11574 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 12, 2014

mkmarsh wrote:

i was hoping for at least a serious answer or possibly a good discussion. why bother reading it at all

There's your problem. I don't think anyone would even bother. Besides, this thread isn't any different than the other 20 that has been created over the last week.

Not to single you out, but this forum has gone downhill in the last week. The front page has had multible threads on the end of Home, no E3 on Home, and countless other ridiculous spinoffs.

A few even managed to turn the Upcoming Home Content thread into a stupid debate.

Message 7 of 11 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jun 12, 2014

Welcome to the forums, mkmarsh. It sounds like you really like Home and you're not alone on this board. Unfortunately you seem to have joined us here at a time of upheaval. Almost everyone is pretty upset, bummed out, frustrated or at least a little disappointed in the lack of a virtual E3 space in Home this year and all the things that might indicate.

I like that you're trying to come up with solutions for when Home is no longer supported in it's current fashion, but I am skeptical Sony would ever consider undertaking a project such as the one you describe. I encourage you to stick around, read some of the other threads and comment on the ones you find interesting. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 11 (204 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Jun 12, 2014

mkmarsh wrote:

LMAO! that was it? the extent of comments? 'go outside'? holy crap, why bother saying anything?!   i was hoping for at least a serious answer or possibly a good discussion. why bother reading it at all unless your just trolling to bash things. i dont go on 'COD' sights and tell them to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. wth. unless your seriously going to comment on the subject, try to grow up a bit and stop trolling. pretty sad, kids

First of all I was just giving my two cents.

Second of all I'm not going to read a wall of text that isn't worth reading.  I'm sorry, but unless you can narrow it down to a few words per sentence than I will consider reading the whole thing.

Also, I love the fact that I'm being called a troll.  Finally, someone understands now.  Smiley Indifferent 

/Sarcasm

Oh and just to clarify things, ahem... I wasn't basing the whole Go outside thing towards you, I was basing it towards everyone.  Including myself.  Perhaps maybe we all should go outside and cool our heads off from Homes craziness. 

Just a tiny suggestion.  

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 9 of 11 (194 Views)
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Jun 12, 2014

I've yet to comment on this issue over the past  week instead choosing to stay away from the forums for a bit. I knew of this well before the 6th but i wasn't gonna come here to complain and whine about it.   It's not surprising about Home support dropping but still a little sad as i've had fun times here i'll remember fondly.  This won't happen for a long while anyways so enjoy it while it lasts.   This is gonna hit others rather hard and some aren't taking the news very well, it's like a punch to the face because it's all they have and they play nothing but Home.  I play Home after some gaming to relax and to chat with friends, i'll get more games done without the Home distraction is how i see it.  

I never try anything, i just do it, wanna try me?
Message 10 of 11 (149 Views)
0 Likes