Keyblade Wielder
10027 posts

Re: playstation home is lazy

Apr 23, 2010
Home isnt lazy, he's a very naughty boy.
Message 21 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
938 posts

Apr 23, 2010

eastavenge wrote:
Home isnt lazy, he's a very naughty boy.

LOL   While there is room for improvement, as with just about anything, I wouldn't say they are lazy. As its already been said, there is getting the companies who owns the franchises to agree to it, there is legal stuff to get through, making the product, making sure it works/debug it, etc. I think that once they get more devlopers/franchises on board with Home, I can see the time frame of getting new items getting shorter and shorter

Photobucket

Message 22 of 27 (1 View)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Apr 23, 2010

YouRookMahvelous wrote:

Criticism is never a bad thing 'cause there always is room for improvement, and it keeps things in check.

I'm sorry but criticism most certainly can be a very bad thing when it is based on untruths, gross exaggerations and pure speculation.... which is what I see a lot around these parts.  Just saying.  It is most often completely counterproductive, distracting, and rarely offers any value other than to those that get a kick out of "stirring the pot" and drawing attention to themselves.

Criticism, especially constructive criticism based on real facts and reasonable speculation is indeed a great opportunity for companies to improve their products... However from what I have seen, the vast majority of the whining and complaining and criticism in these forums and frankly the Internet in general, shows very little if any of that.

As if that isn't bad enough, seeing as they rarely have any facts that actually support their 'opinion', when anyone questions their validity or heaven for bid, post factual information that proves they are not telling the truth, they simply dismiss them as being a fanboy... when in fact, the common attribute of a stereotypical fanboy and a troll/griefer/hater is that they allow their extreme bias and personal agenda to negatively influence their behavior, often resulting in them posting things that are blatantly untrue, grossly exaggerated, and at the very least terribly misleading.

If there was a filter option that eliminated all posts from fanboys/girls, trolls, griefers, haters, etc - I would use it in a heart beat.  Frankly, they spoil what otherwise could be a tremendous opportunity to have reasonable discussions that could benefit everyone.

(OK, getting off the soap box before some fanboys/girls, trolls, griefers, haters, etc tries to knock me off)

BTW: In terms of content, updates, promotions, events, etc - I bet most people have no idea how much Home has grown.   To put it in perspective, the first six months or so after Home went into Open Beta we basically had two personal spaces, a handful of public spaces, only a few games, and very few items, and very little content.

Fast forward a year, and we now have thousands of Home items released, nearly a hundred personal spaces, nearly a hundred public space, far too many games to even try and count, constant updating of the content in the theaters among many other updates, and so on and so on.  I'm sorry, but to even suggest Home developers and managers are lazy not only is far fetched, but it's as if you aren't even aware of how much Home has grown, and how much content is constantly being added.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 23 of 27 (1 View)
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Apr 23, 2010

YouRookMahvelous wrote:

Criticism is never a bad thing 'cause there always is room for improvement, and it keeps things in check.

Criticizing the wrong people is plain idiotic.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 24 of 27 (1 View)
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 23, 2010

Nothings perfect so it's always best, in my opinion, to be overly critical than not to be overly critical, it helps raise the bar and keep the standard high. That's all I was trying to say but my english isn't so good.

Message 25 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Apr 23, 2010

D-Nitrate wrote:

BTW: In terms of content, updates, promotions, events, etc - I bet most people have no idea how much Home has grown.   To put it in perspective, the first six months or so after Home went into Open Beta we basically had two personal spaces, a handful of public spaces, only a few games, and very few items, and very little content.

Yea,,and the only game we had we used a stick..a stick I tell ya..A stick.

Message 26 of 27 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
29 posts

Apr 24, 2010

hello i just wanted to come on to this post today to apologize for my bashing of playstation home. I actualy do enjoy playstation home and i realize how much work it goes into making content im soory if i really severly affended somone but that does not justify for how rude i was treated on this forum.  we are a community why should we put each other down we all love are system the ps3 and we enjoy the sony brand

Message 27 of 27 (1 View)