Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Re: playstation home is lazy

Apr 23, 2010

Ah put a BioSock in it

JK OP - lazy or not I think game related merchandise is all up to the game developers to get on board and make things for Home... So far it seems to be a second guess situation and I for one am hoping that more items will be released in accordance with the future game releases...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 27 (3 Views)
Sackboy
458 posts

Apr 23, 2010

I have the pre ordered big daddy suit but I like the original biosock =] one they have for sale....wish I could trade =]

Photobucket
Message 12 of 27 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Apr 23, 2010

Let's stick to the topic and please lay off the negative remarks directed at others.  Thanks.

Message 13 of 27 (3 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 23, 2010

I honestly can't see Sony adding that much more to home (talking about new spaces) due to the machines limitations. Central Plaza has gotten a bit jerky lately.

Edit: Consoles have never been good at doing these types of games because you need lots of ram.

Message 14 of 27 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3844 posts

Apr 23, 2010

I would really love to see a feature on just what it takes to get an item into home. Whether that is a video diary, a featurette of some sort, or just a list of steps; I think it would be really neat to see. I think most people would be surprised at what it takes. Would there be any way to make this happen?

Obviously there involves meetings with publishers, correspondence with game devs, probably some facilitation of legal teams, several internal meetings, and that is before the production cycle even starts. Salaries must be paid all the way. For an item that just costs a buck or two.....that's a lot of work.

also....

Avara wrote:

Let's stick to the topic and please lay off the negative remarks directed at others.  Thanks.

Thank you!!!!

Message 15 of 27 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Apr 23, 2010

molt2000 wrote:

ok so today i thought i would voice something not many people always do i dont know why but i have felt for the past couple of months that the home team is just lazy i mean releasing game content almost a month of its release thats just bioshock 2 came out weeks ago and were just getting the costumes now developers churn out dlc faster than u can devolp cloths and most of the time thats all we get on thursdays is crap that we should have had weeks ago and we also have to pay oh wait we have the chance to win something almost every week but the directions of how to enter are so unclear and are a joke also events such as game launching are a joke half the people dont even launch into anything i went to a game launching and all it was a bunch of people freaking dancing talking about how to game launch events in playstation home are completly and utteryl unorganized i do not think home team cares wouldnt make sense releasing avatar costumes cause fo the release of avatar on dvd no instead we get biohsock 2 costumes when it came out weeks ago im sick of it feel free for anyone to share there opoinon or complaint

Sony has no control over releasing Avatar costumes. That is up to the movie company that Sony works with. It's the same for the clothing and costumes that get released. Sony worked with Square Enix to get the Final Fantasy XIII costumes released. Sony worked with LucasArts to get Star Wars/Indiana Jones/The Secret of Monkey Island.

Sony does not own any of those brand names, therefore they can only ask the owners if they want to do something in Home with their product. Calling Home lazy... is just ignorant.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 16 of 27 (3 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Apr 23, 2010

Obviously there involves meetings with publishers, correspondence with game devs, probably some facilitation of legal teams, several internal meetings, and that is before the production cycle even starts. Sallaries must be paid all the way. For an item that just costs a buck or two.....that's a lot of work.

also....

,Avara wrote:

Thank you!!!!

TO THE OP - if you are a dev - or a computer programmer in any shape - please explain why you think that Home Is Lazy.

JPConway

Message 17 of 27 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Apr 23, 2010

firehawk2324 wrote:

molt2000 wrote:

ok so today i thought i would voice something not many people always do i dont know why but i have felt for the past couple of months that the home team is just lazy i mean releasing game content almost a month of its release thats just bioshock 2 came out weeks ago and were just getting the costumes now developers churn out dlc faster than u can devolp cloths and most of the time thats all we get on thursdays is crap that we should have had weeks ago and we also have to pay oh wait we have the chance to win something almost every week but the directions of how to enter are so unclear and are a joke also events such as game launching are a joke half the people dont even launch into anything i went to a game launching and all it was a bunch of people freaking dancing talking about how to game launch events in playstation home are completly and utteryl unorganized i do not think home team cares wouldnt make sense releasing avatar costumes cause fo the release of avatar on dvd no instead we get biohsock 2 costumes when it came out weeks ago im sick of it feel free for anyone to share there opoinon or complaint

Sony has no control over releasing Avatar costumes. That is up to the movie company that Sony works with. It's the same for the clothing and costumes that get released. Sony worked with Square Enix to get the Final Fantasy XIII costumes released. Sony worked with LucasArts to get Star Wars/Indiana Jones/The Secret of Monkey Island.

Sony does not own any of those brand names, therefore they can only ask the owners if they want to do something in Home with their product. Calling Home lazy... is just ignorant.

I agree firehawk, patience, as always, is a virtue, is it not?

Yeah, I'm a guy playing as a girl, so what? I get hit on,
on average, 10 times a day on Home, why, because
the unsuspecting guy is an idiot, 'nuff said.
Message 18 of 27 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Apr 23, 2010

One of the things I think that holds up content is the fact that they can't just up and create something on a whim.  Many times it takes two parties especially in the case of Square-Enix.  There is also a giant voice from all the users on what content should be added.  They're not going to make everybody happy so they try for the majority.  Bottom line, with each update not everybody is going to be happy.  But I think the Home Team has done a great job so far and I look forward to what happens in the future

Message 19 of 27 (3 Views)
Splicer
71 posts

Apr 23, 2010

Criticism is never a bad thing 'cause there always is room for improvement, and it keeps things in check.

Message 20 of 27 (3 Views)
0 Likes