Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Re: pervs takin my pic

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

shimmeringraven wrote:
then why did they follow me? they were takin my pic because they even admit it! so now what you got to say? im stickin to my guns here because photographic harrssment has no place in home as far as im conserned.

*sigh*

This should be the first red flag that you should not participate in virtual worlds.  Not only is this NOT against any TOS, but they are just pixels for crying out loud.  Complaining about that just makes you sound like you are craving for attention any way you can get it, and looking to come off as some kind of victim.  

It's a virtual world, it is NOT real life, and there are countless options for you to use to avoid getting "harassed" - far more than IRL, and frankly if you report someone for taking pics I hope they warn or even suspend you, as all you are doing is wasting a moderator's time as they have to now go through the chat log to see if there really was any violation - as taking pics is NOT.

If you don't want someone to take pics, walk away, or change spaces, or temporarily enter a store from the Nav menu (which makes your avatar disappear from view without actually leaving the space).  

Seriously though, complaining about someone taking pics of your avatar is ridiculous, and I hope someday you look back at what you posted and can laugh at yourself and realize how badly you were overreacting.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 61 of 67 (1,894 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Mar 27, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

shimmeringraven wrote:
1. dont report people for standing next ot me. i like to chat to people.
2. photographic harrassment is real. i can usually not be bothered but last night it was very bad.
3. racism and cursing arent allowed on home i didnt think. you like to make racist remarks and swear at people muff?

In real life, maybe. But not on Home.

If you're in a public space, anyone can take your picture at any time. And unless they're verbally assaulting you or something, you have no right to report them.

Get over it. Seriously. You're overracting on so many levels.

Not even in real life.  While some states are beginning to place some restrictions on paparazzi, it is perfectly legal to take as many pictures as you like of people in public places.... To even for a moment think photographic harassment in a virtual world is real is beyond delusional.  

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 62 of 67 (1,613 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 27, 2013

shimmeringraven wrote

its when people follow you purposefully taking pics of you even after you ask them to stop and they dont stop. its harrassment.

No, it is not.  By that logic if I told you to stop breathing because I found it annoying and you didn't stop it would be harassment.  Seriously, can't you even for a moment stop and think about what you are saying and see how ridiculous you sound right now?

"Like it never happened"

Message 63 of 67 (1,221 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Mar 27, 2013
As much as I agree with your points, D, it's no use.
If OP wants to continue to let people "photographically harass" them, then let 'em do so. Smiley Very Happy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 64 of 67 (1,073 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
444 posts

Mar 27, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

shimmeringraven wrote:

they were not in the ugly noob clothes. they pmed my and talked fast so i know they aint new!

Maybe they were just trying to troll you then, if that's the case. And clearly it worked.

Seriously, why do people always make such a HUGE deal out of this?

"Oh no, some dude took a picture of my pixels! Clearly he's a perv !"

It's not that big a deal, honestly. Jeez.

Sure, it can get a little annoying. But if someone wants to take pics of my avi, by all means, go ahead. It's ridiculously harmless. What they do with said picture is all on them.

I'd rather have someone taking pictures of my avi than trying to get in it's pants.

lol home sex

Message 65 of 67 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Mar 27, 2013

bookepride wrote:

shimmeringraven wrote:
my real hubby is on home with me too. why does that even matter to u? are you the perv that was after me?

Because you mentioned it first? and yes, yes I was! Smiley Wink

lmao! just the laugh i needed before falling asleep!

i wish i could have kudoed this!

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 66 of 67 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
4213 posts

Mar 27, 2013

This thread has run it's course and will now be locked.  Thanks!

Message 67 of 67 (126 Views)