Apr 01 2014
By: f18hornet1975 First Son 6 posts

people claiming to be ps home security

30 replies 508 views Edited Apr 1, 2014

there is a guy on ps home that is going around claiming to be ps home security and as usual a report does nothing! what the hell is the point of reporting if nothng is done about it! there are kids on here. we teach our kids who to trust and security is one of them! where do i go to make a report that wil! actual get something done about this! i called playstation they dont care?!

Message 1 of 31 (508 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Re: people claiming to be ps home security

Apr 1, 2014
It usually takes days, sometimes weeks for a ban to happen if the person is indeed breaking the rules. That is a silly rule imo though. Just "ignore" them. They're just having their fun roleplaying like many others, and there are far worse things they could be doing.
~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 31 (485 Views)
VP of Gaming
28881 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

f18hornet1975 wrote:

there is a guy on ps home that is going around claiming to be ps home security and as usual a report does nothing!

What do you mean that a "report does nothing"?

If you are expecting immediate acton, that is a rare thing. That only happens if a Moderator happens to be there in that instance.

Once we submit a report, it will generally take a few days to a few weeks before any action takes place, if at all. Home Moderation recieves hundreds of reports a day/week. They have to investigate each report before making a decision.

And if they do take action, most often we will not be informed as to it having been done.

Each time you see a fraud, report them. Do not talk to them or about them. Just report and continue with what you were doing before you saw them. If you wish, put them on IGNORE.

And teach your friends that they can also do the same for the community.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 31 (481 Views)
Fender Bender
2038 posts

Apr 1, 2014

Reporting does in fact do something if the user you filed against committed an offence, but it can take up to a week for your report to be verified by PlayStation Home Moderation.

It doesn't happen right away. 

So if you see any Home users acting inappropriately, simply report them as you have been and continue on, it does make a difference and they will be dealt with in a manner of time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 31 (480 Views)
Gaming Beast
1349 posts

Apr 1, 2014

I think it kinda like Due Process there have a playstion term for it, but in short, hey have to review ur complant and determin the best course of action that must not be easy choice. thank for reading live in moderation Smiley Happy

3298082180_6e53883a89[1].jpg

Message 5 of 31 (467 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 1, 2014

my point is more about little 12 to 15 year olds that trust ppl tht say stuff like this and get hurt in the process this guy has been getting away w it and i have been reporting him for werks tyvm btw there is NEVER mods around when u need them ps home needs better management and security. i have a 3 week old daughter and as a parent bthis is extremely concerning. 

Message 6 of 31 (464 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28881 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2014

If you think the matter is serious enough, or is escalating, you can come to this forum and send a PM (Private Message) to HomeForumMods. Include in your message, the imposter's PSN ID, the date, time, time zone and details of the offense.

Again, you may not get a response, but your message would be read and the problem handled with appropriately. You did your part, Moderation will do theirs.

And as before, teach your friends to do the same.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 7 of 31 (460 Views)
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Apr 1, 2014

If you aren't doing anything wrong don't worry! I'm sure if it was a mod of some sort they wouldn't tell you they were. As far as reporting working i'm sure it does to a degree but not always as i know of a guy thats been threatening ppl regularly for WEEKS at Sodium and hes still there. I use ignore and i'm done with it Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 31 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1102 posts

Apr 1, 2014

f18hornet1975 wrote:

my point is more about little 12 to 15 year olds that trust ppl tht say stuff like this and get hurt in the process this guy has been getting away w it and i have been reporting him for werks tyvm btw there is NEVER mods around when u need them ps home needs better management and security. i have a 3 week old daughter and as a parent bthis is extremely concerning. 

Off topic, but congrats with the new born Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Message 9 of 31 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3859 posts

Apr 1, 2014

f18hornet1975 figured:

:^/ You have a three week old child and you have time for video games? Wow....

Message 10 of 31 (429 Views)