I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Re: new lockwood hairstyles....

Jan 17, 2011

THere is an easy solution for this. Make suggestions in a suggestion thread, and while you're at it provide a picture or as much descriptive detail as possible. If devs don't know what's broke, they can't fix it, so speak up.

Perish_Song
Message 11 of 20 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Jan 17, 2011

Hi All,

Very much with Perish on this one.

We are aware that there have been a lot of suggestions and requests for more content for male avatars and this is something that we are looking into.

Hair is something very personal and we are aware that what may be common place here in the UK may be new, weird or uncommon over in the US. Please remember that there is always a difference between:

• the image you have in your minds eye,
  • what you describe,
  • how that description is read
  • how an artist or designer interprets that description
  • what the specifications of the technology allow

With this in mind if there are a range of haircuts and styles you'd like to see then pictures or images are a BIG help.

Message 12 of 20 (392 Views)
Survivor
1924 posts

Jan 18, 2011

I think it's great that Lockwood is making more hair styles. Personally, I think there are some good male ones out already. But females lack good enough range of hairstyles. And That leaves a big vacancy that needs filling.

What I've noticed that the standard hairs for women are pretty bad. And girls need more "average" hair styles. Not so much fancy, but basic, especially nice long hair styles.

The basic long hairs for women are kinda odd. Many are unusually straight. Sometimes mechanically straight.  The bangs need a little "natural disorder."

Btw, one thing that Lockwood might want to make is "hair additions" that are added to the earphones catagory. So they can add a ponytail, or some extra hair locks to a hairstyle. it could be a ponytail lock, or some locks in the front.

Message 13 of 20 (392 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1266 posts

Jan 28, 2011

The half-fro.Front half braid with back half afro. (took me three weeks to find).

http://worldhairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/afro-hairstyles-for-men-3.jpg

Dreadlocks- and yes, the knot in the back makes it cool.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvEA5dS1uNRFNN4ee4iIfFiLjSFbaMObL-iyTa0RSUHn_ZKnCyKm4JzQlvBQhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwm1fssLFfTWa2KUocoxYAfMrMaq64mCQYSZnuFLuPkH8o0ZWz

Dangerously spiky hair. Notice the spices sweep off to the side.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTbz4QXfDGgvifBUTAMu32d3KN1PcsHHNMDQF-CLwjQlIMPUosEwhttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAyPW2k8zRdmk9ip0DBehMmVmJ78-hl3pgCPYxiVnBwUvFK1rvrg

I'd buy any of these three.

Perish_Song
Message 14 of 20 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
535 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Hi Perish,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anymore for anymore?

Message 15 of 20 (392 Views)
Sackboy
530 posts

Jan 28, 2011

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Hi Perish,

Anymore for anymore?

Lockwood Publishing Community Team "Your Questions Answered"

Pigtails, I'll buy them by the hundreds! Seriously though, pigtails are my thing, I'd like to see more of that in various styles

Message 16 of 20 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Hi Lockwood Developers, its always nice to see posts from officials on the Forums and see you actively take part in discussions.

Now I know this thread started off about hairstyles, and I really do like the latest 2 you released (Natalia and Jennifer I think), but, seen as your reading I have a request you maybe able to follow up on......

So far on Home, we have a lot of pants or skirts to go with tops which is really nice as it gives us the chance to mix and match and create our own styles, but it would be nice to have a few more dresses in the stores. BUT, and this bit is important, can you make it so that the dress only comes under the 'tops' icon. In other words it allows us to wear whatever we like from the 'legs' icon.

Please bear with me on this. Now, in the EU Billabong have made a very nice 'little black dress', shown below.

Photobucket

But the above dress is a full outfit, so you cant wear anything from the 'legs' icon.

Irem have for sale a skirt that comes with stockings, although the stockings stop at the ankles (shown below) so can only really be worn with boots.

Photobucket

Soooooo.... what I am asking is, could you make a dress that just comes using the 'tops' icon, and then produce a selection of hosiery that come under the 'legs' icon (i see you brought some out this week but they come under the 'feet' icon), then we could wear a dress and choose what hosiery to wear with it - its a whole new marketing window for you

Also, if its not asking too much as I have no idea on the complexities of writing something for this, but could you make it so that the stockings also cover the feet so we can choose what footwear we want to wear with it. If thats too difficult for now, then as Irem have stopped at the ankles would be fine for now but it would be nice to have the choice.

Thankyou for listening, and for the regular updates you do for all of us

Message 17 of 20 (392 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 28, 2011

LockwoodVoice wrote:

Hi Perish,

Anymore for anymore?

More long hair for girls.  Try to be a little more realistic with the shapes... we get that Lockwood is about the fun, but the model quality is generall higher than most contributors' and it'd be nice to have it applied to some more natural-looking hairstyles.

On the unnatural side, I'd like to see some front/back asymmetrical long styles, as often seen in anime (e.g. Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell).  There was one set that had the right idea, but the upper part was ridiculously inflated for some reason, and the lower tapered to nothing.

The other thing I like is the long, thick bangs on the purple Sunless hair/crown.  I love that look sometimes, with eyebrows covered.  Might even be fun to come further down, all the way across or on one side.

Message 18 of 20 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
370 posts

Jan 28, 2011

Aiken_Drum wrote:

The other thing I like is the long, thick bangs on the purple Sunless hair/crown.  I love that look sometimes, with eyebrows covered.  Might even be fun to come further down, all the way across or on one side.

PS: Not, however, like the one set of hair that has a giant triangle of hair dripping down over one eye to chin level.  Not that much. 

Message 19 of 20 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
433 posts

Jan 29, 2011

I'd like more appropriate layering and bangs for long hair styles so that it doesn't make your avatar look so awkward and plastic. Case in point: the Jennifer hairstyle. It's a great idea but the bangs are horid and the hair rests only on the back. A few strands over the shoulder would have made it look more natural as well as some tendrils falling here and there.

Message 20 of 20 (392 Views)
0 Likes