Fender Bender
2651 posts

Re: nDreams Locomotion Items

Sep 24, 2012
I do like the idea of new features for the avatars. It's about time really. One can only imagine what this new functionality might bring.

You asked what people might pay $50 for. How about fully customizable avatars with unlimited emotes, speeds, flying etc?
castle3
Message 21 of 50 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Mind is blown. I'm definitely getting the Ninja Run. Robot surprised

Will the animations for these also be previewable in the Home store? Some people may not see the video of them, so I'm just wondering if there are plans to include previews of how they look before you buy. This is especially important if in the future we see more Locomotion Items released without a video showcasing them. Perhaps nDreams can add an active item to Aurora that lets visitors try them out in that space? Just an idea. Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 50 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2375 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Looks great, looking forward to some of those.
Message 23 of 50 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2781 posts

Sep 25, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I'm honestly not sure what to think of this. Give the devs full marks for innovation and creativity. It all sounds cool. That said, I have some reservations about standing in a public space with people flying all over the place. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical. We'll see how it all pans out. It certainly opens up some possibilities.

I have the same concerns as you. I cant say I'm looking forward to seeing people flying around or running around super fast all over the place. I guess I'm being over skeptical as well, but we'll see what happens tomorrow...

Message 24 of 50 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Sep 25, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I'm honestly not sure what to think of this. Give the devs full marks for innovation and creativity. It all sounds cool. That said, I have some reservations about standing in a public space with people flying all over the place. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical. We'll see how it all pans out. It certainly opens up some possibilities.

Makes me also wonder if Home exploiters, will use the items for freezing methods?

However, this is a good step in the right direction.

For expanding Home.

Message 25 of 50 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 25, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I do like the idea of new features for the avatars. It's about time really. One can only imagine what this new functionality might bring.

You asked what people might pay $50 for. How about fully customizable avatars with unlimited emotes, speeds, flying etc?

Certain HSM articles are written based on a knowledge of what's coming, either to support it or counterpoint it. In the case of the article on $50 commodities, what was obliquely set up was a commentary on what would be really valuable to Home users, knowing that -- thanks to Home 1.7 -- some truly unprecedented and lucrative commodities (which enhance the social aspects of Home) were going to be released this week at remarkably low prices.

There are, of course, reasons why commodities are sometimes priced the way they are; it's not always a subjective decision. In this case, it benefits the community, as I suspect a fair number of users would pony up considerably more money for what nDreams and Juggernaut are rolling out this week. And thus that money is being left on the table. And that's a shame, because at times it seems like the wrong commodities are being overpriced and pushed as so-called "exclusives."

I doubt we're going to see everyone in Home running around with these new locomotion tools, if only because there's a healthy percentage of Home's population (just like any such freemium social MMO game) that just doesn't monetize at all, for anything. The difference here is that these locomotion tools will likely have a longer sales curve than the typical Home commodity.

Indeed, new avatar functionality may -- in time -- get to the point of being akin to Home clothing items, where you simply can't keep track of it all any more. That diversity, to me at least, would be a very welcome experience.

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 26 of 50 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Sep 25, 2012

2 words flying hampsters Smiley LOL

images.jpg

Message 27 of 50 (191 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 25, 2012

TSFRJ wrote:

2 words flying hampsters Smiley LOL

Flying Homelings, for that matter, would be really cool. It just fits.

Message 28 of 50 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5706 posts

Sep 25, 2012

i know they will be 1.99 to 3.99 but did they say if there will be a locomotion bundle and bundle price?

images.jpg

Message 29 of 50 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Wait until glitchers get hold of these
Message 30 of 50 (169 Views)
0 Likes