nDreams Developer
514 posts

Re: nDreams Locomotion Items

Sep 24, 2012
Hey Digitman. Unfortunately not, when you play a game it will over ride the inventory item do you will revert back to normal animation that's not just orb runner, that's all games in Home.

We have started discussions internally about orb runner and what we can do to improve it and change it up, so feel free to start a new thread with ideas :-)
nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Message 11 of 50 (291 Views)
Wastelander
767 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Thew902 wrote:
This is the main feature I'm excited for this week. I can't wait to hear about the pricing.

They will be priced from: $1.99 - $3.99

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/24/playstation-home-update-palace-of-the-seven-winds-blows-in... (See Second Comment)

Message 12 of 50 (265 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Sep 24, 2012
I'm honestly not sure what to think of this. Give the devs full marks for innovation and creativity. It all sounds cool. That said, I have some reservations about standing in a public space with people flying all over the place. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical. We'll see how it all pans out. It certainly opens up some possibilities.
castle3
Message 13 of 50 (255 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

Sep 24, 2012

nDreams_Joey wrote:
Hey Digitman. Unfortunately not, when you play a game it will over ride the inventory item do you will revert back to normal animation that's not just orb runner, that's all games in Home.

We have started discussions internally about orb runner and what we can do to improve it and change it up, so feel free to start a new thread with ideas :-)

As I suspected it would. Thanks for the clarification.

Message 14 of 50 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4692 posts

Sep 24, 2012
Just saw the pricing. Thanks though :-)
Message 15 of 50 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

These new locomotions for your avatar are pretty cool. But don't some costumes already have some of these abitlities already?

bobs fed signature
Message 16 of 50 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Sep 24, 2012

When are going to get this We’re working on a mysterious new apartment with a dark story and puzzles contained within it.  My money is waiting but I love the locomotions

Message 17 of 50 (223 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Sep 24, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

These new locomotions for your avatar are pretty cool. But don't some costumes already have some of these abitlities already?

These items can actually increase the speed of your avatar. The others couldn't. These can also be worn with anything while before you had to wear specific full body outfits.

Message 18 of 50 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1207 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 24, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

Yes there are several costumes with custom animations however these are inventory items which means you can use them with ANY piece of clothing or costume you are wearing. 

@SIQAUN

I'm willing to bet sometime before Halloween.

Message 19 of 50 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1187 posts

Sep 24, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
I'm honestly not sure what to think of this. Give the devs full marks for innovation and creativity. It all sounds cool. That said, I have some reservations about standing in a public space with people flying all over the place. Maybe I'm just being overly skeptical. We'll see how it all pans out. It certainly opens up some possibilities.

It's worth noting that this already takes place in Home -- except you have to be wearing specialized outfits to do it (the Balloon guys, for instance), or hanging out at Novus Prime. The big attraction to this new roll-out is that you don't have to change your avatar's appearance in order to gain the functionality, which means two things:

1.) Full-body outfits with specialized emotes and gesticulations just became obsolete, so there likely won't be much new development in this market segment.

2.) We're doubtlessly going to see a lot more users flying around, skateboarding, levitating, et cetera.

The one interesting wrinkle is that the flight appears to be strictly two-dimensional; looking at the video, there do not appear to be any controls for changing altitude -- which makes sense, as there are public spaces in which you'd be able to see off the end of the map -- so it's not going to be a What Dreams May Come scenario in a public space. Unless that feature is present and simply not being advertised, the only two types of altitude-controlled avatar flight in Home are still Hellfire's antigravity and Juggernaut's Essence of the Seven Winds.

Personally, I'm really excited by this upcoming release from nDreams. The more avatar functionality Sony and developers provide us with, the more fertile the soil for Home's social scene to flourish. At the very least, instead of people standing around in dancing circles, we'll have levitation circles!

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Message 20 of 50 (210 Views)
0 Likes